KDE Direct XT Main Rotor Head System
This is the optional KDE Direct XT Main Rotor Head System, and is intended for use with the Align T-Rex 700E (V1/V2), 700 Nitro, and 700N E-Conversion series helicopters. The 700 Series XT Main Rotor Head System provides the most innovative and highly‐engineered control mechanics to instill confidence in any flying style. Every detail was scrutinized and continually reviewed to provide the ultimate system for Flybarless flight control, without fear of the common failure modes that plagues other competitive offerings in the market (boom strikes, bolt shear, misalignment, etc.).
To address the common fears of current direct-control Flybarless systems:
- Boom Strikes: the XT system raises the Main Rotor approximately 5.0mm for additional clearance between the main blades and tail boom; significantly reducing the chances of boom strikes on both the Electric and Nitro models, without any perceivable changes in flight performance.
- Bolt Shear: the XT system uses a custom-machined, Class 12.9, M4 socket head collar cap screw to attach the Main Rotor Grip Control Links to the Main Rotor Holder Arms, significantly increasing the strength and durability of this critical junction for safe Flybarless control.
- Component Vibration and Loosening: the XT system is fully Nylon-Insert Locknut captured at all critical components to prevent any chance of vibration and high-usage related loosening of both the Flybarless control junction and the ball link adapters
- Flybarless Resolution: the XT system has extended Main Rotor Holder Arms from the centerline of the main shaft, providing an increased servo travel and resultant Flybarless control resolution for all 3-axis systems, including the highly-popular Mikado™ VBAR® and BeastX® units.
- Versatile Connections: the XT system provides a versatile and robust method for proper ball-link alignment, without worry of slop developing from repeat use and cyclic loading. Simply adjust to your liking with the Class 12.9 M3 set screw
- STRENGTHENED HOUSING DESIGN: Geometry has been increased in key areas for significantly raised strength and stiffness characteristics in flight, without additional weight or undue material.
- INNOVATIVE CLAMPING MECHANISM: Design includes a M4/M3 clamping mechanism for a rock‐solid lock of the housing to the main shaft. This key design aspect provides unprecedented accuracy and crisp feel (no rocking/bobbing effects) for all types of flying styles.
- ROBUST MAIN GRIP CONTROL LINKS: FEA‐optimized design provides unprecedented strength and light‐weight characteristics for accurate pitch control.
- OPTIMIZED MAIN ROTOR GRIP ARMS: Arms extended further from the main shaft and optimized to the mounting location for perfect flight alignment and increased servo resolution (resulting in significantly improved Flybarless control). In addition, custom Grade 12.9 M4 Socket Head Collar Screw and Locknut design used to prevent chances of bolt shear, loosening, or other detrimental failures.
- VERSATILE AND SLOP‐FREE CONNECTION: Ball links are securely fastened with an innovative M3 Socket Head Set Screw and M3 Locknut design; providing a robust and slop‐free hold with the unique ability for easy adjustment and fine‐pitch control.
- OPTIMIZED MAIN ROTOR HEAD SYSTEM: The entire Main Rotor Head System is optimized for center‐of‐gravity alignment to the tail boom axis (for true, on‐point rolls) and further prevention of boom‐strikes on Electric and Nitro models. This was achieved by slightly raising the height of the rotor head plane and increasing stiffness in critical areas of the design.
- Align 700DFC Main Shaft (AGNH70093)
- Align 700DFC Head Damper (AGNH70096)
- Align Newly Main Rotor Holder (AGNHN7116)
- (1) TREX 700 Series Aluminum XT Main Rotor Head System
- (2) TREX 700 Series Aluminum Main Rotor Grip Control Links, XT Version
- (4) Radial Ball Bearings 4 x 8 x 3 mm
- (2) Bearing Collars 4 x 5.75 x 9 mm (Stainless Steel 304)
- (2) KDE Direct 700 Series Ball Links, Heavy-Duty 4.95mm
- (2) M3 x 0.5 x 20 mm Socket Head Set Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
- (2) M3 x 0.5 Nylon-Insert Locknuts (Zinc-Plated Class 8 Alloy Steel)
- (2) TREX 700 Series Aluminum Main Rotor Holder Arms, XT Version
- (2) Custom M4 x 0.7 x 34.75 mm Socket Head Collar Cap Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
- (4) M3 x 0.5 x 6 mm Socket Head Cap Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
- (2) M4 x 0.7 Nylon-Insert Locknuts (Zinc-Plated Class 8 Alloy Steel)
- (1) TREX 700 Series Aluminum Flybarless Main Rotor Housing, XT Version
- (2) M4 x 0.7 x 16 mm Socket Head Cap Screws (Class 12.9 BP Alloy Steel)
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday, May 31, 2012.