This is the HPI Wheely King 4WD RTR Monster Truck. The action just got even more intense with the Wheely King 4X4 truck, now WATERPROOF and comes standard with a 2.4GHz radio system! The Wheely King 4X4 is a true-to-scale monster truck that features full-time 4WD for maximum traction that allows it to go anywhere. From car crushing stadium monster truck action to rock crawling in the mountains, the Wheely King 4X4 can do it all. And of course, awesome wheelie action is available with a pull of the trigger!
With custom tuned weight distribution and a rear wheelie bar, easy controlled wheelies are part of the action every time you drive the Wheely King 4X4! Watch it drive long stretches with its wheels in the air. See it pop a wheelie out of every corner out on the track. And if wheelies just aren't your bag, all it takes is a few simple modifications to take your Wheely King 4X4 to the next level... rock crawling! The Wheely King is the ultimate combination of true-to-scale monster truck looks and fun high-flying monster truck action!
The Wheely King 4X4 is great for the show-and-go crowd - fat chrome wheels hold 5.4" all-terrain Mud Thrasher monster truck tires, and the Twin Vertical Plate (TVP) chassis features a super cool tube design that looks just like the real monster trucks you've enjoyed watching! Front and rear solid axles feature pivot joints and a realistic looking multi-link monster truck suspension for easy driving and control!
It's not just about its good looks, however - the Wheely King 4X4 lives up to its name from the second you pull the trigger! With its strong 540-size motor and solid-axle 4WD drive train, the Wheely King 4X4 is a joy to drive around tight, twisty terrain or down the street!
The Wheely King RTR is equipped with a high quality HPI 2.4GHz radio system. 2.4GHz technology provides you with the best possible vehicle operation and control, without the need of crystals, just turn on your radio and drive. Racing in large groups is possible without running into any frequency conflicts.
- 4WD Drivetrain: The Wheely King 4X4 puts the power to all four wheels for maximum grip.
- 5.4" Mud Thrasher Tires: Throw mud and rocks at your buddies.
- Long Travel Suspension: 6 full inches of oil damped, coil over, plush suspension to soak up the worst terrain.
- Fully Painted and Detailed Body: Brand new graphics and colors set this tough truck apart.
- TVP Chassis Construction: Super Tough TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) construction pioneered with the Savage line of Monster Trucks.
- Reversible electronic speed control: Automatic setup, and reverse to get you out of the tight spots.
- High torque 540 motor (27T): Plenty of power to keep the front wheels pointed to the clouds.
- HPI Plasma 7.2 V 2000mAh NiMH Battery: Compatible with industry standard chargers and replacement batteries.
- Clip-on molded nylon cover for gear protection: Keep your gear protected while you are exploring the wilderness.
- Full Ball bearings for efficiency and long run time: Everybody likes more speed and longer runtime, right!
- Quick-change battery slot: Just put in a fresh battery and get back to the excitement!
- Efficient sliding center universal drive shaft: Allows incredible suspension travel for off-road action.
LENGTH: 431.8mm (17in.)
WIDTH: 297.2mm (11.7in.)
HEIGHT: 254mm (10in.)
WHEELBASE: 238.8mm (9.4in.)
TIRES: 135mm x 69mm (5in. x 3in.)
SUSPENSION TRAVEL: 152.4mm (6in.)
- Pre-Assembled Wheely King 4WD truck
- 2.4GHz radio system
- 27T Saturn motor
- SC-15WP waterproof electronic speed control
- SF-10W waterproof servo
- Battery & charger
- Painted GT-1 body
This product was added to our catalog on December 6, 2011.
Bought this truck for my son so he could have one to drive with me. I end up asking him to let me try. It really is that much fun. Very well built. Rock solid. Great with the 2.4GHz radio. You won't regret this purchase!!
This is one tough and awesome truck. I bought a Traxxas 1/16 Stampede, after I converted my WheelyKing to a Crawler (also Awesome!) but now I want another WheelyKing. The Traxxas has a lot of issues, driveshafts rubbing on suspension parts, A-frame arms breaking, just not durable like the HPI trucks I own. I also own a CrawlerKing, but it is too fast to crawl and too slow to have much fun, but it is still a well built product and durable. I wanted a Traxxas Stampede, but for the price comparison to the WheelyKing, I think I'll stick with HPI. I recommend the WheelyKing to anyone who wants to go out and have fun with little or no problems. The only issue with HPI is the steering servos, which don't seem to have enough strength to turn the wheels fully to the servo limits. That's easily fixable, with stronger servos.
Awesome truck. Very beginner friendly and it is very durable. Performs like a real monster truck too! Cant go wrong with it
this is a awesome truck even when its stock (get a new battery though) you can do alot with this truck want a crawler and a basher? wheelyking
want to remake a monster jam truck? wheelyking
want a scale looking monster truck? wheelyking
want a realistic acting monster truck? wheelyking
like i said you can do ALOT with a wheelyking good for newbies also
good ESC and a alright spur gear
a alright servo (may want a new one for crawling)
only comes with a HPI Plazma 7.2 V 2000mAh NiMH Battery
with the stock battery you only maybe get like 15 min of runtime
stock servo is not that great for crawling or trail runs
has ALOT of torque twist if you remove sway bar to extend the wheelbase
comes with 8 hour wall-charger (make sure to buy a good charger if you havent)
but other then those problems this truck is REALLY FUN to drive and bash out of the box
NOTE if you do upgrade to a more faster motor make sure to buy a new spur gear stock spur gear WILL snap
dont get a motor that goes faster then a 20t motor you will break alot of parts if you do so.
and i do recommend this truck as i had 2 ones a crawler and the other a monster truck basher! got rid of my crawler and kept my monster truck version :)
This is very good truck I haven't broke anything! It's very scale looking too I suggest this to every one
I want to buy a wheely king but im not sure but i want to try something because my nitro traxxas stampede broke down so i dnt want any more traxxas