- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Novak Pulse Racing Brushless ESC w/Super Tuner
This is the Novak Pulse Racing Brushless ESC with X-Drive and updated Super Tuner Firmware. This pure, sensor-based brushless pro racing ESC is designed to accommodate the high-end demands of any and all heavy-duty 2S LiPo racing applications, from modified touring to open 4x4 SCT. The Pulse is a ground-up firmware re-design to a proven, race-winning hardware platform, for ultra-reliability. The Pulse features Novak’s Super-Tuner™ interface for the fastest set-up changes with the simplest & most adjustable menu system to-date, Xtra-Timing™ that adds the maximum possible timing advance at full-throttle for unbelievable top speeds, and Novak’s X-Drive™ for ultimate performance. Also standard is the most robust built-in 5 Amp BEC on the market, and ultra-duty 12G power wire. The next generation of heavy-duty racing ESCs has arrived, the Novak Pulse. Keep your finger on the pulse of the racing world!
NOTE: Click here for details on the Super Tuner Interface and detailed programming information.
Novak’s Super-Tuner™ Interface
To deliver unmatched performance and usability in the high-end ESC category, Novak engineers developed enhanced, on-board programming to ensure that customizing and tuning the Pulse to your racing style has never been easier. With Novak’s Super-Tuner™ interface, nothing extra is needed, and making changes trackside is a snap! Gone are the days of special boxes, programmers, or lugging expensive laptops to the dusty track. Novak’s Super-Tuner interface features a modern menu system that is accessed with the ESC’s programming button and 5 different-colored LEDs. Multiple parameters are adjustable including Start & Final RPM. These values use a unique table system that covers all usable RPM ranges. Dynamic Timing Advance™ can be adjusted in 1-degree increments, or in 10-degree steps. The tuning options are endless!
Five Customizable Profiles
The Novak-developed Super-Tuner also has 5 throttle profiles that can be tuned individually and saved independently. Never before has ESC customizing and tuning been this robust and so easy to make changes at the track. The Super-Tuner interface allows a driver to set up 5 profiles for different types of classes, or 5 similar profiles to quickly and easily make major changes to the ESC. Each setting can be set up for different conditions and can be changed faster than you can say “Where's my laptop?”. The Pulse comes pre-loaded with factory profiles suited for today’s most popular applications:
- Profile 1: No timing, “blinky mode”, with classic default values that are suited for most conditions.
- Profile 2: No timing, “blinky mode”, with higher minimum brake & drive values for higher-grip conditions.
- Profile 3: Mild timing set-up similar to Profile #1 with timing turned ON and a wide default RPM range.
- Profile 4: Medium timing profile with mild timing settings and a more aggressive RPM range.
- Profile 5: No timing, “blinky mode”, just like Profile #1, but with Reverse turned ON. Great for practice or bashing!
- *NOTE: All Throttle Profiles have Smart-Stop LiPo Voltage Cut-Off Circuitry active by default for safe operation with LiPo battery packs.
For unmatched top speeds & incredible power, Novak engineers took electronic motor timing to a whole new level. Novak's Xtra-Timing™ is the algorithm developed to control the second-level timing that is applied “on top of” the Dynamic Timing Advance when the exact conditions have been met. The Xtra-Timing interface looks at your motor's RPM, how quickly the motor is accelerating, the throttle position, as well as a few other top secret factors to give your motor insane RPM increases. This feature is for experienced experts only!
Timing Tuning Options
The Super-Tuner firmware in the Pulse ESC includes 6 specialized RPM tables for fine-tuning of the Dynamic Timing Advance. Tables include: 1S Racing; 2S Spec Racing; 2S Mod Racing (fine step range); 2S General/SCT Racing (coarse steps & wider range); Open/Speed Run; and a very specialized 10.5T Large Track RPM table. Each table features evenly-spaced RPM steps throughout the range of user-selectable start and final RPMs that are independently chosen to tell the ESC when to turn on the Dynamic Timing Advance.
Equipped with Novak X-Drive
Novak X-Drive™ will provide incredibly smooth throttle response while maintaining an extremely connected and controlled feel. This motor-firing technology has been taking the racing world by storm and is now included in the Pulse. No competition ESC is complete without Novak X-Drive!
You race to win. So why install a controller that’s not up for the challenge? The Pulse uses rugged, high-quality components to ensure your vehicle keeps running pack after pack.
- 12 Gauge Power Wire: The Pulse is factory-wired with 12G silicone battery and motor power wires that are easy to replace for factory-like rewire jobs. These wires don’t just have a 12 printed on them─ they are top-quality, Novak Super-Flex wires.
- Extreme Duty BEC: The Pulse features a first for the racing world─ an ultra-duty 5 amp BEC to ensure your power hungry servos will get what they ask for...Power!
- Full Coverage Heat Sink: Heat sink is cross-cut and makes direct contact with all 18, ultra-low RDS-on, dual-cool power MOSFETs for optimum heat dissipation.
- Heavy-Duty, High-Power PCB: PCB is embedded with thick, pure-copper traces to ensure minimal losses and the best performance. No wimpy PCB for this ESC!
- The Pulse features 12 GA power wires, full coverage heat sink, internal 5A BEC, and an included cooling fan to perform in all heavy duty 2S racing applications
- Designed to Last: A silicone-gasket between the case & PCB protects against dirt, debris, & moisture. The Pulse is built to take the abuse that racing dishes out.
- Low-Voltage Protection: A low-voltage LiPo protection segment monitors the LiPo pack’s voltage thousands of times per second and prevents the pack from ever falling below the critical safety voltage.
- Thermal Protection: The ESC keeps tabs on its core operating temperature and will back down its power to prevent the ESC from overheating.
- On-Board Temperature Diagnostics: With a quick tap of the One-Touch button, multi-colored LEDs will indicate how hot the ESC is for instant temperature information. No external device is needed.
- Error Sensing: The ESC provides additional feedback via multi-colored LEDs, allowing for quicker trouble-shooting.
- Motor Lock-Up Protection: If your drive train or motor becomes bound up or jammed, the ESC will detect this and cut the power to prevent damage.
- Hall Effect Sensor Test: This built-in test allows you to confirm that your motor’s sensors and sensor harness are in good working order.
The Pulse Racing Brushless ESC is compatible with all popular 540 and 550-size sensor-based brushless motors like Novak’s Ballistic 550, Ballistic Racing, Ballistic Spec, and Ballistic High-RPM series. All Novak Ballistic motors feature adjustable timing and interchangeable components for full customization, cleaning, and repairability.
Novak Built and Supported
Novak takes pride in its manufacturing facility in Irvine, California and also with its use of high-quality components, assembly, and testing processes. Every Novak Pulse Racing ESC and Ballistic motor is built and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards, and all are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff and race team. Customers looking for a brushless controller that can tackle any high-power setup with a wide range of tuning options will find the perfect balance with Novak’s next evolution of the modern racing ESC─ the Pulse.
- Full-featured racing ESC ideal for all forms of 1/10th racing from Mod Touring to 4x4 SCT, even 1S set-ups
- Novak Super Tuner™ firmware for quick and complete custom tuning:
- Drive Tuning: Dynamic Timing Advance, RPM (Start/Final/Range), Drive Frequency, & Minimum Drive
- Brake Tuning: Brake Frequency, Drag Brake, and Minimum Brake
- Additional Tuning: Dead Band, Reverse Disable, and LiPo Protection (On/Off)
- 5 profiles that can be independently customized & saved for multiple set-ups and easy trackside changes
- Designed to meet ROAR Sportsman Class Racing specs; includes non-timing racing blinking white LED
- Novak X-Drive™ provides enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures
- NovaBrakes™ provide instantaneous braking under any condition
- Dynamic Timing Advance™ increases the motor’s RPM throughout the throttle band for higher speeds
- 6 specialized RPM tables of Start & Final RPMs for fine-tuning the Dynamic Timing Advance™
- Novak Xtra-Timing™ for 2nd level timing that dramatically increases motor RPM for unmatched power
- Extreme-duty 5A BEC to handle the demands of today's high powered servos
- Auto-detect LiPo battery protection circuitry automatically detects the battery voltage (1S/2S) and reduces the power as needed to protect 2S Lipo batteries from going below their critical safety voltage
- The original, Novak-developed, One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
- Sensor-based system for excellent torque and low-speed drivability
- Water-resistant case with protective silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Cross-cut heat sink for reduced weight & efficient cooling
- Included cooling fan with plug-in connector and hardware
- On-board diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time
- Thermal overload protection circuitry to protect from overheating
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- Gold-plated, direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
- User-replaceable input and switch harnesses, and motor sensor harness
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality and support, and a 120 day warranty
- Designed and manufactured by Team Novak in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All ESCs are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the track!
Input Cells: 1*-2S LiPo / 4-6-cell NiMH (*Receiver battery pack or Novak 1S Booster Module (#5477) recommended)
Size: 1.16x1.47x0.97” (29.5x37.3x24.6mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 1.29 oz. (36.6 gr)
On-Resistance: 0.0004 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
Motor Compatibility: 540-Size: 3.5-turn or higher sensor-based; 550-Size: 4.5-turn or higher sensor-based
BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 5.0 amps
Wire Size: 12G Super-Flex Novak Silicone Wire
Status LEDs: 5, multi-colored, on-board
This product was added to our catalog on November 13, 2012.
Free Shipping! Restrictions Apply