***Racers, please see our News section here: http://www.amainhobbies.com/iFMAR2013/news/
For more information about IFMAR, visit IFMAR.org
Need gear during the race? Visit A Main Hobbies retail store directly across from Costco.
A Main Hobbies Retail Store
2065 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Pkwy
Chico, CA 95928
- Track Closed: 09/09 – 09/21/2013
- 2wd World Championship: 09/22 – 09/25/2013
- 4wd World Championship: 09/26 – 09/29/2013
Silver Dollar R/C Raceway is the brainchild of A Main Hobbies founder and CEO, Kendall Bennett. As an avid radio controlled enthusiast, talented racer and former factory driver Kendall was willing to settle for nothing less than a facility he felt could take the racing facet of radio controlled hobbies to the next level and beyond. With features and amenities that rival or exceed any facility in the world, Silver Dollar R/C is well suited to hosting events of any caliber.
The 12 foot high, 55 foot long, covered driver’s stand can accommodate up to 15 drivers, and allows enthusiasts to view every inch of the impeccably groomed 200×100’ racing surface. There is an ADA compliant ramp that allows easy wheelchair access to the top of the drivers’ stand. The absolute best, local dirt A Main Hobbies could find was chosen for “blue groove” conditions when dry, yet being loamy when watered. The versatile soil combined with technical, yet flowing layouts provide a high-speed rush, with technical features that will test the skill of your trigger finger and your setup. The mechanics area features an elevated pit lane, shelving for tools and ample space for the mechanics themselves, providing room to wrench when things go bad. An incredible Musco lighting system keeps all the shadows off the track and the incredible PA system guarantees you will hear every word that is spoken in the timing booth.
The rest of the facility is just as impressive, with 48 permanent, covered pit spaces, each with a 3×5′ pit table and 110AC power. There is room for up to 170 additional racers in the paved and powered overflow pit area. A large wash station with water and compressed air is on hand to keep your gear clean, and a portable hand wash station is close by to keep your hands clean. Elevated seating provides a birds eye view for up to 900 spectators, as well as room for video broadcasting or other media coverage, while the room around the perimeter of the track lets you setup a BBQ, EZ up and chairs, so you can kick back with a cold one and enjoy the race.
Finally, Silver Dollar R/C offers one thing that cannot be matched by any other racing facility….A Main Hobbies! An A Main Hobbies’ retail store is located within walking distance across the street from the track, with the 40,000+ square foot warehouse/headquarters nearby, providing racers quick click access to over 50,000 R/C products. Replacement, option and boutique brand parts are no more than a click away, and can be ***picked up at the warehouse, or delivered to the retail store***, whichever works best for you. This not only makes Silver Dollar R/C a world class facility capable of hosting world class events, but also a facility with the potential to breed world champions.
- 200’ x 100’ clay mix racing surface (blue-groove when dry)
- 12’ high x 55’ ADA compliant covered driver’s stand (accommodates 15 drivers and 2 officials with no visual obstructions)
- Professional sports lighting system by Musco
- 48 permanent pit spaces with sufficient room for up to 170 covered pit spaces
- Buggy wash station with water and compressed air
- AMB scoring hardware with RCScoring Pro race management software
- Track water system allows four people to water the entire track in 120 seconds or less
- PA system designed for the high noise environment of nitro racing
- 100% ADA (American’s with Disabilities Act) compliant and accessible
- 40 RV camping sites with electrical and water hook-ups
- Limited RV camping sites with sewer hook-ups (dump station on-site, with camping fee)
- On site restrooms with public showers
- Hotels, restaurants and entertainment within walking distance
- Elevated seating for approximately 900 spectators