This is the Novak M2 Dig ESC, and Rock Star Expert 45 Turn Brushed Motor Rock Crawler Combo. Picture the functionality and utility of two Novak crawling speed controls combined with Novak’s Dig Unit; now, imagine it in one highly programmable, affordable speed control and you get the revolutionary M2 Dig 3S Dual Brush ESC! This controller combines 6 adjustable parameters with its solid performance, including a separated drag brake and dig function. But, the M2 Dig 3S does not require any additional programming to be competitive. It comes out of the box with default settings that can be used by a majority of crawling enthusiasts, providing you with a package that truly is ready to install & crawl!
With the addition of two brushed crawler motors, the M2 Dig controls both motors and performs dig maneuvers. In addition to the standard Dig Mode, the M2 features a Proportional Dig Mode which allows you to dial-in partial Dig power on the fly for even finer control and precise maneuverability through tricky terrain. It also features an exceptional control on steep inclines and descents. Plus, the built-in electronic Dig Power is independently adjustable from the Hill/Drag Braking. This truly unique speed control supports both 2S and 3S LiPo!
Because of its unique features, the M2 Dig 3S is perfect for the Axial XR10! The M2 Dig 3S ESC has no equal when used in Motor-On-Axle vehicles, exceeding the performance of traditional two-system setups. The M2 ESC is also compatible with other dual-MOA vehicles, such as EnRoute’s Berg, Integy’s Super and Unlimited Class crawlers, as well as Clod Buster based vehicles. In addition to crawling applications, the M2 Dig 3S ESC is ideal for applications that require two motors, such as robots, boats, tanks and submarines.
A SPECIALIZED DIG
The compact M2 Dig ESC is easy to install and operate. There are three fully programmable throttle profiles: Dig Mode, Proportional Dig Mode and Single Output Mode.
- Proportional Dig Mode: This completely original mode uses a transmitter's third channel that is proportional (button or dial), allowing drivers to vary the amount of Dig Power being applied to the motor. This innovative feature provides seemingly endless fine tuning of the Dig for the ultimate vehicle control.
- Dig Mode: Uses Dig Power (independent of Drag Brake) to lock one motor at a time.This mode requires a proportional switch or a simple three-position switch to operate.
- Single Output Mode: For applications with single motors or operation without a 3-channel transmitter. In this mode all four motor power wires can be soldered to one brush motor for higher performance, or connect two motors and control them both at the same time.
The powerful speed control also comes equipped with instant reverse via Novak’s Zero Reverse Delay, which provides immediate power delivery in both forward and reverse directions. Also included are two different-colored external LED indicator lights that visibly display when a motor is locked.
NO MODIFICATIONS NECESSARY
Like Novak’s Electronic Dig Unit, the M2 Dig 3S ESC does not require any vehicle modifications to install or operate. Simply plug it into any three-channel surface receiver, and you’re ready to crawl! This ESC is not only easy to install into a vehicle, but when compared with a Dual ESC setup, the M2 allows crawlers to use top of the line crawling technology with just one speed control. The M2 Dig 3S ESC is easily programmed into most three-channel transmitters, such as the Spektrum DX3R DSM2 3CH Surface Radio, Airtronics' M8 and M11, and the Traxxas (TQ-3) Transmitter.
ROCK STAR EXPERT CRAWLING BRUSHED MOTORS
These brushed crawler motors replace Novak's previous 45T and 55T Brushed motors with newer and more durable technology for problem free crawling. They are Sagami built using the highest quality materials and are available in high turn counts (35T, 45T, and 55T) for maximum torque and long run times! The Rock Stars are completely rebuildable with an easily accessible commutator, as well as replaceable brushes and springs. The brushed motor is also outfitted with dual-ball bearings for a smooth and efficient ride, and high strength magnets for unmatched brush-motor performance and the motors are thoroughly tested by Novak to ensure peak performance.
M2 Dig 3S Features:
- Fully programmable, user-friendly interface with five adjustable parameters: Drag Brake (10 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Minimum Drive (10 settings), Drive Frequency (10 settings) and Battery Type Selection (3 settings – Li-Po, Li-Fe and NiMH)
- Three throttle profiles: Dig Mode, Proportional Dig Mode and Single Output Mode
- Independently powers the front or rear motors in a dual-motor crawler vehicle
- Operates on both 2S and 3S applications
- Instant reverse via Novak's Zero Reverse Delay providing immediate power delivery in both forward and reverse.
- Internal high-voltage 5-Amp Linear BEC (2S)
- Universal JST Input Plug for Ch.2 and Ch. 3, which fits all popular brand receivers
- Water-resistant case with gasket seal
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Features a set of power output pins for running cooling fans, auxilary lights, scale winchces, etc.
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Warranty
- Designed and assembled by Novak in Irvine, Calif., using globally-sourced components
Rock Star Motor Features:
- Specifically designed for R/C vehicles that require precise movement control
- High number of turns for excellent torque and long-run times
- Easily accessible commutator for easy maintenance
- Direct-Solder Wiring Tabs for flexible soldering options
- Sagami Built in Japan
- Tested by Novak in Irvine, Calif.
M2 Dig 3S Specifications:
Input Voltage: 2-3 Li-Po/Li-Fe cells or 4-9 NiMH cells (1.2V/cell)
On-Resistance (dual motor): 0.0016 ohm. at 25 degrees C trans. temp.
On-Resistance (single motor): 0.0008 ohm. at 25 degrees C trans. temp.
ESC Footprint: 1.16” x 1.47” x 0.97" (29.5 x 37.3 x 24.6 mm)
ESC Weight (w/o wires): 1.30 oz. (36.9g)
Motor Limit: 27-turn (Single), 33-turn (Dual) 540-sized dual brushed motors
BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 5.0 amps
Status LEDs: 4 on-board; 2 external
Voltage Cut-Off: 6.25V (2S Li-Po), 9.38V (3S Li-Po) (Automatic)
Power Wires: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Rock Star 45T Specifications:
Number of Turns: 45 (#3547)
Design: Stand-up Brushed
Input Voltage: 2S Li-Po cells or 4-7 cells (1.2V/cell)
Motor Size: 2.07" x 1.42" (52.7 x 36.1 mm)
Shaft Diameter: 0.125" (3.2 mm) [accepts all 1/8" pinion gears]
Bearing: Standard 3/8" x 1/8"
Motor Weight: 5.97 oz., 169 grams
Magnet: High-Strengh Ferrite