This is a pair of Pro-Line Road Rage 1/8th scale off-road buggy tires in M2 compound. The Road Rage tread is designed for street driving on asphalt and concrete so would be great choice of tire if you plan to run your buggy in the street. These tires also make an excellent break in tire for running in the street when you need to break in a new engine! This tire is only available in M2 compound for long wear.
- Unique tread pattern with shallow depth tread
- Superior traction on asphalt or concrete
- Durable, long-lasting Closed Cell inserts included
- Made from M2 (Medium) compound
- Road Rage tires (2 pcs)
- Closed Cell inserts (2 pcs)
This product was added to our catalog on May 19, 2005.
Long lasting & amazing tires, if you plan to run your buggy on streets this is the ONLY right choice!
I bought two pair for my 1/8 buggy.
- All tyres had deformities where the rubber would have been injected into the mould. This made glueing and balancing harder than it should be.
- Tyres are incredibly soft. Almost like they are partly silicone. This negatively affects handling, grip and tyre life.
- Tyre beads were covered in blue dust from the inserts. They needed to be thoroughly cleaned before glueing.
- The tyres are directional so you need to pay attention to which direction you are glueing the tyre. They are not labelled directional.
- 5 minutes into first use on 4s one front tyre started to split down the seam. These tyres are now useless. I purchased a new set of rims specifically for these tyres which means they are also useless. This was a waste of time and money and because they are used I will have no chance of getting a refund from Amain. I am now at a significant financial loss.
I don't recommend these tyres. I expected much more from proline. The quality of the product post production is poor.