- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Serpent 747 200mm 1/10 Scale 4WD Touring Car Kit
This is the Serpent 747 200mm 1/10 Scale 4WD Nitro Touring Car Kit. Serpent team drivers from around the world have been testing a redesigned 200mm 1/10 scale touring car with the main goal of achieving a wider and lower weighted chassis "sweet spot" while maintaining a strong and durable race car. The Serpent 747 is the result. Lighter and loaded with many improvements and updated features, the Serpent 747 may look similar to the 733-TE at first glance, but in reality around 50% of the 747 has been redesigned.
- 3mm chassis with symmetrical machining with more options to customize flex and weight-inserts
- Flex-control front system with redesigned radio plate; the 747 keeps the rear flex control system with aluminum, rubber or no connectors at all
- Lighter gear differential with a redesigned case and gears using a 3.5mm shaft
- Wider and lower front bumper with the option to cut out parts to influence aerodynamics
- Lighter front and rear brackets and middle shaft holder
- Improved front geometry with redesigned upper wishbones
- Improved rear geometry with redesigned arms and uprights
- Lighter receiver and servo holders below the redesigned carbon fiber radio tray
- Lighter brake-disk
- True Motion Centax clutch and light SL6 gearbox
- RCM shock absorbers with membrane
- Chassis: Symmetrical chassis plate for even flex and torsion, in 7075-T6 aluminum, anodized and laser engraved; chamfered edges for more ground clearance when cornering and countersunk holes; central slots to mount weights which slide into position to be secured.
- Radio Plate: The 2mm carbon fiber radio plate has multiple functions; it holds the fuel tank in place which mounts on three aluminum posts on rubber; on the right hand side the receiver mounts to a nicely shaped carbon fiber plate that connects to the radio tray squeezed in right between the belt and the tank; the throttle and brake servo mount directly to the radio plate with nylon spacers and the steering servo is rigidly mounted on aluminum posts to the radio plate.
- Front Flex System: The front section of the radio plate incorporates a flex-control system. You can either run the 747 with foxes front end, or you can loosen or take out some of the front upper radio plate screws, and control the flex with the two top mounted linkages.
- Battery-Holder: Carbon fiber battery-holder positioned between the tank and pipe, for the best weight balance. The battery is easy to strap down with tape to the bracket.
- Fuel Tank: The durable 75ccm nylon fuel tank constructed from transparent material to easily see fuel volume. Large spring loaded quick-fill sealed cap with large tank opening for fast and easy refills. The bronze sintered filter will keep fuel clean and make sure the tank will empty till the last drop if needed. The fuel tank has some small walls inside to stabilize the fuel and direct it towards the filter. Specially made inserts can be mounted inside to reduce contents as needed. The fuel tank sits very low in the car for a low center of gravity; mounted with clips on three aluminum posts with rubber buffers.
- RCM Shocks: Hard Teflon coated threaded shock bodies in high quality aluminum; super smooth o-ring and bushing package to guide and seal the spring-steel piston rods; precision molded pistons included in three types; threaded pre-load shock aluminum nuts with o-rings inside; light but strong nylon spring-cups; tight fitting ball-joints on the top and bottom.
- Front Bumper: Redesigned lower front bumper with aerodynamic effects and better protection. Some parts of the lower bumper can be cut open to create more steering. The upper bumper and body mount holder connect to the lower piece to create a strong structure to absorb crashes. The foam elements (normal or large) can still be placed but are optional.
- Front Shock Tower: 3.0mm carbon fiber shock towers with three positions for upper shock mounting. In the center you can mount the third body post as needed.
- Front Brackets: All crafty machined and grey anodized parts. The open style design allows for very fast parts exchange as needed, like belt, diff or anti-roll bar. A compact and super light structure of top quality aluminum parts make up the top-brackets, L and R equal bearing brackets, lower suspension brackets and anti-roll bar holder.
- Suspension Front: Featuring strong long double a-arm suspension with aluminum pivot balls which pivot in light nylon cups. Medium hard nylon used for the arms allowing some flex to increase grip, and make the arms more durable. The arms pivot on the inside on spring steel pins. The pivot-inserts are used to change roll center. Small grub screws mount in the upper bracket to control down stop. Easy to access and change ride height, front width, toe-in, caster and camber can be found.
- Steering Blocks/Wheel Axles/CVD: Featuring very strong nylon steering blocks with two ackermann positions, the spring-steel wheel axles are seated in high speed bearings. The light and durable spring-steel cvdís bring all the power to the front wheels. Wheels are mounted to orange anodized high grade aluminum hex adapters using serrated wheel nuts.
- Anti-Roll Bar Front: The ball raced wire type anti-roll bar in the front is easy to access and change for other types or thickness as needed. The anti-roll bar is linked to the lower a-arms with a unique pivot ball/cup system which provides direct and smooth operation and is easy to set.
- Servo-Saver / Steering: The centrally mounted steel servo-saver post fits the spring-loaded ball raced servo-saver system and steering. The inserts allow two ackermann settings. Due to the open design the linkages with L/R threading can be reached easily. The whole system allows for very precise steering and minimum bump steer.
- Middle Shaft Holder: Machined two piece aluminum middle shaft holder, which securely holds the spring steel middle shaft, and doubles up as holder for the pipe-mount.
- Rear Brackets: Featuring a very open rear end design with a composition of eight machined aluminum brackets that allow for a more controlled flex and with the ease of maintenance, the differential brackets, L and R equal, are toothed and seat the excenter bearing holder, which allow for setting belt tension. Itís very quick and easy to mount a differential and or replace a belt.
- Gearbox Holders: The 2-speed gearbox shaft holders, double up as anti-roll mounts, and brake system basis. The holders can be connected to the upper rear brackets in case less flex is needed. Optional rubber or aluminum inserts are available. All top quality machined parts with anodizing and laser-engraving.
- Brake System: The low mounted light weight brake system allows for smooth and even braking, and the open system avoids overheating. The ball-raced excenter and lever gives a very smooth and direct brake-feeling. The machined aluminum lower suspension brackets have roll-center inserts with three positions to choose from. The rear bracket is the V1 version, which is narrower than the one used on the 733, to achieve the updated geometry together with the near lower arms and uprights.
- Rear Carbon Shock Tower and Camber Bracket: The 3.0mm carbon shock tower has three upper mounting positions for the shocks and also mounts the body-posts. The camber bracket offers eight positions to choose from, four inner and four out holes.
- Suspension Rear: The redesigned lower rear arms, with the redesigned uprights, create the updated geometry in the rear, to create a wider set-up sweet-spot with more grip and more steering. The upper camber rods connect to the carbon camber bracket with eight mounting positions for roll-center, and the camber rod is easy to access and has L/R threading for fast changes. The aluminum pivot ball system allows for fast changes in width and toe-in. On the lower inside the wishbone pivots on spring steel pins, which seat with roll-center inserts in the anodized aluminum suspension brackets.
- Lower Rear Wishbones: The composite lower wishbones feature a mounting position for the anti-roll bar linkage bracket in carbon, which moves the link position more outside and higher; this offers a mounting position for an optional carbon shock-mount bracket, to move the lower shock mount position further out, but for the default set-up itís not needed. By placing the lower shock further out, you will get even more steering.
- Uprights / Wheel-Axles: Durable medium type nylon uprights are used, which seat the wheel-axles bearings. The upright offers the mounting position for the steel camber-rod with L/R threading. The durable spring steel wheel axles bring the power from the gear-differentials to the wheels. Wheels are fitted on high grade anodized aluminum wheel hex adapters and secured with serrated flanged wheel nuts.
- Anti-Roll Bar Rear: The ball raced wire type anti-roll bar in the rear is really easy to access from the top and swap out as needed. The anti-roll bar is linked to the lower a-arms with a steel rod. The lower arms offer two mounting positions to choose from.
- Gear-Differentials: The gear differentials are compact, durable and light weight. Featuring precision molded steel gears; two small and two large gears with a steel internal shaft. The very durable and light spring steel lightened differential-adapters connect to the drive shafts. The gear differential is the same front and rear.
- CVD Drive Shafts: Spring steel, light and very durable CVDís used in the front with precision mounted hard steel pins.
- Drive-Shafts: Spring steel, light and very durable dogbones used in the rear with precision mounted hard steel pins
- Pullies: Light and durable precision molded super-true pullies, featuring holes in the sidewalls to let debris escape freely.
- Belts: Smooth and long lasting Kevlar reinforced belts with a fine pitch are used.
- Belt-Tensioner: Machined from aluminum, the belt-tensioner can mount above or below the radio plate.
- Gear-Box SL6: The well proven SL6 gearbox is standard in the 747. Extremely light and compact, with very low rotating mass, with durable and long lasting gears, high quality bearings and very grippy spring loaded 2-speed clutch shoes.
- True Motion Centax Clutch: Serpent invented the Centax clutch in the mid Ď90ís and all brands followed it. Small improvements are found to make the original system even better. The True Motion Centax has a flat flywheel, and the taper part on the pressure plate. This allows the flyweights to work even better. The hard anodized aluminum flywheel has four holes for easy access keeping the flywheel in position when setting the pre-tension. The flyweights are made of top quality Teflon and feature an additional hole to use grub screws to make them heavier. The red friction clutch shoes are very grippy, and work excellent with the steel clutch housing. The hard anodized gears screw on to the threaded steel bell.
- Engine Mount: The machined and anodized monotype engine mount has cooling ribs on the sides and stiffens the chassis as well. The mount perfectly seats the engine, well aligned with the gearbox. Small adjustment can be made to move the engine closer to the gearbox.
- Manual: The 747 comes with a full color assembly manual, with easy to follow assembly steps. The manual also includes an exploded view section showing all part numbers, and a full parts-list, showing also all optional parts for the 747.
- Decals: The 747 includes one sheet with Serpent generic logos and one with 747 logos. Decals are very fine and thin material and come pre-cut.
- Packing: The 747 comes in a strong, small carton box with nice graphics. The packing of the bags follows the steps in the manual.
Class: 200mm 1/10th Scale
Chassis: 3mm aluminum, 7075 aerospace quality, CNC machined
Fuel tank: 75cc design
Drive system: 4wd through Kevlar reinforced timing belts
Suspension: Independent double wishbone
Weight: 1.595kg (depending on radio gear)
Instructions: Full color instruction manual and reference guide
Needed to Complete:
- Surface radio and receiver
- Receiver battery pack and charger
- Engine, pipe and starter system
- Wheels and Tires
- Body, wing and polycarbonate paint
This product was added to our catalog on May 25, 2012.