- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Speed Passion 1/8th Scale Brushless Conversion Kit (Savage)
With your purchase, receive at no cost:
This is the Speed Passion 1/8th Scale Brushless Conversion kit for the HPI Savage Monster Truck. Take your Savage to the next level with brushless power! This kit features a CNC machined Motor Mount, Motor Plate, as well as two battery boxes and all necessary mounting hardware.
Nitro or Brushless? It's Simple!
Nitro or Brushless? It's Simple!
- Better Performance: Brushless motor systems provide extraordinary throttle response and controllibility, increased acceleration and instantaneous torque. This translates to better control and makes clearing jumps easier. Brushless motors also operate consistently in varying weather conditions, so you donít have to be a tuning expert.
- Lower Center of Gravity: Electric conversion provides a lower center of gravity for more agile and nimble handling.
- Less Maintenance: Brushless systems are virtually maintenance-free. No engines to tune or rebuild and no spilled nitro fuel to clean up, so more time can be spent behind the wheel.
- Cleaner Environment: Brushless motors are cleaner to run than nitro-powered vehicles and are healthier for indoor racing.
- Quieter: Brushless-powered cars are quieter than nitro-powered vehicles and will allow 1/8-scale vehicles to run where noise restrictions are imposed.
This product was added to our catalog on February 26, 2009.
I don't think Speed Passion could have made this conversion any worse if they tried. Battery Trays don't line up to the chassis, no esc mounting plate, Motor mount does not accept cans over 36mm and when you do manage to get it bolted up, the mount holes are not threaded so adjusting gear mesh involves dismantling half the rear of the chassis to get at some poorly designed 4mm lock nuts which are holding it all together.
Quite a bit of your own work will be required as the other review says. Mamba/Tekin motor will not fit, but you can redrill holes and run the larger motor off center with no problem. Munt plate will bend if you run it on 6s. Battery trays don't fit and will require new holes/washers etc... The battery holder crossbraces broke just from putting them on. I've thrown batteries a few times. It is what is is...50 bucks for a couple pieces of almost useful hardware. Ive since re-enforced the motor mount, and run velcro around the outside of the trays to hold onto the batteries. It seems to be holding together well. If I hadn'talready replaced both differentials with the heavy duty versions I would have just sprung for the HPI conversion kit. If you get this you can definately make it work, its just going to take a little love.
Ok I finished The the Kit and heres what I need to finish. 1st Drill new holes for your battery trays to move them up out of the way also you need Big washers and hard ware for the trays the plastic feels kinda weak so use big washers or the bolts will pull through. 2nd Don't use the motor plate chassis bolts there V shaped and the the chassis is flat aluminum, You need Flat Bolts to get max contact to your chassis. 3rd You will have to drill or Dremmal out the C/C motor plate the holes dont line up so you have to drill one side to get the motor to mount. 4th After all that your gear space is VERY limited. I have a 47/11 and its mesh is perfect in the furthest you have. So you CANT run any larger then 47 spur 11 Pinion. That sucks. 5th SPEED PASSION IS ON SOME GOOD STUFF SELLING THIS LIKE THIS... This is the only conversion kit I have found, and after about 8 hours of messing around it seams like it will work. But the gear issue is pretty BAD. You can buy a Savage Flux Spur for 30 bones that's a 43 tooth and that will allow more space to change your Pinion. Another expense to add to the cost. Update.... The 1st time I ran on a small 3s lipo pack the motor mount was so weak it bent and destroyed my brand new pinion gear. Now the mount is bent and im back to the drawing board to figure out how to hold my motor stable I might have to make my own mount. What a waste of money this is and ill be calling speed passion to see what they have to say about this conversion mess. Eh guess you live and learn.
Free Shipping! Restrictions Apply
Low Price: $93.99
Pre-Order Now!You may pre-order this item, you will be notified when it arrives in stock.
This item earns up to 94 Customer Reward points Learn More