This is the Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI3 Competition 1/8 Off Road Buggy. The time has arrived to experience the Inferno’s legendary racing performance. With a total of 8 Off-Road World Championship Victories, including A Main Hobbies-sponsored team driver Cody King's triumph in 2010, the Kyosho Inferno series has established an unrivaled record of success. Tested at numerous international racing events, and proven with Jared Tebo's dominating performance at Neo 2012, design upgrades in multiple areas have elevated the MP9 chassis to another level.
The TKI3 chassis design focus is on efficient traction and is realized through short suspension arms and unique rear hubs that produce effective traction with a light suspension stroke. The shock design has changed from spacer setting adjustment to dial adjustment and includes the previously optional tapered hole shock pistons that produce optimal piston speed and damping power during long runs. Other features include a low-height body design with less front-end resistance that generates improved aerodynamics for a competitive edge, as well as stable posture through the air. With the power of the worlds most advanced racing platform firmly in your grasp, the innovative design of the TKI3 puts racing glory within your reach.
TKI 3 Features:
- HD Universals: 3.5mm thick swing shafts, much stronger than the previous version.
- Heavy Duty Shock Tower: Strengthened front shock tower features thicker construction giving you the ability to handle what ever your local track can dish out. Similar to what was used during the IFMAR 2011 Worlds.
- Redesigned Battery & Receiver Box: Redesigned molded battery and receiver box, which is compatible with KO Propo switch.
- Redesigned Servo Tray: Servo tray allows for precise, effective and linear linkage movement.
- Move Up: The radio tray has also undergone change which now allows for easy servo maintenance and replacement.
- Threaded Big Bore Shocks: Dial adjustable big bore shocks allow precision adjustment of front-rear and left-right suspension. (Front: Small / Rear: Medium)
- MP9 Wheel: Lightweight dish wheels provide optimal rigidity, traction and effective tire grip.
- Tapered Shock Pistons: Shock pistons with tapered holes deliver optimal oil flow resistance and piston speed for superior damping effectiveness.
- Improved King Pin Design: Longer king pin and longer flanged collar improves reliability and prevents knuckle coming loose in the event of hard contact or a crash.
- Redesigned Arms: Redesigned and reinforced for extra strength around the stabilizer mounting holes on the front lower suspension arms.
- Aluminum Wing & Radio Posts: Machined aluminum wing stay posts and radio plate posts deliver improved reliability through increased strength and rigidity.
- Suspension Bushings: White suspension bushings are included to provide you with high visibility of your setup.
- Aluminum Rear Hubs: Aluminum rear hubs effectively realizes shorter suspension arms to deliver reactive movement for traction efficiency.
- Body Design: Low-height body design with less front-end resistance that generates aerodynamics for a competitive edge and stable posture through the air.
- Air Filter: This high capacity air filter allows a long and consistent air feed to your engine.
- Ultra Low C.O.G: Ultra low center of gravity, lightweight and optimal weight balance all combine to deliver the ultimate racing weapon.
- More Down Force: Large bolt on wing generates powerful down force. Ribbing at the back results in improved rigidity.
- 7075 Grade Aluminum: Hard main chassis, hard shock stay, big bore shocks and aluminum knuckle arms made from 7075-grade aluminum, realize great strength, durability and rigidity.
- Hard Anodized Components: The shock stay and main chassis are hard anodized for improved resistance against dirt and damage.
- Composite Torque Rods: Resin torque rods fitted on front and rear contributes to moderate flexibility and smooth running performance.
- Endless Adjustments: Roll center can be adjusted by changing the direction of the spacer inserted into the lower arm of the rear suspension. Also, the one-piece ball and washer ball-ends are an added maintenance feature
- Upright Servo: Servo is mounted upright for easy maintenance and is dropped 2mm to contribute to the lower center of gravity. The hard chrome finish to the metal parts is more resistant to damage and dirt than anodizing.
- Extremely Light Weight: The smaller differential units on front and rear with grooved cup joints, aluminum balls and the flexing shape of resin parts effectively lightens the weight while giving the chassis rigidity, more durability and strength.
- Fuel Tank: Features finger hook for fast and reliable refueling and realizes stable fuel supply in even under severe posture changes.
- Wraparound Side Guards: Grooved face in side guard matches the thickness of velcro tape and prevents dirt getting inside the chassis. Complete wraparound side guards only found on Kyosho MP9.
- Equipped With Mud Guards: Mud guards on the rear arm prevent dirt entering the drive shaft and getting inside the wheels.
- Kyosho Has You Covered: 3 types of servo horn included for various R/C systems (SANWA / KO / for JR, FUTABA and Hitech)
- Hex Screws: Kit includes all hex screws enough said!
- Weight Balance: Engine position moved 15mm forwards and 5mm to the center compared to the MP777. Also the height has been lowered by 1mm for ideal weight balance.
- Suspension Design: Suspension uses bushing for easy maintenance and rationalizes the setting order.
- Increased Diff Case Capacity: Center differential realizes improved heat dissipating brake disc and increased case capacity for stable control through to the end of the race.
- Optimal Race Settings: Fine tune for the optimal race setting with adjustments to wheelbase, tread, roll center, caster angle, toe angle and camber change.
- 3 Differentials = Real Time 4WD: Features the Inferno's signature shaft-driven 3-differential full time 4WD chassis.
- All made in Japan! Everything from the ground up is made in Japan for the highest level of quality and reliability.
Needed to Complete:
- TKI 3 Kit
- Clear Body
- Wheel Set
- Decal Sheet
- Instruction Manual
- 2-channel, 2-servo R/C System for cars
- 21-class Engine & Tuned Pipe
- Engine starting tools
- Batteries for R/C system
- Tires, Inserts & CA Glue
- Fuel & Fuel Bottle
- Polycarbonate Paint for Body
- Silicone Shock Fluid
- Tools for Assembly
This product was added to our catalog on April 25, 2012.
The kit is not overpriced , I've owned mugen mbx6, xray xb9, and now the kyosho mp9 tki3. No other buggy rolls as good as the kyosho and that's the truth, it drives way different then the mugen and xray, the car is smooth u don't have to drive it hard through the turns it doesn't slow down unless u use the breaks I get better run times and u don't have to throttle the car as much , the mugen and xray u have to onpower steer through turns and the kyosho jus rolls so it doesn't get upset, the shocks are the best part it has more rear traction than any other buggy I've driven. U will end up spendin 300 dollars to get ur car to drive like a kyosho so it ends up being the same. Maybe not as durable as the xray and mugen its close if u break something its ur fault for wreaking.
Hands down the best buggy I have every driven, great steering and well balanced car and super smoth drive train.
this is the best kit ever made...Since 1992 I had my first Kyosho Inferno...Turbo Burns 4WD. And ever since I had the MP6, MP7.5 Kanai Edition, MP777 WC, MP9 TKI2 and now my TKI3. hope kyosho wins the next world champion IFMAR trophy.
Best buggy ever. Best quality and best design. This buggy is very fast and very durable.
I have had about every brand of buggy and have driven the other ones but nothing has the on power steering or feels as balanced on the ground also in the air! I was one of those guys who just didn't think the Kyosho was worth the extra money but I was wrong! The only thing you need really is the 1.3x8 white shock pistons with the Kyosho so you'll spend the same amount buying another buggy most of time upgrading to a race reliable buggy and good on the track. The only two small complaints are the gunmetal finish wear off fast on the shock bodies and you need to drill the chassis under clutch bell or get the Agama mount. I can deal with those issues when I'm winning with the Kyosho! Lol! If your thinking about it get it you'll be glad you did!
Right, Its hard to describe just how good this buggy is and i feel normal description of its quality, ease of setup and numerous other strong points will fall short of a true representation.
Let me use an analogy.
Have you seen Avatar©? You know the scene where the Na'vi mount the Direhorse and connect their neural queue to one of the animal's antennae?
Well, once intertwined, the Na'vi rider can communicate motor commands instantly through the neural interface. The apparent lack of effort makes it seem as if the Direhorse is an extension of the rider's own body. This frees up the Na'vi to use a bow and arrow during a hunt or battle.
This is sort of what its like racing this buggy, there is a connection, a feeling, an understanding.. The more the driver wants to win, the more the buggy wants to help. If the driver is having a bad day, the buggy will take up the slack.
It is a special chemistry rarely experienced in RC, and i think that is what makes this buggy truly special.
I've owned hundreds or rc cars this by fare was the most enjoyable to build and is off the highest quality and has amazing performance no wonder they have 8 world championship titles
The Kyosho mp9 tki3 is the best buggy I have ever owned. It is almost impossible to loose the setup, in other words no matter what you do to the setup the car will still be drivable unlike other 1/8th buggies. The buggy is not high on price for the quality and the upgrades that you get with it (aluminum rear hubs and aluminum spindles) I promise you , you will not be disappointed with this buggy.
just ordered this kit hope it go as good as every body saying it is
Best buggy out there to date, period.
The universals versus the captured CVD axels are a far superior design. Maintenance free! And doesn't trap dirt in the axel shafts like CVD designs. The radio tray on the TKI3 is beautifully designed with hinged battery and receiver compartment lids, solid metal support posts and main radio tray plate. None of the bending, flexing and eventual screw stripping involved like with other kits that mount radio trays with plastic posts. The bearings are very high quality, and the attention to areas of the drivetrain and main chassis in regards to dirt protection and maintaining performance between when you first put it on the track, and at the end of your races is what counts the most.
This is an A+ kit, and you get what you pay for. Better than the Xray, and Mugen for sure. Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise, despite those being good kits in their own right.
I love this buggy,it is my first one and am thanking about get the truggy.it handly really nice on the track,with the right set-up.if I could give it a TEN,i would.i do not care about the price.U pay for what u get.I want the best and I feel I got the best.keep up the good work Kyosho.
I got the TKI3 and it's my 2nd Kyosho I've ever had... The first one was the Kyosho Pegasus back Jr. High, it was the worst car ever... This TKI3 is so easy to drive I feel like I'm cheating, I got 2 races on it and I Love it so far.... Yes, the cost is high but man you have to drive one and then you will know why it cost $900... I can't wait to get my K Truggy...
This is the best buggy that kyosho have made. I had own MP9, TKi2 spec A, and MP5 and now TKi3 and of course I also own xray xb808 and losi 8. By far this buggy tki3 is the best. From the outstanding performance of this buggy u will never regret to own this buggy. I realize some other driver may have concern about the price of this kit, but all the kyosho buggy owner's should already knew that All kyosho is NOT CHEAPEST buggy but the best buggy out in the market.
It is a little over priced but when you get $100 off for black friday its a little better! Thank you AMH.
As for the TKI3 its awesome solid buggy. im a proud owner of one and my ST-RR EVO.
I first purchased the original MP9 TKI in 2008. I did not buy it from A-Main, but upgraded all parts to TKI3 Specs(from A-Main) and I run an Orion Wasp CRF.21 with Orion pipe. This buggy is FAST, and super smooth.My racing buddy has a Mugen (very nice kit, tons of suspension) but the Kyosho is the upper echelon when it comes to 1/8th scale. I've ran Kyosho since the mid 80's and I've always been pleased. When it comes to our hobby, you get what you pay for, and you get used to the feel and/or dependability of certain brands, and Kyosho does have it own feel and is definitely durable.
Victor Manuel Alves Augusto
I can say that Kyosho MP9 TKI3 has been the best buggy in the market, any driver can drive it any way, just put it together from the box and let it go!!
From past experience with Kyosho, they are very good buggies, but not worth $900 for only a roller. Reality check, it does not matter who won the Nationals as the average racer, no matter how good they are not the National driver who gets paid to win. The old theory of win today and sell tomorrow is why it is over priced. Put that same guy in another vehicle and they will do the same, as I have seen it many times.
From several years of experience, there are other options out there that cost less and perform the same or better, so make sure to go buy what is worth it and suits your driving style and not just because some sponsored guy gets paid to win the buggy, at least this year.