- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Avid RC 12mm Machined Piston (4) (2x1.7mm)
This is a pack of four optional Avid RC 2x1.7mm Machined Shock Pistons. These pistons can be used with Team Associated, Losi and Kyosho 12mm shocks. These Avid 12mm piston have two 1.7mm holes and have been precision machined to provide a tight-fit in the shock body with little blow-by.
Avid recommends that these pistons are used in the front of a 1/10 2wd or 4wd buggy, with 35wt oil in the front and 32.5wt oil in the rear on bumpy tracks when the car gets unsettled and is NOT bottoming out on jump landings.
For more information on Avid piston applications and tuning recommendations, click here.
- Use the 2 x 1.5 piston in truck or SC in front with 30 - 35wt.
- Use the 2 x 1.6 piston in truck or buggy with 30 - 32.5wt in front and 27.5 - 30wt in the rear
- Use the 2 x 1.7 piston in buggy with 35wt in front and 32.5wt in rear.
- Use 1.5+1.1 piston in replacement of the 2 x 1.6. In buggy, typically start with 30 wt oil front and 27.5 or 30wt rear.
- Use 1.6+1.1 piston in replacement of the 2 x 1.7. In buggy or truck, typically start with 30 or 32.5 wt oil in rear shocks.
- For a 4wd buggy, Avid recommends 1.5+1.1 front with 35 wt and 1.6+1.1 rear with 30 wt or 2 x 1.7 in the rear with 30wt.
- Fits 12mm shocks for Team Associated, TLR 22, and Kyosho (12mm bore, 3mm hole, 2.5mm thick).
- Machined round with a tighter fit to bore of the shock body for less blow-by.
- Each package includes 4 pistons inside of a Doodad container printed with AVID logo.
This product was added to our catalog on May 1, 2013.
- Kyosho Lazer ZX-5
- Kyosho Ultima RB5
- Kyosho Ultima RB6
- Kyosho Ultima RT5
- Kyosho Ultima SC
- Losi 22
- Losi 22 2.0
- Losi 22SCT
- Losi 22T
- Team Associated RC10B4.2
- Team Associated RC10B44.2
- Team Associated RC10B5
- Team Associated RC10B5M
- Team Associated RC10T4.2
- Team Associated SC10
- Team Associated SC10.2
- Yokomo B-MAX2
- Yokomo B-MAX2 MR
- Yokomo B-MAX4 II
Customers that bought this also purchased...
$1.99 Flat Rate Shipping!