- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Axial SCX10 "2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon" 4WD Electric Rock Crawler Kit
This is the Axial SCX10 "2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon" 4WD Electric Rock Crawler Kit. The Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon is one of those vehicles that is rarely left stock once in the hands of its owner. Axial understands this and have come to the table with their next offering. Axial's partnership with Jeep® continues with a kit version that allows you to build your Jeep® from the ground up. The Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon kit is unassembled and comes with a variety of option parts that not only look cool, but add performance and reliability as well. Suspension is one of the most important components in an offroad vehicle. Because of this, Axial has partnered with Icon Vehicle Dynamics to create a set of precision designed aluminum shocks to give you the performance and reliability you need.
Because it's a kit, Axial omitted the electronics which allows you to install your favorite radio system, steering servo, ESC and motor for a truly custom rig. During the building process you'll make decisions about; paint scheme, shock oil weight (30wt provided), spring rate choices (one combination of primary (soft) and secondary (medium) springs per shock provided), a three or four link setup (optional four link in the rear only) and installing additional hop-up parts that you may have purchased separately. If you're looking to build your ultimate dream Jeep®, this is the kit that will allow you to do it!
TRAIL PROVEN PERFORMANCE
Axial has joined forces with the most recognized name in off-roading - Jeep®. The SCX10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon was designed to resemble its full sized "scale/1:1" counterpart. We really did our research with this vehicle by building a full scale version for testing, research and development. We wanted to make sure you’d get the best built SCX10, right out of the box.
GO OVERLAND, DO EXPEDITION
The SCX10 also includes a rock solid, proven durable transmission with a protective cover to keep dirt and debris out of your pinion and spur gear and an adjustable slipper clutch that allows the motor to work more efficiently which greatly enhances the durability of the drivetrain by allowing the transmission to slip in hard binds. The SCX10 mates the transmission and axles to an even more realistic or "scale" metal c-channel frame. The realistic high strength c-channel chassis frame is made of durable steel with cross bracing for reinforcement and is held together with all hex hardware. Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions allow you to adjust your suspension for maximum performance.
The SCX10 also runs true to scale wheels and tires. We’ve included a set of officially licensed Maxxis Trepador tires molded in our R35 sticky compound which offers superior grip and they’re mounted on two-tone Walker Evans Racing wheels for great looks! The SCX10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon is designed for fun, especially if you have a few friends that have scale rigs. Getting a few guys together and going out for a scale trail run is one of the most enjoyable things you can do if you're an avid off-roading enthusiast. The SCX10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon is a 1:10 scale rig that provides full scale fun!
- ICON VEHICLE DYNAMICS ADJUSTABLE THREADED ALUMINUM SHOCKS: Axial is proud to feature Icon Vehicle Dynamics Aluminum Shocks in the SCX10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon kit as standard equipment. These aluminum shocks feature precision machined pistons which offer smooth performance throughout the range of travel. Made to tight tolerances, these aluminum shocks feature clear coated polished aluminum bodies, complete with aluminum faux reservoirs. The main body of the shock is threaded for quick ride height adjustments and pre-load tuning ability. Like their full size counterparts these shocks are completely rebuildable, tunable and offer consistent handling all while adding some of that Icon bling to your SCX10 chassis.
- Adjustable threaded aluminum shock bodies
- Precision machined pistons - polyoxymethylene (POM/thermoplastic)
- Titanium nitride coated shock shafts
- Dual rate springs
- POISON SPYDER ROCK BRAWLER BUMPERS: Officially Licensed Poison Spyder Rock Brawler front and rear bumpers add realism and functionality. The Rock Brawler bumpers feature excellent approach and departure angles to tackle extreme terrain. The bumpers also feature functional D-Rings for realistic recoveries and mounting holes for LED lights.
- REAR BUMPER W/SWING OUT CARRIER: The Poison Spyder Rock Brawler rear bumper includes a realistic swing out tire carrier and quick release spinner for mounting the spare tire, two hooks for connecting D-Rings and two holes for LED lights (LED lights not included - optional AXI24257 Simple LED Controller sold separately).
- POISON SPYDER CRUSHER FLARES: Offroading puts your vehicle right in the middle of conditions where durability matters most. The Poison Spyder Crusher Flares help protect the body from impacts and they’re designed for additional tire clearance and an aggressive look.
- WALKER EVANS RACING WHEELS: Officially licensed Walker Evans Racing wheels are molded from a blend of high quality nylon materials for strength and durability with a solid 12mm hex mount and dressed in black for an aggressive look.
- MAXXIS TREPADOR TIRES: Axial has included a set of officially licensed Maxxis Trepador tires molded in their sticky R35 compound which offers superior grip and they’re mounted on black Walker Evans Racing wheels for an aggressive look! These are taller than the Ripsaw 1.9 tires, giving you more ground clearance, bump absorption and trail ruggedness for smooth, stable performance on your favorite trails. Tire dimensions: 4.6" tall, 1.43" wide
- 4-LINK REAR SUSPENSION: The suspension geometry utilizes a 4-Link design for the rear which is optimized to reduce axle steer and torque twist. It also helps with steep off-camber climbs by having the proper amount of anti-squat and roll characteristics. The 4-Link system also aids against suspension wrap-up in high power applications.
- THREADED ALUMINUM LINKS: The lower suspension links are machined from aluminum to reduce flex and provide precise control over the roughest terrain. The tubes are threaded at both ends for easy assembly and make for a durable 4-link suspension. Axial has also included a threaded aluminum steering link which helps guide your vehicle with more precision. LINKS INCLUDED: 6x106mm x3, 6x98mm x2, 6x33mm x1
- AXLES - PROVEN DURABILITY: The axles have been designed with many features that are not available from other products on the market. Everything from the axle strength, pinion angle, caster, and ground clearance were taken into consideration when designing these axles. The result is a far superior axle that will stand-up to some severe punishment. To ensure added longevity from the start, a high-tolerance sintered diff locker is included along with hardened axle shafts.
- TRANSMISSION: The transmission was designed to place the weight of the motor as low as possible to maintain a low CG (Center of Gravity). The ultra compact transmission doesn't compromise performance because it also allows for a wide range of gearing choices. The overall ratio can be adjusted from 15:1 all the way up to 74:1 using different pinion/spur gear choices which allow for super high speed or to competition level crawling speed.
- WB8 WILD BOAR DRIVESHAFTS: The WB8 Wild Boar™ driveshafts are a constant velocity joint design [CVJ] which allows for efficient, friction free movement. Full metal-to-metal construction for the CVJ housing makes them durable. They're also easy to assemble and maintain!
- PROTECTIVE TRANSMISSION COVER: Helps keep dirt and debris out of your pinion and spur gear for a quiet and efficient drivetrain.
- SLIPPER CLUTCH: Allows the motor to work more efficiently and greatly enhances the durability of the drivetrain allowing the transmission to slip in hard binds.
- REALISTIC STEEL C-CHANNEL FRAME:
- The backbone: a realistic, rigid steel C-channel frame.
- Tapered frame: for increased articulation and added realism.
- Simplified design: for easy and quick maintenance and assembly.
- Torsional stiffness: Realistic looking frame and cross braces improve chassis rigidity.
- OFFICIALLY LICENSED JEEP® BODY: Customize your ride! The included Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon body comes clear, ready for your custom paint scheme. The polycarbonate roof is also clear, and comes with window masks and decals and easily mounts to the roll cage with four screws. Interior and exterior details include plastic mirrors, tail lights, a steering wheel, a shift knob, fuel fill plate and Poison Spyder Crusher Flares.
- Durable .040" polycarbonate body with realistic interior details
- Full roll cage with installation hardware
- Precut decals and window masks for easy painting
- Steering wheel and side mirrors
- Simulated mirror decals included
- Removable polycarbonate roof
- REALISTIC SCALE DETAILS: The SCX10 is packed with a variety of realistic details like mirrors, a steering wheel, shifter, front and rear bumpers, fender flares, d-rings, light buckets, a quick release tire spinner and a full roll cage molded in tough nylon injected plastic for durability. The body is clear and includes window and headlight masks making it easy to customize your paint scheme and the headlight buckets give you an added bit of realism by allowing you to add optional LED lights.
Width: 9" (229mm)
Length: 21.25" (540mm)
Height: 9" (229mm)
Wheelbase: 12.3" (313mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.7" (68mm)
Weight (no electronics): 3.4lbs (1.54kg)
This product was added to our catalog on March 7, 2013.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
Super Saver Shipping!