This is the Tekin RS Gen2 Sensored Brushless ESC. The Tekin RS legacy continues with the GEN2 brushless speed control, the next generation in intelligent motor drive technology. The RS GEN2 is fitted with state of the art components to deliver what racers demand; reliability, precise control and unmatched power handling capability. Packed with updates, the RS GEN2 features a programmable 6.0-7.4V high-voltage BEC, an EZ Access Port for HotWire communication and Data-logging capabilities, and its all wrapped up in a pint sized package. Rated for 8.5 turn motors and higher, the GEN2 is the perfect ESC for both vetran and novice racers.
- Couple the RS GEN2 with a Redline GEN2 brushless motor for the ultimate race package!
- Ultra-smooth and Precise Throttle and Braking Control
- Compatible with Sensored/Sensorless Brushless and Brushed Motors
- Easily Access Programming, Anywhere, Anytime
- Datalogging Capability
- High Voltage Programmable BEC
- EZ Access HotWire Programming Port
- HotWire PC Interface for Advanced Programming and Updating
- D2: Dual Drive Mode Technology
- On-Board Temperature Indicator
- HDAC: High Density Copper PCB's
- Sensor Plug for Precise Commutation with all Motors
- Gold-plated Solder Posts for Easy Wire Replacement
- Self Test Diagnostics and Factory Reset
- Pit Tune Mode
- DGF2: Digital Glitch Filtering V2
- QuickTune™ Programming
- One-Touch Radio Calibration
- High Voltage BEC (6.0v/7.4v)*
- Drag Brake (13 steps)
- Brake / Reverse Strength (13 steps)
- Current Limiter (none + 12 steps)
- Neutral Width (13 steps)
- Timing Profiles (5 preset - 2 custom*)
- Adjustable Throttle and Brake Minimums
- Custom Throttle Curves
- Motor/Reverse Type: Brushless, Brushed, No Rev, Rev Delay
- Voltage Cutoffs (none, 2S, 3S, Custom)
- Timing Boost and Turbo when used with Hotwire
- ROAR Race Spec "Blinky" Mode
- Save, Load and Share custom ESC setup files
- Extensive Tuning via Tekin HotWire PC Interface
*NOTE: Requires HotWire USB Interface (TEKTT1450) - Sold Separately
Input Voltage: 4-9 Cells, 2S-3S Lipo
BEC: 6.0v / 7.4v 5.5amps
Motor Limit Brushless Mode: 8.5 Turn, 540 2-pole (36mm)
Motor Limit Brushed Fwd Only Mode: 10 Turn
Motor Limit Brushed Fwd/Rev Mode: 12 Turn
Timing Profiles: 7 choices (on board)
Brushed Modes: Fwd Only, Fwd/Rev, Rev Delay
Brushless Modes: Fwd Only, Fwd/Rev, Rev Delay
Dimensions: 1x1.3x.51" (25.4x33x12.9mm)
Weight: 2.0oz / 48g w/wire
This product was added to our catalog on April 16, 2013.
Coming from the orion r10 pro the rs gen2 is not as good. There is a slight delay going from forward to brake. This is probably not noticeable if you are coming from other brands. The r10 pro responds a bit quicker. The rs gen2 is still pretty good, but not as smooth as orion. Considering that the rs gen2 is only $35 cheaper and can only take stock motors(8.5 but it's not safe to take it to it's limits) I would go with the orion because it is still smoother and more responsive and has no motor limit.
Finally Tekin has come out with a super smooth esc. If your wondering if its worth the upgrade from the RS then yes it is. I just sold my two Rs's and buying another Gen2 RS. Great job Tekin!
I've been running the Gen2 since it first came out. Super smooth acceleration and brakes and with the hot wire app on my S4 I can make small adjustments anytime with ease. The esc stays cool and is just a work horse. Love it!
Smooth and Fast! Qualified 0.4s from TQ at 2014 Snowbirds Nationals in Carpet Oval Tour COT using the RS Gen2. Telemetry built-in makes it even better (RPM curve, Motor Temp, etc) .. awesome!
Amazing speed control. Smoother operation throttle and brake response over Gen 1. Improved brake tuning as well. Improved boosting features if you run unlimited stock or if you want to add some extra power to your mild modified motor. I run this ESC in most of my 2wd cars including an 8.5T Redline Gen 2 in my SCT and ESC does not get hot and performs flawless. Onboard tuning allows you to make a large array of adjustments on the ESC but getting a Hotwire allows you to update the firmware as well as unlock many other features including data logging and fine tuning of many other features which is an invaluable tool in getting the most out of this ESC and our car. Tekin hit this out of the park. Side note: You can now use Hotwire with your Android devices to help with the ease of track side tuning. A computer is still required for data log information and firmware updates.
I own 3 of these ESC. i use them in My Buggy, Crawler, Sprint Car and SCT. They are incredibly Smooth, provide limitless tune ability, and Tekin has the best customer service in the Business.
Own two of these. I think they are the best ESCs I have used for 1/10 buggy when using a high-voltage servo. I would recommend this ESC especially if you are making a choice between Viper and Tekin. This is better, trust me.
I run these in both my 22T and 22SCT and they were flawlessly. They are extremely smooth and always run cool. I have paired this with LRP, Tekin, and Novak motors and several different turn motors and it always runs great. I bought this as a combo with a 10.5 motor. These will definitely be my ESC of choice on my next 1/10 vehicles.