Chico, California, March 3, 2011 – A Main Hobbies announces two new Protek R/C chargers, "Prodigy 610" and "Prodigy 610 DUO," two high-powered chargers ready to tackle the toughest charging duties. "Prodigy 610" and "Prodigy 610 DUO" have the power you need to get your batteries charged fast, with the features, reliability, and customer support you've come to expect from ProTek R/C!
"Prodigy 610" and both charging outputs of "Prodigy 610 DUO" are capable of supplying 200W, each with an internal balance port and temperature sensor port so you can charge your batteries quickly and safely. Both chargers feature a 5V, 1000mA USB port will allow you to charge any USB device conveniently at your work space, while the PC Link port gives you the option to monitor and log overall pack voltage, temperature, current and total capacity. An intuitive touch-sensitive navigation panel on both chargers will allow you to make your way through the charger menus without worrying about buttons malfunctioning due to debris, and the blue backlit LCD display with white characters offers clear visibility in any environment.
"Prodigy 610" and each channel of "Prodigy 610 DUO" can handle LiPo, LiFe, and Li-ion batteries up to 6S; up to 18-cell NiCd and NiMH batteries; and 2-24V lead-acid batteries. With the ability to fast charge, balance charge, and storage charge lithium cells, you can tailor the charge process to suit your needs, while individual cell voltage can be monitored during balance mode charging so you can identify an imbalance in the cells and spot a weak cell before it becomes a problem. "Prodigy 610" features include a single fan cooling system that will keep the charger cool, while "Prodigy 610 DUO" has dual internal fans that use a push-pull design to control charging temperatures even when working at maximum capacity.
- Optimized Operating Software: An optimized “Auto” function controls the charge rate during the charging and discharging process. This will help to prevent damage due to user error. If there is a malfunction, the circuit will be disconnected automatically and an alarm will sound. All operating modes are controlled through a two-way communication process between the charger and the battery in order to maintain maximum safety, and all settings can be configured by the user.
- Internal Lithium Battery Balancer: "Prodigy 610" and each channel of "Prodigy 610 DUO" features an individual cell voltage balancer. An external balancer is not required for balance charging.
- Individual Cell Discharge Balancing: When discharging, each cell is monitored and balanced individually. If the voltage of any cell is abnormal, an error message will be displayed and the process will be terminated.
- Lithium Battery Adaptability: Compatible with the three most common Lithium battery types: LiPo, Li-ion, and LiFe.
- Multiple Lithium Battery Charge Modes: Programming allows Fast Charge, Balance Charge or Storage Charge Modes for LiPo, Li-ion, and LiFe batteries.
- “Fast” Charge Mode: Reduces charging time, but does not balance the cells and charges the battery to approximately 90% capacity.
- “Balance” Charge Mode: Monitors individual cell voltage, keeps the cells within an acceptable voltage range and charges the pack to peak capacity.
- “Storage” Charge Mode: Used for long-term battery storage. Adjusts the voltage level so the battery will not be damaged during storage.
- Maximum Safety Through Delta-Peak Technology: The automatic charge termination program uses Delta-Peak voltage detection. When the battery's voltage exceeds the threshold, the process will be terminated automatically.
- Automatic Charging Current Limit: The upper limit of the charge current can be set for charging NiCd or NiMH batteries. This is useful for NiMH batteries with low resistance and capacity in the 'AUTO' charging mode.
- Temperature Threshold: The batteries internal chemical reaction can cause the temperature of the battery to rise during charging. If the temperature limit is reached, the charging process will be terminated. This function is only available when using the temperature probe, and its parameters are user-specified.
- Processing Time Limit: The user can set the maximum charging time. If the charging time exceeds the limit, the process will be terminated automatically.
- 10 User Presets: Customize 10 individual presets, each with different parameters set for a particular battery type. This allows the user to "call up" the settings for a particular batterywithout additional programming needed.
- Cyclic Charging/Discharging: Batteries can be set Charge/Discharge or Discharge/Charge for up to 5 cycles.
Operating Voltage Range: 11-18V DC
Max Charge Power: 200W (DUO: per channel)
Max Discharge Power: 25W (DUO: per channel)
Charge Current Range: 0.1-10.0A
Discharge Current Range: 0.1-5.0A
Current Drain for Balancing LiPo/Li-ion/LiFe: 200mA/cell
LiPo/Li-ion/LiFe Cell Count: 1-6 cells
NiCd/NiMH Battery Cell Count: 1-18 cells
Pb Battery Voltage: 2V-24V (1-10 cells)
Net Weight (610/610 DUO): 607g / 727g
: 150x116.5x53mm / 200x135x57mm
About ProTek R/C
ProTek R/C, an A Main Hobbies brand, was founded in 2004 as a line of bearings. Now with a catalog of over 700 different products, ProTek R/C offers batteries, chargers, and accessories for radio controlled cars, trucks, helicopters, and airplanes. ProTek R/C products are available to hobby shops through Swift Distributing.
About A Main Hobbies
A Main Hobbies is a leading Internet retailer of radio controlled cars, trucks, helicopters and airplanes. Founded in early 2004, A Main Hobbies has rapidly become one of the largest Internet retailers in the country. A Main Hobbies prides itself on having the products customers’ need, when they need it, and providing first class customer service and product support. A Main Hobbies is a division of Good Time Hobbies, Inc., a privately held California Corporation. The company's Web address is http://www.amain.com.