- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Lynx Heli Goblin 500/550 Stretch Tail Kit (Silver)
This is the silver Lynx Heli Goblin 500/550 Stretch Tail Kit. The Lynx Heli Goblin 500 - 550 Stretch Tail Kit allows you to use larger 550 class blades on your SAB Goblin 500, so it can better compete with larger 550 class helis. With the Lynx Goblin 500 - 550 Stretch Tail Kit, the range of usable main rotor blades is increased up to 556mm with 80mm tail blades (or 550mm main and 86mm tail blades). Using longer main rotor blades not only increases the agility, speed and thrust potential, but also improves rotor disk visibility. Swinging longer blades unlocks unknown potential, allowing you to perform maneuvers with increased stability and response.
The Lynx Goblin 500 - 550 Stretch Tail Kit has been tested with over a hundred flights (even surviving a few crashes), all to ensure the design and materials are more than strong enough to meet the demands. Lynx carried over the unique vertical tail fin and tail case plate for the SAB Goblin 500 that delivers cleaner, more efficient airflow-tail rotor thrust. The extended tail case is similarly constructed with carbon fiber side and top plates, combined with aluminum cross bracing to deliver strength, rigidity and low weight.
Orange and yellow stickers are included to attach to the tail fin for brighter visual reference. Pre-installed flange bearings in the CF side plates cut assembly time to as little as 10 minutes, while Lynx's clever tail servo pushrod extension system allows you to stretch the standard pushrod without even removing or replacing it. High quality Lynx Ultra Dampeners are also included for head speeds above 2000 rpm.
Adding this tail stretch kit is like adding a turbo or supercharger! The Lynx Goblin 500 - 550 Stretch Tail Kit allows you to run a lower rpm head speed, increasing efficiency for longer flights times; or unlock hidden power for even more intense smack flying where maximum pop is required. Standard motor options and a 100A ESC can be used, but for absolute performance Lynx recommends a 4125 with 1100/1200 kv motor and a 120A ESC. Lynx also recommends you reduce the pitch travel by 1.5 degrees and work your way back up with more flight experience and confidence. Main rotor blades are not included in the stretch kit so you can choose the blades you like best.
Click here for installation instructions.
- Up to 16% increase in main rotor disk area.
- Increase main rotor length from 470-500mm up to 556mm.
- Lightweight yet strong 7075 aluminum and 3K 2mm carbon fiber construction.
- Tail fin shape and location optimized for efficient airflow.
- Only 5 grams additional weight with stretch kit parts (*not including main rotor weight)
- Preinstalled flange bearing and easy installation manual for 10 minute assembly time.
- Good center of gravity, but can be perfected with use of 5000mAh battery packs.
- Unlock hidden potential in your SAB Goblin 500.
- (2) G500 Stretch Tail Case Spacer
- (1) G500 Tail Upper
- (1) G500 Stretch Vertical Fin with Flanged Bearing installed
- (1) G500 Stretch Tail Side Plate with Flanged Bearing installed
- (1) G500 Stretch Tail Case Cover Plate
- (1) G500 Stretch Tail Push Rod Extension Adapter (Thread Rod + Bushing)
- (12) Hex Cup Screw M2.5 x 5
- (6) Bottom Hex Cup Screw M2.5 x 6
- (1) Set G500 Lynx Ultra Dampeners
- (2) Vertical Fin Sticker Yellow
- (2) Vertical Fin Sticker Orange
This product was added to our catalog on April 7, 2014.
$1.99 Flat Rate Shipping!