This is the Team Associated RC8.2e Factory Team 4WD 1/8 Buggy Kit. Team Associated has taken all of the refinements from the RC8.2 and have applied them to our electric-power platform—creating the RC8.2e Factory Team Kit! The RC8.2e has already been proven as a winner after TQing and winning the 2011 Sidewinder Nitro Explosion in the capable hands of Ryan Cavalieri.
The RC8.2e Factory Team Kit has a long list of new performance parts, making for the best and lightest Associated EP 1:8 scale buggy to date. The RC8.2e starts with the Factory Team +3mm 7075 hard anodized chassis. The new chassis and side-guards shed over half an ounce along with adding 3mm of length to optimize weight distribution and overall handling.
The RC8.2e Factory Team Kit also received the newly designed suspension arms featuring centerline shock mounts and an optimized anti-roll bar position. The new suspension arms were designed to work with the Factory Team 5mm 7075 aluminum low-center-of-gravity shock towers to improve and optimize the suspension geometry, making the RC8.2e more plush and forgiving in rougher terrain.
The RC8.2e Factory Team Kit includes the 16mm Big Bore hard-anodized threaded shocks with 4mm titanium nitride coated shafts and revised shock boots, all to help increase traction and keep the rubber on the ground. The RC8.2e Factory Team Kit also proves to be an exceptional value, including many Factory Team parts that were previously only available as separately purchased upgrades.
Take your electric-powered 1:8 scale buggy game to the next level with the new RC8.2e Factory Team Kit, and drive what the winners drive!
RC8.2e Factory Team Kit Features:
- Factory Team blue aluminum sliding motor mount
- Factory Team 3mm lengthened 7075 hard-anodized chassis
- New suspension arms feature centerline shock mounts and optimized anti-roll bar position
- Factory Team 16mm Big Bore hard-anodized threaded shocks with 4mm titanium-nitride coated shafts
- Factory Team 5mm 7075 aluminum low-center-of-gravity shock towers with optimized geometry
- Factory Team 7075 blue aluminum suspension mounts
- Factory Team 7075 blue aluminum steering knuckles
- Factory Team 7075 aluminum axles and center drives
- Factory Team 7075 blue aluminum one-piece top plate
- Factory Team lightweight ring gears
- Factory Team lightweight diff outdrives
- Factory Team aluminum steering posts
- CVA boots on center and rear drive joints
- New low-center-of-gravity wing mount
- JConcepts Punisher Body and Illuzion wing included
- Molded composite radio tray
- Molded composite front and rear chassis braces
- Tough steel-alloy shock standoffs
- Factory Team 83mm “big” wheels included
- Caster blocks adjust 14, 16, or 18 degrees with molded inserts
- 3.5mm light CVA drivetrain with full ball bearings
- Factory Team shock and differential fluids included
Weight: 3570g (Weight will vary depending on the equipment used to finish the kit)
Internal Gear Ratio: 4.30:1
Needed to Complete:
- 2 channel radio/transmitter & Transmitter batteries
- 1/8 Scale Specific Speed Control, Motor, and pinion (see motor manufacturer’s gearing recommendations for correct pinion size)
- 4S LiPo Battery
- Plug Extension (depending on ESC)
- High Torque Steering Servo
- 1/8th scale buggy tires & CA glue
- Polycarbonate paint for body
This product was added to our catalog on November 23, 2011.
I have owned this for a couple weeks now. The build went very smoothly. Today was my first day at the track with it and it did great. It glides straight through the air with minimal adjustment. It turns on a dime. I had other people coming over to my table and giving me compliments on how well it was doing on the track. I am running a Tekin Rx8 2050kv with 18 tooth pinion and a Hitec 7955tg servo.
What an amazing buggy. I wasn't sure about the width of the chassis at first, but this thing is amazing on the track. I just switched from an Eight e, and there is no comparison. Two sessions on the track with this buggy, and some minor adjustments and I am already placing in A Main(s). Awesome product. Would recommend to anyone.
I just finished building my RC8.2e. Build went okay, but I had a few issues. First was parts quality. My rear diff would not turn smoothly in the gearbox. I re-shimmed it every way possible and no go. I finally figured out that the gearbox itself was warped. A new part instantly fixed it. I also noticed that the steering rack would not turn all that smoothly. I think I may have some warped uprights that are causing the front hubs to bind. The next obstacle I ran into was the manual itself. Shimming the diffs is a bit confusing. The picture shows three shims, but you only get two. The out drives caused me to scratch my head. You get three sets of identical out drives, but the instructions show two distinct types, the front/rear and center. Somewhere along the line they went with some new universal diffs, so some addendum in the manual would have been nice. The good news is that they are all LW drives. Fortunately, the good stuff outweighs the bad. The kit comes with all the turnbuckles already assembled which is terrific. The shocks are of outstanding quality. Easiest to build shocks I have ever had. The diffs are also great and are butter smooth. I also give an A+ to the motor mount. Overall, this kit is a major improvement in quality/design over the old RC8 (which I was not a fan of).
I have not yet run this buggy on the track yet. Waiting on some electronics. Will update my review after I run it.
This is one quick buggy! it was my first 1/8th buggy and its AMAZING! i ran it stock out of the box minus tires and i had people running 8ights, xrays, and even serpent cobras wondering what i did to the thing to make it handle so good. I ran it with a Tekin T8 1900kv/RX8 with a savox 1256tg and it rips. ive had 0 durabilty ishues with it at all and the build went smooth minus a leaky center diff but that was fixed by a home made gasket. BEST EBUGGY
Ran this buggy all last year with very little wear. It fast right out of the box. Looking forward to a second season with the same buggy. Must be a record for me.
The Rc8.2e is a great improvement over the rc8be. It handles much better over the rough stuff and is more forgiving.
Top notch e buggy.. very fast very durable and the easiest build possible..don't let people tell u this is just a basher this buggy will keep up with n e thing on the track on the market. Team associated or go home!!!
The best chassis 8 buggy! I am more than a year enjoy the quality of this brand! Other chassis are also good, but this is special, every time examining it for revision, have fun. Quality family bearing the mark! I'm waiting for the next update, but it will not sell because it is dear to me and enjoyable for the memories! Motor Tenshok 802V2 + Hobbywing 150A + Savox1258 + Sanva MT-4 + Turnigy 5600 (50-100C)
You get more buggy for your money you got almost the hop-ups ,Do not
know about durabilty compare to Losi though..but one of
the fastest e-buggy out there..
Awesome! Fun build, tons of info on web and a solid company. Got a black tub Rc10gt , still can get any part i need. First 1/8 scale after a couple years of trolling and dreaming. Your gonna end up spending some rent but wow next level worth it.