This is the JConcepts Associated B44.2 "X-Flow Finnisher" Illuzion Body. JConcepts jumped on the competition in Chico, California with a body designed specifically for the IFMAR World Championships. Designed with aspects learned from the original Finnisher, the X-Flow provides additional air-flow relief areas that impact motor and electrical cooling directly, which remain crucial to performance. With the evolution of race tracks, complicated circuits combining more aggressive jumps and extremely high-speed corners; JConcepts incorporated many features which provide several benefits in the most critical situations.
As with all Finnisher bodies, the increased windshield angle provides a steady force upfront during mid-flight wind gusts on large jumps. Forward cab placement changes performance/visible bias which helps steering rotation in low traction corners. The side-pods have been simplified and JC chamfered to remove unwanted changes in height to neutralize the at-speed handling. The chassis to body fit have been tightened up which eliminates empty voids that contribute to mid-flight direction changes. The rear of the cab has a step feature which allows the placement of a secondary side window and also a louver which can be trimmed to allow air to escape at the top of the body. The X-flow has deeper pockets near the front of the side-pods and just behind the cab which allow cut-out options for better cooling.
The X-Flow Finnisher body quickly rose to the top of the field during competition settling into the 2nd, 4th and 6th place grid positions in the 2013 Worlds A-final. As a crowning achievement, Steven Hartson drove his B44.2 topped with X-Flow Finnisher body to the 2013 IFMAR World Championships by winning A1 and A3 to secure the prestigious title at Silver Dollar Raceway. The B44.2 X-Flow body is a drop fit for the vehicle and provides the aggressive look, fit and finish to the World Championship Team Associated B44.2 buggy. In addition to the body, JConcepts has included 2 of the latest 6.5" wide Hi-Clearance rear wings used by Steven Hartson to take the IFMAR Championship in the 4wd class.
- Original - JConcepts X-Flow Finnisher B44.2 design
- Additional air-flow relief areas added for improved motor and electrical cooling
- Chassis to body fit have been tightened up eliminating empty voids that contribute to mid-flight direction changes
- Rear of the cab has a step feature which allows the placement of a secondary side window and also a louver which can be trimmed to allow air to escape at the top of the body
- Blended wing / body design
- JConcepts X-Flow Finnisher B44.2 Body
- (2) 6.5" wide Hi-Clearance wings
- Clear polycarbonate with protective film
- Window masks and decal sheet