This is the Novak GTB 3 Racing Brushless Electronic Speed Control. Novak’s original competition brushless ESC has returned for a 3rd generation of updates and improvements, and is guaranteed to become a favorite among racers, bashers, and budget-minded enthusiasts. The GTB 3 ESC retains complete on-board programming for quick track side adjustments, One-Touch Set-Up for easy transmitter pairing, NovaBrakes for incredible braking power, and the race-proven X-Drive for ultra-smooth throttle response. These standard features are combined with a host of hardware changes that make the GTB3 a more robust and efficient design that delivers awesome race proven performance at an amazing price point.
Hardware updates to the GTB 3 include a completely integrated bank of power capacitors (i.e. no more external power cap!). This power capacitor bank is directly mounted to the power board and delivers power to the motor more effectively. More effective delivery of power means more performance. Racers and testers have reported a lower ESC operating temperature and more consistent throttle and brake response with the GTB 3’s robust hardware design. Additionally, full size JST receiver wires have been added. The standard sized plug and connector improve power delivery to the receiver and servo under the heavy loads of metal gear servos and ultra-fast 2.4 radio systems.
THE IDEAL SPEC ESC
Novak’s GTB 2 platform has been a staple at race tracks all over the world. The GTB 3 ESC offers the perfect ESC for almost any class of racing from local Sportsman club racing, to Pro Modified 4X4 Short Course, to any form of on-road racing. The GTB 3 excels in the non-ramping /non-timing Spec Classes and can easily handle the demands of modified 540 and 550-sized motors. It has no built-in timing or motor-ramping features so there is no need to worry about firmware versions, lights or blinks. The GTB 3 is designed to be Spec Legal!
READY TO INSTALL OUT OF THE BOX
The GTB 3 has no electronic timing option and is Spec racing, or "blinky" mode ready. Novak engineers worked closely with team drivers to optimize the default profile for maximum performance in Spec class racing. For additional trackside tuning, the GTB 3 has eleven adjustable parameters to dial in the perfect feel and performance. The GTB 3 is ready out of the box and comes with genuine Novak 14-gauge wire pre-installed from the factory. For heavy-duty applications, the GTB 3 includes a cooling fan that can be mounted on the full-coverage heat sink and plugged into the ESC for power.
Customers and team drivers who have used X-Drive in side-by-side comparisons report a noticeable performance advantage. Novak X-Drive not only makes your speed control more efficient, it may very well make you faster and put you on the podium! Novak-developed X-Drive™ is a revolutionary motor-firing technology that delivers unmatched performance and provides:
LOADED WITH FEATURES
- Unparalleled throttle response
- Smooth and controlled brakingwith programmable power level
- Cooler operating temperatures
- Faster lap times
- More power for nearly all applications
The GTB 3 has everything you need. If you want to fine-tune the feel and response of the ESC, there are 11 on-board adjustments using the One-Touch button. There is no complicated PC programming or use of external programming devices. Adjustments are fast and easy and can be dialed in anywhere for the ultimate flexibility. The GTB 3 also features NovaBrakes™. This revolutionary braking system provides instantaneous and unbelievably smooth brake response for every application. The GTB 3 includes a new Brake Power setting which allows easy and precise control of the ESC's overall braking bower. Rather than using the transmitter's settings, the GTB 3 has its own brake EPA settings so that high speed braking is adjusted directly in the ESC. The tuning options are endless!
ADDED PROTECTION AND ENHANCED MONITORING
NOVAK BUILT AND SUPPORTED
- Low-Voltage Protection: A low-voltage LiPo protection segment monitors the LiPo pack’s voltage thousands of times per second and prevents the pack from ever falling below the critical safety voltage.
- Thermal Protection: The ESC keeps tabs on its core operating temperature and will back down its power to prevent the ESC from overheating.
- On-Board Temperature Diagnostics: With a quick tap of the One-Touch button, multi-colored LEDs will indicate how hot the ESC is for instant temperature information. No external device is needed.
- Error Sensing: The ESC provides additional feedback via multi-colored LEDs, allowing for quicker trouble-shooting.
- Motor Lock-Up Protection: If your drive train or motor becomes bound up or jammed, the ESC will detect this and cut the power to prevent damage.
- Hall Effect Sensor Test: This built-in test allows you to confirm that your motor's sensors and sensor harness are in good working order.
Novak takes pride in its manufacturing facility in Lake Forest, California and also with its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak GTB 3 Racing Brushless ESC is assembled and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards. All Novak products are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff and race team.
- Designed specifically for all forms of 1/10th scale racing
- Sensor-based ESC for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Eleven adjustable parameters to maximize performance on the track: Drag Brake (10 settings), Minimum Brake (10 settings), Brake Power (10 settings), Drive Frequency (10 settings), Brake Frequency (10 settings), Minimum Drive (10 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Reverse Disable, Motor Rotation, Voltage Cut-Off, Trans/Receiver Rate.
- Novak X-Drive™ provides enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures
- NovaBrakes™ provide instantaneous braking under any condition, with added Brake Power Level adjustment (0-100%)
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
- Robust, 3-amp true-spec BEC for strong and fast steering response under any condition
- Designed to meet ROAR Sportsman Class Racing specifications (pending approval)
- Highly water-resistant case with protective silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Built-in power capacitor bank delivers power to the motor more effectively
- M12 SSR Mode to take advantage of the super high-speed frame rate of the Airtronics' M12 transmitter when used with an SSR receiver
- Built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry prevents damage to LiPo/LiFe batteries
- On-board diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time
- Thermal overload protection circuitry to protect from overheating
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- Cross-cut ESC heat sink for reduced weight and efficient cooling
- Gold-plated direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
- User-replaceable input and switch harnesses
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality, support and warranty (120 days)
- Designed, assembled, and tested by Novak Electronics in Lake Forest, California using the best components from around the globe. All ESCs are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the track!
Motor Type: Sensored Brushless
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
Input Cells (LiPo/Ni-MH): 1*-2S LiPo/LiFe or 4-6 NiMH (For 1S applications, a receiver battery pack or receiver booster such as Novak's NOV5477 1S Booster Module is recommended)
Size (in/mm): 1.16x1.47x0.96" (29.5 x 37.3 x 24.4mm)
Weight (oz/g): 1.42 oz. (40.4 g)
On-Resistance (ohms): 0.00040 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
Motor Limit: 540-Size: 3.5-turn or higher sensored; 550-Size: 4.5-turn or higher sensored
BEC (volts / amps): 6.0 volts DC / 3.0 amps
Wire Size (GA): 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Status LEDs: 5, multi-colored