DJI Zenmuse Z15-N Camera Gimbal System (Sony NEX-5N)
This is the DJI Innovations Zenmuse Z15 Camera Gimbal. This gimbal system is used with the DJI Spreading Wings S800 multi-rotor, and is compatible with the Sony NEX-5N camera with E16MM F2.8 Lens. Gone are the days of shaky, unstable aerial video footage! Whether you are shooting a movie or commercial, or performing a search and rescue mission, shaky footage is unacceptable, and the number one problem plaguing the aerial photography industry. After all, what good is a view from the sky if it’s unusable? Through the use of a 3-axis Gyro, IMU feedback, and DJI's Gimbal Special Servo Drive Module, the Zenmuse line of camera gimbals achieve sub-pixel stabilization, even in windy conditions! This performance was previously only achieved with expensive full-scale helicopter gimbals; which cost upwards of $500,000. Now, for less than 1% of that cost, you can achieve perfectly stable footage every flight.
- Outstanding High-End 3-axis Gimbal: DJI Zenmuse is a milestone gimbal system developed for professional filming, and commercial aerial photography. Even if the aircraft is in fast-speed flight, Zenmuse can still stabilize and control the camera equipment precisely with incredible stability. The precision of control angle is within a ±0.05° range, so picture or video output can reach the best effect.
- Gimbal Design Customized for Different Cameras: For optimum performance, DJI designed two systems to best suit specific cameras. The Zenmuse Z15-N supports the Sony Nex5N camera. This Gimbal will only support that specific camera.
- Multiple Control Modes: Zenmuse gimbal system has three different control modes, Orientation-locked mode, Non Orientation-locked mode and Back to Mid-point mode (Horizontal mode). The three modes can be switched quickly from one mode to another as needed to meet the different requirements of aerial photography. With the perfect mode and easy operation of the stable 3-axis Zenmuse gimbal, users can capture incredible aerial images.
- 3-Axis Unlimited Rotation Angle: The 3-axis Zenmuse gimbal system uses a creative design for its mechanical structure. The slip rings inside eliminates complicated wiring. All the power and signal wires are integrated into the Gimbal framework, which allows full axis rotation without any limitation.
- Built-in Independent IMU Module: Using DJI's perfect attitude-stabilized algorithm, together with the high-precision induction device, Zenmuse delivers perfect attitude control. It is easy to assemble and will maintain stablity during flight without the use of additional items or the connection of extra wires.
- Independent Gimbal Controller: The separated controller equipped to gimbal is connected by the CAN wires with the main controller of the DJI autopilot system. According to gimbal attitude feedback, it can control the rotation direction and angles with precision and also communicate and get real-time control orders from the main controller of the autopilot system.
- DJI Gimbal Special Servo Drive Module: DJI Customized Gimbal Special Servos Drive Module meets all the control requirements of the high performance Zenmuse gimbal. With high precision, low vibration, and high torque characters，the DJI Gimbal Special Servos Drive Module is an excellent combination of drive and module.
- HDMI-AVI Module: In order to minimize the payload of aircraft, the video output module with expanded features like camera shutter is customized to transform HDMI signal to AV in neat wiring, which ensures the smooth and free movement of the 3-axis Gimbal.
- 3-axis Controlled Rotation Speed: Zenmuse Gimbal 3-axis rotation controlling function is simple and easy to apply. Stick range corresponds with rotation speed of gimbal axis. Excellent control algorithm guarantee high precision performance of the axis rotation. Zenmuse gimbal rotation speed will not be influenced even when the aircraft is in high-speed spinning or quick lifting.
- Aircraft: Spreading Wings S800 or Unmanned Helicopter
- Camera: SONY NEX-5N
- Supported Lens: SONY E 16mm F/2.8 (SEL16F28)
- GCU Supported Input Power: 4S~12S LiPo (Recommend 6S if with S800)
- Control: Four spare receiver channels at least
- Assistant Software Install Requirements: Windows XP SP3/Windows 7
- Working Current:
- Static current: 200mA (@25V)
- Dynamic current: 400mA (@25V)
- Locked-rotor current: 4A (@25V)
- Working Temperature: -10°C ~ 50°C
- Weight: Z15-N - 1.25Kg
- Size: 200x200x230mm
- Innersize: Z15-N - 115x75mm
- Payload: Sony NEX-5N: 336g w/Lens & Battery
- Angular Speed: ±0.05°
- Max Speed:
- Pan axis: ±130°/s
- Tilt axis: ±130°/s
- Roll axis: ±30°/s
- Control Roll Arrange:
- Pan axis control: ±360° continuous rotation
- Tilt axis control: ±360° continuous rotation
- Roll axis control: ±40° (±360° mechanic continuous rotation)
- Built-in Functions:
- Three Working Modes:
- *Orientation-locked control
- *Non orientation-locked control
- *FPV mode (Reset)
- Built-in independent IMU module
- DJI gimbal special servos drive module
- HDMI-AV module
- Wireless video transmission support
- Camera shutter control support
- Wide range voltage input support
- WARNING! No adjusting or amending is allowed to Z15!!! Z15 is specialized for Camera and Lens before it leaves the factory. No adjusting or amending is allowed to Z15. Do not modify or add any other component/device (such as filter, lens hood, etc.) to the camera; make sure to use the original battery; otherwise it may ends up with worse performance or even internal malfunction. Simply mount your camera to the Z15.
- Z15 can only work with Autopilot system specified by DJI Innovations (Ace One/ Ace WayPoint/ WooKong M), so as to ensure the highest stability and precision.
- Please download the corresponding assistant software and upgrade the autopilot system MC firmware, otherwise may lead the Z15 work abnormally.
- DJI Innovations assumes no liability for damage(s) or injuries incurred directly or indirectly from the use of this product.
For safety reasons, please pay serious attention to all following items:
- Ensure nothing blocks the servo driver module rotation, to avoid motor damage.
- Camera’s HDMI resolution should be set to 1080i.
- Ensure to mount the side of servo driver module1 without ports to the aircraft nose direction.
- The gimbal center of gravity has been set, whose position directly determine gimbal performance. Please do not adjust the gimbal center of gravity by yourself.
- The gimbal is a high-precision control device. Do not remove any other screws in the gimbal, which may result in bad performance or even damage.
- Do not unplug any cable attaching to the gimbal ports, or even change the mechanical structure.
- Make sure all wiring is correct, otherwise may lead to gimbal abnormal work or even out of control.
- Make sure to connect Video Transmission Unit to gimbal controller before power on the system.
- The standard gimbal video power cable is recommended.
- Make sure you solder the gimbal video power cable to the wireless video transmission unit correctly, to avoid the 12V power burn the gimbal or your own device. And ensure the cables are insulated, to prevent from short circuit.
- Ensure the 12V power is safe for you own device when other power cable is used.
- Make sure the wireless video transmission module current consumption does not exceed 1A, to prevent GCU from damage.
- Pay attention to that S800 power supply voltage is within the defined limits (6S), when using one battery for both S800 and Gimbal power supply.
- Different camera or lens should use special component.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday, July 5, 2013.