ProTek R/C Ceramic 5x8x2.5mm Dual Sealed "Speed" Ball Bearings (2)
This is a pack of two ceramic 5x8x2.5mm dual sealed "Speed" ball bearings. ProTek R/C "Speed" bearings are high performance ceramic ball bearings designed for the R/C racing enthusiast.
Our ProTek Ceramic Bearings are a
hybrid type, featuring Chrome Steel inner and outer races, with Si3N4
silicone nitride ceramic balls. Ceramic bearings have many advantages
over standard steel bearings, such as decreased weight, higher RPM
capabilities, increased corrosion and wear resistance, as well as
reduced friction and vibration.
So next time you purchase bearings, when you ask yourself "Why should I buy Ceramic?" You should be asking yourself "Why shouldn't I?"
Advantages of Ceramic:
- High Speed: Hybrid bearings can reach a resistance level of 1,200,000dN with grease lubrication, due to reduced slip, wear extent and heat productivity.
- Lightweight: The weight of ceramics is 60% lighter than steel, which decreases the centrifugal force and the overall bearing weight.
- Long Service Life: The service life of hybrid bearings is 3 to 5 times longer than that of steel bearings in comparable working conditions.
- Self Lubricating: Even when poorly lubricated or with no lubrication, ceramic bearings will continue to function longer than steel bearings under the same level of stress due to their self lubricating properties.
- Corrosion Resistance: Hybrid bearings have excellent corrosion resistance, and will continue to function while corroded.
- High Rigidity: The elastic ration of ceramics is 1.5 times greater than that of bearing steel, this dramatically increases the rigidity of the bearing.
- Low Friction: Ceramic materials have a low friction force. Even under the conditions of boundary lubrication, the surfaces are extremely smooth, so its friction force is low and the rotational friction moment is low.
- Wear Resistant: The micro-hardness of ceramics can reach a Vickers Hardness level of HV1700 kg/mm2, which dramatically increases the wear-resistance.
ProTek R/C is an A Main Hobbies brand.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday, December 18, 2008.
- Caster Racing S10B
- Caster Racing S10B RTR
- GMade R1
- HoBao Hyper 10 SC
- Hot Bodies R10
- Hot Bodies TCX
- Kyosho Scorpion XXL
- Kyosho Ultima DB
- Kyosho Ultima RB5
- Kyosho Ultima RB6
- Kyosho Ultima RT5
- Kyosho Ultima SC
- Losi 22
- Losi 22 2.0
- Losi 22SCT
- Losi 810
- Losi TEN-SCTE
- Losi TEN-SCTE 2.0
- Losi TEN-T
- Mugen Seiki MRX5 WC
- Schumacher CAT K1
- Serpent 747
- Serpent 966
- Serpent S811 Cobra
- Serpent S811 Cobra GT
- Serpent S811 Cobra T
- Team Magic E4D Drift Spec
- Team Magic E4D MF Pro
- Team Magic E4RSII Touring Car
- Team Magic G4D Touring (Drift Spec)
- Team Magic G4JR Touring Car
- XRAY RX8
- XRAY T4