- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Align T-REX 550E Pro DFC Combo Helicopter Kit w/Gyro, Motor, ESC, 4 Servos & Carbon Blades
This is the Align T-REX 550E Pro DFC Combo Helicopter Kit. This amazing package includes a pair of 550 3G Carbon Fiber Main Blades, 90mm Carbon Fiber Tail Blades, a 730MX Brushless Motor, one Castle Talon 90 Brushless ESC, three DS615 Servos, one DS655 Digital Servo and the awesome 3GX Flybarless System.
The T-Rex 550E PRO DFC incorporates all updated design elements, focusing specifically on upgrading the power with a 700 class motor, the 730MX (850KV). With a size that falls in-between large and small models, the T-REX 550E PRO DFC features stability and agility, with superior power output that will guaranteed jaw dropping performance.
The T-REX 550E PRO DFC is equipped with the latest designs: DFC main rotor system, updated 112T CNC helical main gear, updated style tail drive assembly, updated style tail control system, etc. The most talked about feature is the 730MX (850KV) motor, a motor normally found in 700 class helicopters but over spec'ed for 550 class. Enthusiasts can clearly feel the dramatic increase in power and torque, while taking advantage of its higher efficiency, lower current and temperature benefits. In addition, the 2mm thick 3K carbon side plates not only enables the installation of wider 730MX (850kv) motor, they also simplify the structure, while maintaining high rigidity and easy maintenance.
T-REX 550E Features:
- Equipped with the low CG DFC rotor head, exhibits exhilarating 3D performance and unimaginable flight speed
- DFC CCPM Swashplate and metal body mount to increase body rigidity and added gyro placement location
- 2mm 3K carbon fiber side frame for simple yet rigid frame construction, not only for easy assembly and maintenance, but also allowing capable of 730MX (850KV) motor to increase fight power
- Integrated swash anti-rotation guide and gyro mounting platform
- Equipped with new high strength CNC M1 helical main gear and tail drive bevel gear assembly, featuring reinforced overall gear structure and increased gear thickness, effectively improves gear's anti torsion ability to prevent gear from deforming under extreme power, reducing gear wear and power loss
- Power upgrade to 730MX (850KV) motor, the feel as if a turbo charger was added to the helicopter, capable of high efficiency, low current and low temperature, with dramatic 700 class flight performance in 550 class helicopter
- Utilizes highest spec and superior anti-wear material to increase the overall strength and durability for torque tube drive gear. Effectively minimize gear striping and crash damage
- Rear mounted rudder servo mount & carbon fiber gyro mount
- Equipped T-REX 600 class tail boom set, supporting with 600mm main blade and increase tail stability
- Completely redesigned tail blade designed to sustain optimal tail locking performance under high head speed and extreme flight conditions
- High quality tail gearbox design, combined with new dual point mounted tail pitch control assembly to minimize slops and increase rudder control precision
- Redesigned 3GX represents the next generation of multi function flybarless systems. The dramatically improved performance will create an immediate impact on any enthusiasts.
- The 3GX is currently the smallest and lightest flybarless system on the market and features two ports to directly connect Spektrum and JR satellite receivers, along with full support of Futaba's S-BUS system.
- Using the 3G FL760 manual setup process, the 3GX can be setup simply in a matter of minutes. Additionally, the 3GX can support any CCPM swashplate system currently on the market including 90, 120, 135, and 140 degree swashplates.
- Graphically illustrated instructions using the computer setup software directs the user through a step by step setup process, allowing for quick setups without omitting any steps.
- With the soon to be released Bluetooth connectivity kit, the 3GX can be programmed wirelessly from a PC. Eventually there will also be smartphone apps allowing live adjustments to the 3GX without powering down.
- With 3GX's built in Align RCE-G600 governor function, no external governor is needed, reducing electronic clutter and excess wire.
- A library of pre-configured 3GX settings are available for T-Rex series of helicopters, allowing pilots to achieve the most optimal setup for their helicopter without the guesswork.
- Three levels of flight mode are available to provide the perfect feel for beginner and advanced pilots.
- Custom parameters have been developed to allow pilots to fine tune numerous swashplate and rudder settings and a settings export feature allows custom settings to be shared amongst friends.
- The 3GX features the highest spec gyroscope sensors, allowing it to be used in the harshest conditions. The dual axis plus rudder sensor dramatically improves swashplate and rudder correction precision and will be felt when hovering, as well as during aerobatic routines.
- Suitable for 200 to 700 class helicopters, glow engine or electric powered.
- The vibration resistant characteristics are evident even when mounted with harder double sided mounting tape.
- 16 bit processor is 4 times faster than the previous 3G, along with completely re-written firmware. The result is a dramatic improvement in stability that rivals a flybarred helicopter, while providing explosive agility.
- With a built in pirouette compensation function, the 3GX is able to stabilize the helicopter on a fixed point during pirouetting maneuvers. Pirouetting flip type of maneuvers are easily performed with precision.
- Rudder control is similar to the high end GP-780 gyro in that the rudder sensitivity is optimized for the helicopter's rudder response characteristics, allowing consistent rudder feel even under high speed conditions. This excellent control feel will allow pilots of all skill levels to experience the perfect integration between the 3GX and the helicopter.
- Additional peripherals planned for the 3GX include a 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis magnetic compass, and a GPS positioning system.
- The position hold gyro system utilizes a total of 10 sensors, ensure positioning of the helicopter with superior accuracy and providing the ultimate solution for aerial photography and other specialized applications.
- Compatible with 2 to 5 blades rotor heads
- Support up to 6 servos
- Automatic servo type recognition
T-REX 550E Specifications:
Main Blade Length: 520mm
Main Rotor Diameter: 1188mm
Tail Rotor Diameter: 254mm
Motor Drive Gear: 16T
Main Drive Gear: 112T
Autorotation Tail Drive Gear: 131T
Tail Drive Gear: 34T
Drive Gear Ratio: 1:7:3.85
Weight (w/o power system): 2400g
Operating Temperature: -10~60 degree
X and Y axis Operating Angle Range: -300~+300 degree
Z axis Operating Angle Range: -600~+600 degree
Size: 36.5x25.2x15.6mm Size
Maximum working voltage: 8.5V
- (1) T-REX 550E PRO DFC Kits Set
- (1) 550 3G Carbon Fiber Blades
- (1) 90mm Carbon Fiber Tail Blade
- (1) 730MX Brushless Motor (850kV)
- (3) DS615 Digital servo
- (1) DS655 Digital servo
- (1) Castle Talon 90 Brushless ESC
- (1) 3GX Flybarless System
Needed To Complete:
- 6-Channel (minimum) Helicopter Radio System (transmitter & receiver)
- (1) Pitch Gauge or Digital Pitch Gauge
- (1) 6S LiPo Battery Pack (2600~5200mAh)
- Compatible Battery Charger
This product was added to our catalog on September 13, 2013.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
Super Saver Shipping!