- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Browse All Departments
Avant Mostro 700 Nitro Helicopter Kit w/DFC Head (Classic Red)
This is the Avant Mostro 700 Nitro Helicopter Kit, with the optional DFC Head. The Avant Mostro series is the latest offering from Avant to push current helicopter trends into tomorrow. The Mostro most notably features the unique Mostro "Mono-block" design that houses all the elements of the electronics for the helicopter. Acting as a solid superstructure, the single block "Mono-block" is the core of the machine; it is actually the flying helicopter. In fact, the mono-block is interchangeable between nitro and electric frames - just swap frames and go. Other special features include an improved DFC head, sleeker tail boom design and improved servo layout.
- Improved DFC Head: The RigidCore head uses polymer-based DFC follower arms that create the perfect response while remaining durable, yet precise. Unlike other designs, the DFC pivot point doesn't rest on a screw, it rests on a milled shaft integral to the pitch arm eliminating the fatigue point of a screw interface.
- Improved Servo Layout: Designed to minimize the distance between the swashplate and servos without awkward placement, the Mostro's improved servo layout allows for less delay between the flybarless gyro sensors resulting in more precise movements.
- Additional Servo Support: The addition of bearing-grade bronze bushings that receive a small stainless steel shaft added to the servo screw relieves the load that the servo shaft applies to the servo case. By relieving that extra force, you drastically extend the life of your servos. The kit comes with the correct threads and lengths for several popular servo brands.
- Sleeker Tail Boom Design: The removal of the boom supports provides a more eye appealing helicopter. The round, carbon fiber tail design is ideal to handle the amount of torque the tail receives. The larger distance between the boom clamps decreases the bending force applied to the boom, and a larger contact area between the boom clamp and the actual boom distributes the pressure among a larger area, protecting the tube from damage due to excessive tightening.
- Generously Sized Main Gear: Equipped with a large diameter main gear and a specially engineered helical angle, the Mostro is best suited to the application it is used for in the RC heli world. The large diameter gear implies lower forces per tooth applied, and the larger size of the tooth itself means much stronger strength at the base of the larger tooth. A correctly designed helical gear gives you the quiet ride of the helical gear system with minimized undesirable axial force effect.
- Mostro "Mono-block" Design: With the Mono-block design, all elements of the electronics for the helicopter mounted in a rigid superstructure. No part rests on the flexible frames unless it needs dampening.
- Metal Version Of Aurora Tail System: The Mostro features a metal version of the previous Aurora Tail System. The large travel allows for minute precise corrections without overshoot and it's corresponding error correction by the gyro system.
- (1) Avant Mostro Nitro Kit, w/DFC Head
- (1) Fiberglass Canopy
- (1) Instruction Manual
This product was added to our catalog on December 24, 2014.
Super Saver Shipping!