- My Shopping Cart
- Total: $0.00
Novak "Vented " Ballistic 550 Brushless "Short Course" Motor (4.5T/5000kV)
This is the Novak "Vented" Ballistic 4.5T (5000kV), 550 Size, Brushless "Short Course" Electric Motor. 4x4 Short Course racing pushes the limits of your equipment. To combat the high temps and demands of the modern 4x4 Short Course race day, Novak is introducing the Vented Ballistic 550 Brushless Motor 4.5 turn motor. This is the same motor that has been powering drivers to the top of short course podiums across the racing world, but with the added value and performance of Novak’s vented end bells. The vents allow the motor to release the hot air which reduces the motor’s operating temperature and increases the motor’s overall performance.
Novak Ballistic 550 Brushless Motors are the first 550-sized motors designed specifically for short course competition and will easily outperform traditional 540-sized motors. The Ballistic 550s are more powerful because of their extra long stator and rotor magnet. In fact, the stator and rotor magnet are twice the length of 540-sized motors, which equals twice the torque when compared to the equivalent 540 motor. More torque, means more speed!
Additionally, these larger-sized motors run cooler and more efficiently than their 540 counterparts. These high-powered motors are the top choice at small, indoor race tracks and easily install into OFNA’s Hyper 10 SC, OFNA’s Jammin’ SCRT 10, and the Traxxas’ Slash 4X4 Short Course Trucks, as well as other 1/10-scale short course trucks. In addition to the low-speed driveability and no cogging, the sensor-based Ballistic 550s have been fitted with rugged 5mm output shafts for maximum resilience and race life while offering smooth and controlled power delivery.
BALLISTIC MEANS VERSATILITY:
Novak Ballistic 550 motors are completely rebuildable and feature interchangeable wound stator construction. A stator swap allows for easier experimentation at the track and cuts down on racing costs. Additionally, all of Novak’s Ballistic 550s feature a replaceable rotor, front end bell, sensor harness, bearings and other replaceable items.
- Twice the stator length of 540-size brushless motors for extreme power and torque needed for 4x4 Short Course vehicles, monster trucks, and extreme power enthusiasts
- Vented end bells for cooler operating motor temperatures resulting in faster speeds and longer run-times
- Sensor-based system for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Oversized 5mm front bearing for increased load handling and bearing life
- Rebuildable design with replaceable sensor harness, rotor, sensor board, hand-wound stator, sleeve, both end bells, ball bearings, and hardware
- Adjustable motor timing to allow fine tuning of motor feel and power band
- Removable shielded sensor harness plugs into a silicone-sealed gasket to keep dirt and debris from damaging the motor’s sensor plug, and keeps your sensor harness secure
- Nickel-plated, sintered Neodymium rotor with a rugged 5mm output shaft that is compatible with Novak Mod 1 and 32-pitch steel pinion gears
- Designed to meet ROAR specifications for 4WD Short Course racing
Number of turns: 4.5T
Design: Sensor-based (compatible with any sensored brushless ESC)
Input Voltage: 2S Li-Po
Magnet: One-piece, multi-pole Sintered Neodymium
kV (unloaded): 5,000 RPM/Volt
Motor size: Length - 2.84” (72.1mm); Diameter - 1.41” (35.8mm)
Shaft diameter: 5mm
Rotor diameter: 12.3mm
Motor weight: 9.8 oz. (277.8 grams)
This product was added to our catalog on February 6, 2014.
Customers that bought this also purchased...
Super Saver Shipping!
|You Save:||$42.01 (23%)|