- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Team Losi Racing 8IGHT-E 3.0 1/8 4WD Electric Competition Buggy Kit
This is the Team Losi Racing 8IGHT-E 3.0 1/8 Scale 4WD Electric Competition Buggy Kit. The 8IGHT-E platform has drivers around the world on the top of the podium, and the 8IGHT-E 3.0 buggy is engineered to continue that winning tradition. Its lightweight, aluminum chassis has been specifically designed for electric power with a motor and battery layout that lowers the center of gravity. This makes it easier to drive fast, corner hard and lower lap times – all of which makes life much harder for your competition.
- Aluminum Chassis Optimized for Electric Power: The lightweight, 4mm 7075-T6 Aluminum chassis has been hard anodized for maximum durability. Its layout has been specifically engineered for electric power with motor and battery placement that lowers the center of gravity and makes it easier to drive fast.
- Updated Suspension Geometry: Revised front spindles and spindle carriers reduce dogbone plunge into the outdrive and deliver more consistent handling on all track surfaces. The spindle carriers have 15 degrees of caster for better bump handling and smoother steering response. Front and rear shock towers have simplified camber locations for quick and easy tuning.
- Large-Bore 16mm Shocks with Tapered Springs: The large volume shocks are easier to tune and feature tapered springs that provide greater clearance while reducing the chance of spring cup ejection during extreme impacts. Machined pistons are included for greater precision and increased performance.
- Adjustable Front and Rear Aluminum Pivots with Inserts: These aluminum pivots come with inserts that let you make adjustments in 1.2 degree increments to front kick, rear toe-in and anti-squat settings.
- Front and Rear Center Dogbones: The use of front and rear center dog bones eliminate the friction of a CV coupler. The front center dog bone will significantly reduce the binding that would occur as a front center CV coupler wore out.
- 5mm Turnbuckles: The added durability of 5mm turnbuckles is great for any track, particularly high speed European circuits.
- Updated Body and Wing Design: The body and wing have been reshaped to deliver even more downforce when cornering fast and flying down the straights.
- Two Sets of TLR Wheels: The kit includes two sets of wheels (one yellow, one white) that have been specially designed for the 8IGHT-E 3.0 buggy. Tires and inserts are sold separately.
- Titanium Shock Shafts and Hinge Pins with Carbonitride Coating: This special coating substantially reduces shock shaft and hinge pin wear while adding a little extra smoothness to the suspension package at the same time.
- Updated Droop Screw System: The large, button head droop screw has enough surface area to rest against the chassis without galling it.
- Updated Mud Guards and Servo Mount: The mud guards have been updated to fit the symmetrical chassis design. The servo mount has also been firmed up for better steering.
- 4mm, hard-anodized aluminum chassis designed for electric power
- Hard-anodized aluminum motor mount
- Performance battery mounting system with secure straps
- Updated radio tray design
- Motor wire stay for cleaner, safer installation
- Ball bearing steering Ackerman plate
- Adjustable front and rear aluminum pivots with inserts
- Front and rear center dogbones
- Heavy duty dogbones and outdrives
- Race performance wickerbill system
- Improved droop screw system
- Heavy duty rear outer hinge pins
- Reinforced aluminum bearing insert system
- Multiple tuning sway bars included
- Two sets (one yellow set and one white set) of dome-style racing wheels included
- Updated body and wing
Type: 4WD off-road racing buggy
Length: 19.6 in (497mm)
Width: 12.1 in (308mm)
Height: 7.1 in (180mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.4 in (60mm)
Wheelbase: 12.7-12.9 in (323-327mm)
Chassis: 4mm, 7075 T6 aluminum
Suspension: 4-wheel independent
Drivetrain: 4WD, shaft
Tire Type: Tires not included (8 wheels are included)
Shock Type: 16mm diameter oil-filled with tapers springs
Body: New 8IGHT-E 3.0 design, clear
Ball Bearings: Full
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- (1) Steering Servo
- 1/8 Scale Electronic Speed Control
- 1/8 Scale Brushless Motor
- I.O. Module Pitch Pinion Gear
- 4S LiPo Battery Pack (or two 2S LiPos)
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Tires, Inserts & CA Tire Glue
- Polycarbonate Paint (for body)
This product was added to our catalog on August 30, 2013.