Model Rocket Kits
From ready to fly kits, to kits for the experienced model rocketeer, A Main Hobbies is the place to find the model rocket kits that will get you off the launch pad and screaming through the air.
Model Rocket Kit Skill Levels
When choosing a model rocket kit, it is important to choose one that fits your current skill level. Below is a brief overview of the different skill levels and the expertise that accompanies each. If you have additional questions or would like help choosing a model rocket kit, please contact us.
- Ready to Fly Kits: As the name suggests, these model rocket kits come ready to fly and do not require painting, gluing or a background in modeling. These rockets come assembled and are ready to blast off the launch pad in just minutes.
- Skill Level 1: These model rocket kits require some gluing, sanding and painting. The assembly of these kits usually will usually take an afternoon. Step by step instructions make building very easy.
- Skill Level 2: This is the first tier of more advanced model rocket kits. Before purchasing a level 2 model rocket kit, the person assembling it should have at least beginner skills in model rocket construction. The assembly of these kits may take a day to complete.
- Skill Level 3: These model rocket kits require at least a moderate rocket construction skill level and may take a couple of days to construct.
- Skill Level 4: Before purchasing a level 4 model rocket kit, you should have a great deal of model rocketry experience. You should be able to select motors without a recommended list and have mastered cutting body tubes and complex patterns.