- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Browse All Departments
MIP Bypass1 Shock Valve Kit (12mm Bore - Losi 22 Buggy)
This is an optional MIP Bypass1 Shock Valve Kit, and is intended for use with the Losi 22 1/10 buggy. Bypass1 is MIP's integration of Trophy Truck shock technology into RC car shocks. Using Trophy Truck shocks as a starting point, MIP has developed bypass shock valve technology specifically for RC applications!
The basic flaw in a standard RC car piston design is that as the shock compresses, the oil is forced through the piston holes. As the shock moves faster and more force is applied, the oil cannot travel through the holes fast enough, causing the shocks to pack out and stop working, causing a negative effect on the cars handling. The MIP Bypass1 design regulates the oil transfer from the bottom of the stroke, to the top depending on the amount of velocity and force the shock is subjected to. Bypass1 pistons allow the cars shocks to perform unhindered and provide you with an endless range of adjustability.
How do they work?
Traditional RC shock pistons are designed with orifice holes to meter compression and rebound dampening 50/50. Orifice holes are susceptible to packing (hydraulic lock) at higher shaft speeds which limit traction and handling. Some companies have tried to make pistons which change the compressive and rebound dampening but have always overlooked the issue of packing. Bypass1 meters the oil around the piston to control the rebound dampening. As the piston moves into a Compressive stroke; the oil flows around the piston and moves through the bypass orifices into the valves flexing the valves; which results in bypass.
- Full Scale Bypass technology engineered for RC Race Cars
- Patent-pending Bypass1 technology meters oil around shock piston to control rebound dampening
- Variable valve settings can help eliminate packing (hydraulic lock) common with stock shock pistons
- Precision machined pistons made from bearing grade plastics
- Color coded valves for easy set-up and assembly
- Octagon shaped pistons to reduce drag and keep the piston guided in the shock bore
- Dyno tested to match the rebound flow of stock pistons
- Direct replacement for stock shock pistons, no modifications necessary
- Designed for use with 1/10 Losi 12mm bore buggy shocks
- 100% Quality made in the USA! Patents-pending USA and abroad
This product was added to our catalog on July 25, 2012.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
$1.99 Flat Rate Shipping!