- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Serpent S100 Link 1/10 Pan Car Kit
This is the Serpent S100 Link 1/10 Scale Electric Pan Car Kit. The S100 Link is the 1/10 World GT version of the successful S120 1/12 scale pan-car in Link-Tube format. This high performance 1/10 scale pan chassis features nicely machined carbon fiber and aluminum parts, as well as a fully adjustable front end that creates loads of steering. The spring loaded Link system, in combination with diagonal positioned main shock and tubes left and right, control the roll of the car. The well balanced chassis offers wide selection of set-up features and options to dial the car in best for any track.
- Serpent S100 Link-Tube: The S100 Link chassis consists of 3 main elements: the 2.5mm thick carbon fiber chassis plate, the top-deck and the rear aluminum motor pod. The chassis uses a Link-system, and is damped using a conventional centrally mounted shock absorber together with a tube-system filled with oil. The front end of the car is completely adjustable and utilizes the now standard fixed lower suspension arms combined with active top wishbones, which together with kingpin mounted springs ensure that the car is able to corner at high speeds and soak up any small bumps found on the racing surface.
- S100 Front End: The front end of the car features 11 different adjustments to help you get the most from your car, all of which are easy to adjust and measure. Fixed lower suspension arms are themselves damped by the central strut which uses rubber o-rings to take up the flex in this area, while the grey anodized aluminum front upper wishbone mounts are available in different caster angles, the car being supplied with 6 degree versions as standard. With the steering block kingpins spring loaded, the cornering forces are channeled through the upper wishbone, which enable the car to corner at high speeds.
- Tube System: The S100-LT uses the same tube-system as on the S120-LT. Precision machined aluminum coated tubes connected with small ball-links. This system plays a big part in how the car turns into a corner which can be adjusted through the use of different oils.
- Central Section: The spring loaded side-bars and the links are made of composite nylon and control the roll of the chassis, together with the lateral damper and the main central shock. Precision made springs and pivot balls.The central section is a combination of elements to control the movements of the rear end perfectly create the best possible handling (roll, bump and alignment) under all grip-conditions.
- A central main shock, based on the famous Serpent RCC technology; the shocktower enables various angles.
- The laid down mono-shock, with through type shock-rod, and excellent dampening charateristics
- 2 spring loaded shaped side bars
- The tube system
- Body Post: For securely mounting the body shell to your S100 Link, the car has strong plastic body posts front and rear. All four posts are supplied with orange anodized adjustable collars to precisely adjust the body's height and the posts are supplied extra long to allow the user to cut them to their own preferred length. The front body posts have also been designed to help protect the front of the carbon chassis from splitting in the event of a heavy front impact.
- Battery Mounts: On the S100 WGT Link, the Lipo's can be mounted in different positions by simply changing the composite battery insert mounting position, perfect for adjusting the cars weight distribution.
- Servo Saver: The S100 WGT comes supplied with a high quality miniature servo saver, which through the use of orange anodized shims, has adjustable Ackerman.
- The kit includes 3 aluminum servo posts to select from, which enable perfectly centered mounting of any popular brand servo.
- Rear Axle Mounts: The lightweight graphite rear axle is mounted on bearings that sit within eccentric composite inserts that allows the user the ability to quickly and easily change the rear ride height of the car simply by changing between inserts. The kit comes supplied with all 9 inserts which range between 0 and 4mm, each differing by 0.5mm and all are reversible for an even wider range of adjustment.
- Rear Ball Differential: The S100 Link comes supplied with a durable and high performance ball differential. Easily adjusted by a plastic nut, accessible through the right rear wheel, the diff uses high quality steel balls and plates and is supplied with both suitable silicone and graphite grease for use during assembly and maintenance. The newly designed rear diff features improved hardened D-plates and carbon shaft assembly for super smooth diff action.
- Central Shock Absorber: To aid rear traction under acceleration and to absorb bumps, the S100 Link sports a centrally mounted shock absorber. Supplied with a soft spring, the pre load of which can be adjusted, the front mount of this shock absorber is used for adjusting the rear down stop and range of movement between the chassis and motor pod. The central shock is mounted on a carbon-aluminum shock-tower with a number of positions to choose from.
- Rear Motor-pod; Chassis: The strong basis is formed by the 2.5mm thick carbon fiber chassis plate with pockets to allow for a 1S Lipo pack or a 2S lipo-pack, with supports enabling a forward or backward battery position, and enough space for all the valuable electronics. The newly designed motor-pod is a beautiful combination of high quality machined aluminum brackets and top quality carbon fiber parts, bolted together to create an ultra stiff rear pod. The motor-bracket allows the brushless motor to be mounted in the optimal position for car balance and offers good heat dissipation as well.
- Packaging & Manual: The S100 Link is sold in a very compact black box. To allow you to build your car with the greatest of ease, Serpent supplies a full color instruction manual and integrated reference guide section that contains all the exploded views and latest options. The S100 link also comes supplied with a pair of decal sheets in black and white. The manual is also available to download as a PDF in the 'Downloads' section of the Serpent website.
Needed to Complete:
- 2-Channel Surface Radio System
- Steering Servo
- Electronic Speed Control & 540 Motor
- 2S LiPo Battery Pack
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Body & Polycarbonate Paint
- Tires & Wheels
This product was added to our catalog on April 24, 2013.