This is a Hakko 5.2mm Wide Chisel Tip. This wide chisel tip is good for coarse soldering work, such as battery connections and large electrical connections, but is not suitable for soldering small electric connections.
This tip is compatible with the following Hakko Soldering Stations and Systems:
- Hakko FX-888 Soldering Station
- Hakko 913 ESD Safe Fume Extraction Iron (Requires a Fume Extraction System)
- Hakko 907 Soldering Iron
- Hakko 907-ESD Soldering Iron
- Hakko 900M Soldering Iron
- Hakko 900M-ESD Soldering Iron
- Hakko 928 Soldering Station
- Hakko 936 Soldering Station
- Hakko 936-ESD Soldering Station
- Hakko 937 Soldering Station
- Hakko 703 Soldering Station
This product was added to our catalog on February 9, 2011.
This is a great tip for RC applications. The stock tip that comes with the Hakko 888 (T18‐D16) is too small for things like bullet connectors, ESC terminals and motor tabs. It'll heat them up eventually, but barely, producing cold solder joints. This 5.2mm tip, on the other hand, is perfect! I can press the flat side of the tip against a 12ga wire and it will heat it up along with the ESC terminal underneath it, creating a perfect solder joint. Motor tabs heat up in a split second, and you can use the edge of it for finer jobs like capacitor wires. Highly recommended.
Much better than the standard chisel tip. Soldering leads onto motors is a snap with this tip. I use less solder and it takes less time with this tip than the standard chisel tip.
Soldered my EC5's great, large face to dissipate heat to components fast.
the tip for soldering large gauge wire and deans. nough said!