This is the Team Durango DESC410 "V2" 4WD Short Course Truck Kit. The DESC410v2 kit is a Pro-spec race kit based on the successful DESC410R, a kit that has won many races all over the world since its release. The DESC410v2 has been loaded with plenty of heavy-duty options, as well as receiving some updates to parts to increase their on-track toughness. The DESC410v2 has already won in the hands of Pro Team driver Ryan Lutz, who won the 4wd SC class at the 2012 AMS 3.0 race in the USA.
- Race Proven Geometry: Championship-winning, race-proven layout and geometry, inspired by the original DESC410R model. Team Durango has improved the suspension geometry by adding an additional shock mounting hole on the front suspension arm which is further-out from the original hole.
- Center Differential: The optional Team Durango center differential is included in the Pro-spec DESC410v2 as standard. For DESC410R owners, this option part proved essential for improving both handling and durability, as well as fine-tuning adjustability.
- Machine Cut Ring Gears: Another option part for the DESC410R is the machine cut 42 tooth differential ring gears. These super heavy-duty machine cut gears are included in the DESC410v2 as standard, making the drive-train of this Pro-spec kit incredibly robust and durable.
- Machined Aluminum Suspension Hangers: The DESC410v2 comes complete with precision machined aluminum suspension hangers, front and rear. These beautifully crafted items offer increased toughness and durability out-of-the-box. For Team Durango levels of tunability, the rear suspension hanger uses molded composite inserts to give multiple anti-squat settings, allowing you to fine-tune your DESC410v2 to any track conditions.
- Suspension Arms: Updated suspension arms, front and rear, have been made even stronger for increased durability on the toughest tracks and under the roughest conditions.
- Light Weight & Robust Composite Shock Towers: These molded composite shock towers have been engineered to offer similar toughness as the aluminum towers, as seen on the DESC410R kit, but with less weight.
- Alloy Seal Caps: Aluminum shock seal housing caps included for increased strength and durability.
- Full Rear Bumper: Both large and small rear bumpers are included in the DESC410v2 as standard. Tough molded composite bumpers give the DESC410v2 a classic Short Course look.
- Sway Bars: Sway bars are included as standard, for both the front and rear. These have been a very popular option on the DESC410R kit, so Team Durango has made them a standard part on the Pro-spec DESC410v2.
- Low Center of Gravity: The low center of gravity design of the DESC410v2 has a near perfect weight distribution front-to-rear and side-to-side, for predictable and stable handling corner to corner, time and again. The compact layout keeps body roll to a minimum yet has plenty of room for electrics while the optional under-body cover can be purchased separately to protect the electronics from the worst conditions you'll see on any race track.
- Big Bore Dampers: Big Bore dampers are standard equipment on the DESC410v2. They handle the biggest landings and roughest terrain better than anything else - it's that simple. More oil means it doesn't have to work as hard. Plus the FAT shocks stay more consistent through a run as well as soaking up monster jumps, which is improved compared to the smaller dampers found on the vehicles of rivals. Along with the standard pistons, Durango has also included 'blank' pistons to allow racers to tune their own.
- 550/4-Pole Motor Compatible: The DESC410v2 is designed to handle the extreme power of 550 and 4-Pole motors, with the included Module-1 spur gear (48DP also included). The addition of the center differential and machined steel differential crown gears add to what was an already tough setup and makes the DESC410v2 more than capable of staying at the top.
- Slipper & Differential: The drivetrain is protected by a race proven dual pad slipper - which works together with the center differential to put the power down to the track and protect the drivetrain from big landings.
- Module 1 & 48 Pitch: 48DP and Module-1 spur gears are both included in the kit - so you can run the 'regular' 48DP gears in controlled class racing or choose the BIG gears to handle the power of 550/4-pole motors.
- Built Tough: The chassis on this SC truck is built like no other - with an alloy sandwich construction making a lightweight but super tough and rigid platform to hang the rest of the truck from. Toughness is important when you go wheel-to-wheel, and with the updated stronger arms the whole suspension system and drivetrain is designed to take the punishment of top-flight competition racing.
Length: 21.9" (550mm)
Width: 11.2" (285mm)
Wheelbase: 13.0" - 13.2" (329mm) - (336mm)
Internal Gear Ratio: 2.47:1
Weight: 95.2oz (2700g) approx (varies with choice of electrics, tires and body)
Needed to Complete:
- Short Course body
- 550 or 4-Pole 540 motor
- ESC suitable for 2S LiPo and 550 size motor
- 2-Channel radio system
- High torque steering servo
- 2S LiPo saddle pack battery
- 1/10 Scale short course tires
- Silicone shock oil
- Silicone differential oil
This product was added to our catalog on August 9, 2012.
Handles good jumps good fast but durability? Broke somthing everytime i ran it! Good design crap materials! Rather have somthing thats actually gonna finish the race!
Fastest Shortcourse Truck...Maybe faster than buggy.. Parts are available now that's why giving five stars..if ur new to r/c and do not know how to drive yet ..you won't appreciate this truck..
Buddy has a Durango as well and is an awesome driver but just cant seem to leave the track without simple stuff breaking, him and myself. NOW about all the wins WITH SPONSORED PRO's, lol. Being a SPONSORED driver making a name for themselves and having a race team under your belt to get these trucks to do just that is a must. Get a Tekno SCT410 and laugh, pros are getting whipped by guys @practice.....some race days even that we hadn't seen before driving Their Tekno SCT410's. My buddy as a matter of fact is purchasing him a Tekno as we speak. Loving my Teks so much, I built a backup lite SCT410 with options. Durangos are awesome trucks WHEN THEY don't have the issues. Another weak part that sways many other ways, SADDLE PACKS only. I rather have a perfectly balanced engineered truck that'll accept my 7000mah standard 2s batts. :-). Less charging ports to worry about and less time waiting for charges. I'm being total honest here as I'm holding both in my hands now.
Team Durango is superior quality to the mass produced brands. The battery installation is as easy as any other and if your having issues with them your probably in the wrong hobby. AE SC10 4x4 cannot be realistically compared to a Team Durango.
one of the very best 4x4 trucks you can buy. not for bashers , more for progressive drivers that know how to drive and tune. durability and quality is top notch..
Very Good Truck and great Design. Been running for almost 10mths. The truck handle very well in track and easy to drive. Is a 100% A amain racing truck that i would recommend. It is almost indestructible once u upgrade all the RPM arms and Bumper. So far for the past 9mths i have not break a single part after i converted to RPM arms and bumper.
Simply love the DESCv2 and Durango Stuff.
When you buy a team durango kit you are buying quality!!
I have this amazing short course truck since one year ago, I love it. The design on this kit is pure and original, all parts shows a lot of quality, build the kit was easy and pleasant once done is a top notch racing machine.
I run 2-3 days of the week, no parts loose or broken at all, any issue.
I highly recommend this beast to all rc driver that want something diferent, something you can really enjoy running and winning laps. You will not be dissapointed!
Btw I recently sold my SC10ft on ebay and bought the DESC210 amazing winner too!
I've been racing this truck for about 3mos and have been having a heck of a time getting it dialed. The build was great, easy instructions, all the parts were there and everything fit perfectly. I had read the hinge pins were an issue so built the kit with the Lunsford titanium ones. I have had zero durability issues and have not broken anything.
My minor complaints: the body posts are the kind with the pins which you soon lose when trying to get the body off quickly between heats, the servo saver design loves to back itself off every 8 races or so, meaning you need to keep an eye on it so you're not like me and as you're about to drop your truck for the main you realize it's basically off and you have a DNS. My biggest issue with the truck is the design. All of the weight is forward and you only have your battery packs (saddle) as weight in the rear. My 4500mah packs don't come close to offsetting the weight of the motor, receiver, ESC and steering servo. So this truck is very squirrelly and the rear has trouble hooking up. When going full throttle and letting off the gas, the back end wants to break loose because of all the weight transferring forward. And it's so nose heavy it's basically impossible to time a jump and not nose down. The pros are this truck is very light, accelerates quickly and has a TON of steering. You can get away with less motor/gearing than others because of this.
I'm giving the truck another month to see if I can get it figured out. I don't doubt that if I was a pro driver I could alter my style to exploit the advantages this truck has, but unfortunately I'm not that good. Back to practice I go....
Really Good Truck! The build was easy with the manual. Handle very great on the track. EXOTEK build very nice option for the DESC410. I broke the rear shock tower, so i bought the carbon one from exotek, let see if its better!
The guy that lapped him...
Ha! Learn how to drive newb... Why the hell are these kits NATIONAL and WORLDWIDE TQ's and winners then? Quality of materials is TOP NOTCH, Customer Service is second to none, parts availability are everywhere, the kits have SO MANY tuning options that you will have no idea what to do with it. These kits stayed back and watched MUGEN, KYOSHO, LOSI, AE and even XRAY do their thing and made a product that surpassed them in many ways than one. They re-engineered their product to overpass every company out there. They are one of the ONLY companies that thought "outside of the box" and actually hit the nail on the head. The WINS and sale numbers prove the story. Read Team Durango's BLOG section and see for your self. Losi & AE? pffttt... They need to play catch up and roll their 22 Platform already to the 4wd division and let TLR take over... The AE? Ha.. old, outdated, needs a update and old school. Yes those two companies platform worked but, only because that's what was only available to the market at the time when SC first started blowing up.
Team Durango is the NEW NEW, TD is the company that's taking the steps to keep themselves on the podium. You want some of the best quality kit money can buy... then Team Durango is where you want to be.