This is the Team Associated RC8T Nitro Factory Team Championship Edition Kit. After TQ’ing all four rounds of qualifying, Team Associated’s RC8T Factory Team kit took first place at the 2009 ROAR Nationals! Driven by Ryan Maifield and powered by the Reedy 121VR .21 competition engine, the RC8T performed as it was designed to and brought home the big win!
Inspired by this achievement, Associated is proud to introduce the RC8T Factory Team Championship Edition Kit. The RC8T CE kit has added many new features to the original RC8T that make it an even more potent race machine. Improved strength, durability, rough track handling and overall performance are all qualities built into the RC8T CE making it the most competitive Team Associated truggy to date.
RC8T Factory Team Championship Edition Kit Features:
- Pre-assembled shocks, diffs and turnbuckles with Factory Team shock and diff fluids included.
- Factory Team 16mm "Big Bore" threaded, hard-anodized shocks feature heavy-duty 4mm TiN coated stainless steel shock shafts for durability and reduced stiction.
- Updated 5mm 7075 blue aluminum shock towers with additional rear camber link options.
- Revised front upper camber link assembly allows for easier adjustments and maintenance.
- 7075 blue aluminum suspension mounts key into chassis for maximum durability.
- Molded bushings allow for easy adjustment of caster, rear toe-in, rear anti-squat, and front kick-up.
- Updated steering geometry for more consistency and reduced bump-steer.
- Molded composite radio tray includes optional forward placement battery box for increased corner speed.
- Molded composite front and rear chassis braces for increased chassis response.
- Blue aluminum Narrow hex adapters with pin retainer clips and nylon locking wheel nuts.
- JConcepts Punisher body features a low profile design for a lower C.G., improved air flow and quicker fueling.
- JConcepts Illuzion wing pre-drilled for RC8T.
- JConcepts tires and foam inserts.
- Three aluminum clutch shoes with full sets of 1.0mm and 1.1mm clutch springs.
- Factory Team 7075 blue aluminum one-piece top plate.
- Lightweight 3mm 7075 hard-anodized chassis.
- 4.30:1 ratio gearboxes with a 14T clutchbell and 54T spur gear.
- Heatsink brake discs with "FFC" Free Float Caliper brake system eliminates unwanted brake drag.
- Two-piece split-center diff mount allows easy access to the center diff.
- 3.5mm light CVA drivetrain with full ball bearings.
- Rear molded CVA boots to keep dirt and mud out of rear joints.
- Lightweight engine mounts.
Internal Gear Ratio: 4.30:1
Needed To Complete:
- .21-.28 Nitro Engine & Tuned Exhaust System
- 2 High Torque Servos
- 2 Channel Radio System
- Receiver Battery 5 Cell Flat or Hump Pack & Charger
- Nitro Fuel & Fuel Bottle
- Glow Igniter
- Starting System For Engine
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday, December 31, 2009.
I had an electric version of CE. It was really fun to drive. Handled great. Good jumper, stable and very easy to drive. Parts are pretty cheap and are readily available. Great suspension. The AE shocks are really good. The hubs use larger size bearings, which I understand is a good thing. It's got a million different suspension tuning options, so you can dial it in on any surface. There are some things to keep in mind though. If you run electric, be wary of the old stock blue motor mount. It's terrible. It also doesn't provide enough clearance for a truggy motor. I would junk it and get a better one, like the one from EliteRCD. If you do keep it, you will need more "shims" under the center diff to provide the clearance. The RC8T also has one almost fatal flaw. The front/rear CVA's. They can bend very easily from hard impacts. They are positioned a little too far into the out drives, so a hard impact can jam them in. With nowhere to go, they bend. This was the single most annoying "flaw" of the truck for me. CVA's are expensive and I resented having to buy them too many times. In comparison, I have rarely bent CVA's in any other car, so it's not my driving. Overall, though, the RC8T is a bit more fragile than I expected. Broke a shock shaft, bent some hing pins, snapped a few turnbuckles, etc. Certainly not the worst durability, but I expected better. I'm a smooth driver and don't wreck a lot. Still, it's a good car and I wouldn't try and talk anyone out of buying one. I would just make sure they know what to expect.
I'm a little bummed, this car needs the aluminum supports front and back, my opinion they should come with them. My car broke the rear support in six laps. problem was I did'nt know it and found my chassis bent.My suggestion, buy the metal supports when assembling...your gonna nedd them.
I just got this Truck ! Didn't know what to expect , i own a Rc8.2 and love it. So here gos the truck is Bad to the bone handles great Steering is off the hook ! Just a great Truck Go Team Associated !!!!
The RC8T ce has been a great truggy thus far, I have raced her six times now and am loving her more with every race, it has very good steering and there is more to be had, I have switched from buggy to truggy, and am still learning the truck. She gave me a second place finish in our first race of the state series here this weekend, was in third but the second place truck (mbx6t) had arm issues and gave it up to me, the truck is as a solid machine as any if not a bit more then some, it might have a little less handleing then some, but makes up for it in the reliability dept. my only grip with the truck is it does tend to bend front cvd's a little easier then most, but a bent cvd will not dnf you like a broken arm or stipped diff ect. So far great truggy! Very happy with her.
This is an awesome truggy. I upgraded for the rc8t rs and i am loving it. It was so easy to put together and with the MG66X engine that i have got in it this truggy absolutly flys with good handling aswell. Wouldn't even cosider anything else
I have one of these and it handles great! It seems really consistent and wicked fast on a MMM2200 and 4s lipo setup. Highly recommended!
I bought this truggy on Jan.29,2010 got it put together converted it to electric and this thing is BAD fast. I've raced it twice TQ both times and won the A feature both times. This is one awsome truck and even better now that it is electric.