Chico, Ca, December 19, 2012 – A Main Hobbies announces the ProTek RC Dual Power Bus Advanced Linear Voltage Regulator (part# ptk-4000). Protect your aircraft from voltage spikes and switching noise with this low profile, easy to mount unit. The case is an aluminum heatsink that effectively dissipates heat. An external switchboard with a one-watt LED can be mounted outside the aircraft’s fuselage to signal when the low-voltage threshold has been reached. There is also an audible alarm to signal when the power system’s voltage is too low. All of the unit’s cables, switches and the LED are individual modules that can be extended, removed or replaced. ProTek’s Dual Power Bus Voltage Regulator can be used with all radio systems including PPM, PCM, and 2.4Ghz.
Click here for the product page: ProTek RC Dual Power Bus Voltage Regulator
- Prevents switching noise and voltage ripples that are common with switch type regulators
- Provides superior voltage and current stability, and transient response against load variation
- Works with all radio systems including PPM, PCM and 2.4GHz
- Factory installed XT-60 connector
- Large heatsink and aluminum lower case allows the regulator to be safely operated in areas with minimal airflow
- Adjustable Output voltage setup offers five preset voltage ranges; 5.2V, 6.0V, 6.8V, 7.4V, 8.4V (bypass)
- The low voltage alarm circuit can be set from 7.3V to 6.5V, or disarmed
- Both the LOW/BATT LED display (display on middle case) and the buzzer on the main unit are triggered when the battery voltage falls below the voltage threshold
- Separate noise filtered output voltages are available for the CCPM channels and the receiver and are adjustable from 5.4V to 8.4V allowing optimum and safe use of high voltage CCPM servos and low voltage tail servos
- When the failsafe is triggered, the regulator will bypass itself to prevent an accident caused by a low voltage condition
- All cables, switches and LED unit are individual modules so they can be extended, removed or replaced
Please direct dealer inquiries through Swift Distributing. You can find Swift Distributing on the internet at http://www.swiftdistributing.com/
About ProTek R/C
ProTek R/C, an A Main Hobbies brand, was founded in 2004 as a line of bearings. Now with a catalog of over 850 different products, ProTek R/C offers batteries, chargers, and accessories for radio controlled cars, trucks, helicopters, and airplanes. ProTek R/C products are available to hobby shops through Swift Distributing. The company's Web address is http://www.protekrc.com.
About A Main Hobbies
A Main Hobbies is a leading Internet retailer of radio controlled cars, trucks, helicopters and airplanes. Founded in early 2004, A Main Hobbies has rapidly become one of the largest Internet retailers in the country. A Main Hobbies prides itself on having the products customers need, when they need it, and providing first class customer service and product support. A Main Hobbies is a division of Good Time Hobbies, Inc., a privately held California Corporation. The company's Web address is http://www.amain.com.
Like A Main Hobbies on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/amainhobbies
Follow @AMainHobbies on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/amainhobbies
Check Out +AMainHobbies on Google+: http://plus.google.com/100262035629488108932
Watch A Main Hobbies’ videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/AMainHobbiesVideos
Jason Sams, PR Coordinator
Office: (530) 894-0797