- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Browse All Departments
Kyosho Ultima RB6 1/10 2WD Competition Electric Buggy Kit
This is the Kyosho Ultima RB6 1/10 Scale 2WD Competition Electric Buggy Kit. The Ultima RB6 is the latest development in the Ultima line of vehicles. All the enhancements that have been designed by Kyosho engineers and tested over the last couple of years by Kyosho International factory drivers like Jared Tebo and legends of the RC world are included in this kit. This type of development, along with the uncompromising manufacturing standards and the vast experience that can only be gained from decades of high-level competition, makes the Ultima RB6 a strong choice as the car to beat for the 2013 season.
- Chassis: The RB6 uses a hard-anodized, high-tech chassis built from 7075 aluminum. With kickup at the front and angled side trays, the RB6 mirrors the chassis technology of the 1/8 scale scene. Plus, with an additional length of 13mm added to the chassis, the model is effectively supported leading to increased stability.
- Transmission: The redesigned gearbox unit is designed especially small and easy to manage. The motor and transmission are placed very low in the chassis lowering the center of gravity. The transmission uses a three-tier gear system with the use of the rear-motor configuration; while the mid-motor configuration utilizes a four-tier gear system. A ball differential is used in both systems and can be adjusted from the outside of the vehicle with dust covers provided at the set points.
- Rear Axle: The entire rear axle is symmetrical results in low maintenance and costs. The toe and caster angle can be adjusted by varying the mounting arm shots. The upper arms are equipped with threaded rods and pivot on ball heads in a turnbuckle fashion. Through the use of spacers, the angle of the upper wishbone can be changed. Power is transmitted to the rear wheels through the use of efficient propeller shafts which shine with a perfect finish. The a-arm wishbones are angled upward providing high stability even on rough surfaces.
- Front End: The front is symmetrical and has particularly long and narrow arms. Thus, the entire front axle is compact and light. The front wheel ball bearings are a special low-friction bearing that is fitted with a fiberglass plate effectively sealed against dust. All parameters such as toe, camber and caster can be adjusted with little effort.
- Battery Layout: You can use the same batteries, stick packs, saddle-packs or shorties, regardless of what motor configuration the RB6 is in.
- Steering and Servo Saver: The redesigned ball-bearing steering geometry is the same angle as the front control arm; thereby forming the Ackermann effect over the entire steering range.
- Shock Towers: The shock towers are also made from a special synthetic material with fibers. This material has the required hardness for a race, but also has the necessary flexibility in the event of a hard crash. Both shock towers have numerous mounting points providing numerous fine-tuning options.
- Hex Clamp System: The hexes on the front and rear axles are each secured with a single screw. This means that the pins are secured against falling out and can be changed with a driver.
- “Triple” BigBore Oil Shocks: As the name implies, consist BigBore oil filled shocks are used on the RB6. Three components make up the BigBore shocks: the upper shock cap, the damper housing and the lower damper cap. The shock absorbers are made from high quality aluminum and are characterized by their ease and smoothness. Preload can be adjusted with a fine threaded knurled nut. A special feature of the knurled nut is an O-ring that keeps it in place during the action and movements of racing.
- Springs: X-Gear springs are used front and rear. These springs will go through quality control to ensure proper hardness. Thus, a constant damping characteristic is ensured.
- Body: More than 10 different body styles were tested in the wind tunnel and track testing, to achieve the perfect blend of performance and appearance. Uniting the shapes between performance-oriented designs and cab-forward designs radiates a touch of the first Ultima 20 years ago. The finished result is a high-tech body that ensures the best possible output for any situation.
- 7075 Machined and angled hard anodized aluminum chassis
- Two motor configurations: rear-motor three gear or mid-motor four gear
- Smart battery tray design – Compatible with short, straight and saddle packs with both mid and rear motor setups
- Long Wheelbase – The chassis is now 13mm longer than the order RB5
- Rear gull-wing suspension allowing more agile turns and stability in bumpy terrain
- Velvet coated big bore shocks with X-Gear springs
- X-Gear lubricants
- Redesigned high down-force forward cab body
- Super low CG design
- New steering crank design
Length: 395mm (15.5in)
Width: 249mm (9.8in)
Height: 140mm (5.5in)
Wheelbase: 285mm (11.2in)
Gear Ratio: 2.6:1
Weight: 1620g approx. (w/body)
- Unassembled Chassis
- Clear Body with window masking
- Wheels (front and rear)
- Hex wrench
- Instruction manual
Needed to Complete:
- 2 Channel Radio System
- Steering Servo
- Motor & Electric Speed Control
- Motor Pinion
- LiPo Battery and Compatible Charger
This product was added to our catalog on October 1, 2012.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
Super Saver Shipping!