- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
XRAY XB8 2014 Spec Luxury 1/8 Nitro Off-Road Buggy Kit
With your purchase, receive at no cost:
This is the XRAY XB8 2014 Spec Luxury 1/8 Nitro Off-Road Buggy Kit. Juraj Hudy, along with the XRAY Engineering and Racing Teams have designed the XB8 2014 Specs platform, taking departure from conventional off-road concepts, resetting the standards for performance, reliability and handling. Combining the unique XRAY XPBS™ pivot ball suspension and Multi-Flex™ adjustment system, with redesigned big-bore shocks and superior weight balance, the XB8 delivers an impressive blend of innovative engineering concepts and luxury materials to deliver an impressive on track advantage. Manufactured from premium European materials, using state-of-the-art Swiss and German machines, and backed by XRAY's premium service & support, the XB8 is typical XRAY: a luxury masterpiece of engineering.
Chassis length: 402mm
Approximate running weight: 3350g
Needed to Complete:
- XRAY Multi-Flex Technology™ CNC-machined chassis made from 3mm high-quality Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum
- Engine parallel with chassis centerline, center diff positioning for straight-line central drive shafts
- Pre-drilled holes for additional balancing weights
- Pre-drilled centerline holes for use with HUDY Chassis Balancing Tool
- 1-piece electronics assembly is compact and easy to remove
- Extra-thick, premium-grade graphite shock towers
- Stiff Front & rear composite braces
- High-grade, CNC-machined aluminum engine mounts are extended to provide higher reinforcement of the chassis in the longitudinal direction
- High-torque clutch for smooth and continuous power transfer at high RPM
- Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum flywheel and lightweight Swiss 7075 T6 clutch shoes for improved wear and increased lifespan
- Laser-cut, precision flat-ground steel brake disk is hand-ground for true, wobble-free rotation
- Special high-grip brake pads installed on laser-cut brake plates
- Conventional shaft-driven 4WD off-road drivetrain
- Front & rear gear differential featuring 46T crown gears and 14T pinion gears
- Central differential featuring 46T spur gear with standard 13T engine clutchbell
- Front, central, and rear CVD drive shafts manufactured from HUDY Spring Steel™
- Ultra-lightweight 17mm wheel hex drive hubs CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 black-coated aluminum
- Full set of 24 high-speed, blue-sealed ball-bearings ensure maximum efficiency
- Easy access to center differential
- XPBS™ (Pivot Ball Suspension) is a unique concept, with integrated suspension geometry adjustment; different kingpin plates being the only optionally-available tuning parts
- Integrated Suspension Settings™ (I.S.S.) for quick & easy suspension geometry setting
- Suspension arms with optimal length, thickness, flexibility, geometry of suspension points, and material characteristics
- Exclusive composite mixtures developed in-house by XRAY offer the perfect balance between reliability and performance
- Super-lightweight composite steering block and stiff Swiss 7075 T6 kingpin plate
- Super-lightweight composite rear upright block and stiff Swiss 7075 T6 mounting plate
- HUDY Spring Steel™ turnbuckles
- Front & rear anti-roll bars manufactured from spring steel material
- Big-bore, long-stroke shocks for ultimate reliability and performance
- Longer 3.5mm super-smooth polished shock shafts for increased downtravel
- Big-bore pistons made from Delrin™ material for smooth operation and durability
- Specially-designed shock springs are manually measured, selected and matched into pairs to guarantee precisely equal length and damping characteristics
- High-quality, low-downforce, low-profile, aerodynamic Lexan™ body perfectly fits the car and works in most track conditions
- Premium 3D full-color Instruction Manual & supplementary sheet
- Premium, unmatched XRAY online support
Chassis length: 402mm
Approximate running weight: 3350g
Needed to Complete:
- Engine & Exhaust system
- Electronics (Radio, Receiver, Servos, Batteries, Switch)
- 1/8 Buggy Wheels, Tires & Tire Glue
- Receiver battery
- Starter box
- Glow Ignitor
This product was added to our catalog on March 7, 2014.
Been in Rc for 20 years
At first this kit went together really well. It seems to be pretty much indestructible. I feel like i could smack it into a wall 10 times without it breaking. It handles like a dream and the manual is really nicely printed like a magazine. I like the fact that every parts bag has a buisness card type insert with the persons name who quality controlled the parts. And that the car has an insane amount of adjustability. All the hudy spring steel driveshafts are very nicely engineered and captured properly. Everything is top notch quality.... except the terrible design of the clutch(dare I say the most important part of the car). I really feel nickel and dimed on this part of the assembly. EVERY other kit (kyosho, mugen, sworks , jq, etc..) comes with all the parts needed except radio servos and motor. Well this kit needs you to also buy an"option" part to be able to even drive/finish assembly(the flywheel collet).In my experience hop up options are not needed to make the kit drive. They are options to replace pieces that already come with the kit. Upon opening the clutch bag to begin assembling the clutch i realised there was no flywheel collar included . Are you kidding me? The second most expensive kit you can buy and it doesn't come with a collar. I call bs. especially since it seems to need a custom collar that has to be special ordered because the ones that come with your motor will not work. If you bought an O.S. motor you will not even able to mount the flywheel without ordering the PRO TEC flywheel shim kit & the xray collet. I have 3 extra collars sitting in my tool box (the manual even said to use the collar you already have that came with the motor) so i tried to install those . Nope that wont work as the clutch bell seems to be made too long to allow the clutch to have any play. so now i am stuck with a buggy with a non working clutch . I tried installing the clutch on an os xzb v2 speed spec top of the line motor as well as an rb bxr ceramic and even a novarossi engine and every time the clutch bell passes the end of the crankshaft & binds as soon as tightening the bell screw down. when holding the clutch bell up to another brand its clearly 3 or 4 millimeter longer than a standard bell thus making it absolutely impossible to tightening the clutch bell properly without some extremely tiny shims or washers that ARE NOT INCLUDED. Why would these extremely crucial 2 dollar parts not be included in a "masterfully engineered" $700 kit . guess i wont be finishing up the car tonite or even driving it by the end of the weekend. i should have just got a mugen or a jq or something or something else. i guess its too late to return it now. :/ Update: after reading the xray forum there is a similar problem with the xb9. grrrrrrrrrrrr .if this is a known problem on xrays official forum why not include the proper collar or crankshaft extension? I was seriously thinking about putting a really good review because the car itself is really nice but now I'm just plain frustrated and not happy. I may be able to overlook this because luckily I have found 8 perfect shims from a tamiya kit that fit perfectly on the end of crankshaft to extend it. I figured out how to fix get the bell to work so the car gets 4 stars. It would have been 5+ stars had there not been this terrible step in the assembly process which the manual leaves you to figure out on your own. I just shouldn't have to take apart another kit to "fix" anything on a brand new design. OH AND IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO RESPOND TO ME BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE MY REVIEW. DON' T POST A 5 STAR REVIEW TO BOOST THE CARS STAR RATING .
Jesus Renato Yulo
I bought the car on the first week of April, after my RC8.2 broke. Since it was old, I decided to buy a new kit, the XB8. After building it, the race followed(Philippine Masters). First time handling was like a dream; specially the steering, it can turn a dime. I immediately got into the 1 hour A mains. After 2 pitstops, the track was blown out so I lost control over a curve after the long back straight and I hit an electric post. It still ran, but I didn't finish because my battery was low(DNF), I only ran half hour. After that, I overhauled my car and realized that I caused many damages; my front shock was ovalized, swing arm pin got bent but the front arm is still perfect, and my servo saver post broke in a cut off way, but it was still functional.
Very nice building the kit, no issues at all. The box stock set up is not great. It will get you around the track but does not show all the speed the car can have. Only complaint is, I cased 1 jump at rather slow speed and broke the ackerman support. Also the front bumper was broke. So what some of the other reviews said about the being being like a tank. I wouldn't say thats all true. With all that said, when I had my Kyosho 2 years ago that thing broke without warning! I'd say overall this right up there with the mugen in drivability and reliability. The mugen in my opinion is the best car out there.
i´m in 1/8 off-road since 1992. this is the most professional kit and best driving car i had. simple as that. won´t look back. thanks xray for this great experience!
Okay we get it
So there is an issue with the clutch setup....you noted 'otherwise it would be 5 stars'. You neglected to tell us what you LIKE about the buggy.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
Free Shipping! Restrictions Apply
Low Price: $689.99
This item earns up to 690 Customer Reward points Learn More