- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
KDE Direct T-Rex 700 Series SXT Main Rotor Head System
This is an optional KDE Direct SXT Main Rotor Head System, and is intended for use with the Align T-Rex (V1/V2/DFC) and 800 (DFC/Conversion) helicopters. Additionally this head is compatible with the Gaui X7, Outrage Velocity 90N, and other 700/800-class helicopters with 12.0mm O.D. main drive shafts (see *Design Notice below for additional required components).
The KDE Direct SXT Main Rotor Head System provides the most innovative and highly-engineered control mechanics to install confidence in any flying style. Every detail was scrutinized and continually reviewed to provide the ultimate system for Flybarless flight control, providing the latest technology for fast-response and smooth flight characteristics tailored to your own flying style.
The system includes: (1) a strengthened housing design (no more wear from extreme-flying styles and larger 800-class helicopters), (2) optimized main rotor grip arms for Flybarless control, (3) innovative clamping mechanism signature to all KDE Direct head designs, (4) custom heavy-duty ball links for high strength and durability, and (5) true turnbuckle control links (clockwise and counter-clockwise M3 threaded) for precision adjustment and perfect blade tracking capability.
- Optimized Main Rotor Head System: The entire Main Rotor Head System is designed for fast response (lowered main rotor plane, 10mm taller than “DFC”) and excellent 3D flight performance, without the harsh and rigid mechanics required for direct‐control type systems. Allows for higher Flybarless‐system control gains to be utilized, matched with appropriate damper selection.
- Strengthened Housing Design: Geometry has been increased in key areas for significantly raised strength and stiffness characteristics in flight, without additional weight or undue material.
- Optimized Main Rotor Grip Arms: Arms extended further from the main shaft and optimized to the mounting location for perfect flight mechanic alignment and increased servo resolution (resulting in significantly improved Flybarless control).
- Innovative Clamping Mechanism: Design includes a M3 clamping mechanism for a rocksolid lock of the housing to the main shaft. This key design aspect provides unprecedented accuracy and crisp feel (no rocking/bobbing effects) for all types of flying styles.
- Turnbuckle Control Links: Stainless Steel M3 turnbuckles allowed for precise adjustment of pitch for perfect blade tracking and geometry setup. Solid M3 rod for extreme strength and durability (no flexing in flight).
- Heavy Duty Ball Links: Heavy‐Duty, 4.95mm ball links provided for unprecedented strength and durability, minimizing the chance of failures and required maintenance.
- (2) TREX 700 Series Aluminum Main Rotor Grip Control Links, SXT Version
- (2) KDE Direct 700 Series Hexagonal Turnbuckles, Heavy-Duty 3mm (Stainless Steel 303)
- (4) KDE Direct 700 Series Ball Links, Heavy-Duty 4.95mm
- (2) TREX 700 Series Aluminum Main Rotor Holder Arms, SXT Version
- (4) M3 x 0.5 x 6 mm Socket Head Cap Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
- (1) TREX 700 Series Aluminum Flybarless Main Rotor Housing, SXT Version
- (1) M4 x 0.7 x 18 mm Button Head Socket Head Cap Screw (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
- (4) M3 x 0.5 x 16 mm Socket Head Cap Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
*Design Notice: to achieve the best possible setup and perfect alignment of the flight mechanics, it is recommended to use the following ALIGN Flybarless components with this product:
- Main Shaft: AGNH70093 TREX 700 or AGNH80H001XX, TREX 800 DFC Main Shafts
- Dampers: AGNHN7024, TREX 700 Head Damper
- Flybarless Grips: AGNHN7116, TREX 700 Newly Main Rotor Holder
- Washout Arms: AGNHN7124, TREX 700FL Control Arm Set
- Swashplate: AGNHN7017QF, TREX 700FL CCPM Metal Swashplate
- Linkage Balls: AGNHN7065, TREX 700 Linkage Ball B, M3x4 (as needed)
NOTE: When using the 800 DFC Main Shaft, the washout arms will not be perpendicular to the main shaft at zero pitch (due to the 10mm longer length of the shaft in comparison to the 700 DFC version). This does not affect flight performance or durability in any manner, as the washout arms are solely used for swashplate phase alignment in Flybarless setups.
This product was added to our catalog on February 20, 2013.