- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Schumacher Racing Mi5 Pro 1/10 Electric Competition Touring Car Kit
This is the Schumacher Mi5 Pro 1/10 Scale Electric Competition Touring Car Kit. The Mi5 from Schumacher lifts the R/C touring car scene to a whole new dimension. This superbly engineered race car is equipped with some revolutionary design features that enable the racer total flexibility for both carpet and asphalt tracks.
The Mi5 has an ultra low center of gravity which gives the car fantastic corner speed capability. Combined with the radical vertical top deck the Mi5 achieves both a responsive and nimble feel, yet is forgiving and consistent to drive.
The major highlights of the package include, the first Schumacher designed touring car geared differential, fully in-line mounted motor and servo, lightweight low center of gravity Carbon Fiber wishbones, perfect Ackerman steering rack and micro castor pivot system.
The Mi5 chassis offers excellent balance and poise, with an extremely wide window of set up, enabling drivers of all levels to easily achieve the best results from the car.
- Chassis: The Mi5 offers class leading flex technology. One of the key design features the Schumacher R&D team wanted to incorporate was the longest uninterrupted flex possible. This has now been achieved with a hugely long top deck from center of diff to center of diff. The top deck is mounted vertically for perfect flex characteristics. It is free to flex without interruption and not sheer flex like most other touring car designs.
- Motor Mount: The motor mount is mounted directly to the center line of the chassis. Underneath the mount there is a small gap so to not affect the symmetrical nature of the chassis flex.
- Micro Caster Block: The Mi5 offers innovative design. The mew micro caster block is lighter than traditional designs and allows the hub to run on bearings for a super smooth and precise steering action with no binding.
- Carbon Fiber Wishbones: The Mi5 offers full future proof adjustability. Just like the hubs by using carbon fiber pieces for the wishbones the Mi5 can be tuned easily, rear toe in is adjusted by changing the carbon fiber wishbone piece. The carbon fiber wishbone also allows the shock to be mounted 5.5mm below the center line lowering the center of gravity considerably as the shock tower can then become lower.
- Easy Roll Bar Tweak Adjustment: The Mi5 is so easy to use! The new roll bar mounting systems makes tweaking the roll bar so it is equal each side very easy. Just adjust with a 2mm driver.
- Double Sealed Differential: The Mi5 includes as standard for the first time in a Schumacher kit an all new gear diff. Precision manufactured to the highest quality with double sealed casing for less oil leakage.
- Spool: Lightweight spool machined to the minimum for super light weight.
- Mid Motor: With the addition of two Speed Secret belts the Mi5 can be turned into a mid motored touring car. Using a mid motor gives more rear end traction and better rotation on tight hairpins on carpet circuits. For those that race in the rain it could also be a great tuning aid.
- Vertically mounted, ultra long top deck offers super linear flex characteristics
- Lightweight carbon fiber wishbones for optimum stiffness
- Simple pivot ball system for wishbone mounting and easy roll center adjustment
- Single piece motor/layshaft mount, centrally mounted to the chassis for perfect flex control
- Simple 3 point mounted ball raced steering rack for super smooth linear steering
- Single piece, centrally mounted, alloy/CF CNC servo and steering mount, for maximum stiffness in the steering system, and minimal impact on chassis flex
- Micro 4 deg caster pivot gives super low center of gravity and super smooth ball raced steering action with optional 6° available
- Below arm shock mounting gives a low center of gravity shock whilst keeping the same shock travel
- Chassis mounted droop screws for decreased unsprung weight
- Schumacher lightweight gear diff
- Ultra lightweight front spool
- Shape lightweight foam bumper and chassis mounted moldings
- Anti roll bars in 0.1mm increments
- Optional servo saver
- LiPo retention moldings
- Ball joint design for 2.0mm hex drivers
- Ball cup design with adjustment hole
- 2 piece shock cap, for easier shock build
- Precision matched shock springs
- Optional Mid Motor conversion available, for extra high agility handling
- Aerospace carbon fiber 2.5mm soft weave chassis and components throughout
- Extreme lightweight alloy transmission housings
- CNC alloy, 20 tooth layshaft pulley
- Single sided layshaft mounting with quick release layshaft design for ease of maintenance
- Stiff 3mm shock towers with optimized shock positions
- Carbon fiber upper link design with options to adjust roll centers
- Anti-roll bar mounts with precise venire adjustment to minimize play
- “O” ring retained alloy wheel hexes
- Fully adjustable, suspension geometry, wheelbase, caster, camber, roll center, ackerman, droop, anti-dive, anti-squat, front toe in/out, ride height and much more
- Efficient transmission with twin bando belts and precision CNC pulleys
- Alloy eccentric adjusters for optimum belt tension
- Quick release front and rear entry diffs to leave chassis structure intact when removing diffs for maintenance
- Ultra smooth nickel-teflon plated threaded alloy shock absorbers for extreme smoothness and durability
- Dedicated front & rear, reverse cup, high tensile steel, CVD driveshafts
- Differential and spool plastic insert “sliders”. Offer a lightweight, efficient driveshaft interface
- Speed secret parts available to fine tune to all track conditions
- Adjustable front steering hubs with optional carbon fiber parts
- Adjustable rear hub carriers with optional carbon fiber parts
- Black alloy M3 nuts
- Lightweight black alloy washers throughout
- Alloy front kingpins
- Front to rear, 3 position, cell LiPo adjustment for fine tuning weight distribution
- Quick release alloy layshaft fence for quick release diff and belt removal
- Top adjustable lightweight roll bar sockets and links
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- Electronic Speed Control
- 540 Motor & Pinion Gear
- Steering Servo
- LiPo Battery Pack
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Touring Car Tires & Wheels
- Polycarbonate Paint (for body)
This product was added to our catalog on May 24, 2013.
Free Shipping! Restrictions Apply