This is the Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro 1/10 Electronic Speed Control with 9000kV Brushless Motor Combo Package. This package brings the best of sensored as well as sensorless ESC technology together with a high quality sensorless motor to create an awesome combo for serious 1/10th scale enthusiasts.
Operating at up to 6S, the SmartSense equipped Mamba Max Pro can handle nearly twice the power of the market standard Mamba Max! SmartSense uses the motor sensors to start the motor and then it switches over to Castle’s ultra powerful and efficient dynamic sensorless mode which boosts motor efficiency. Simply put, you’ll get more power and less heat from your motor. Sensored Only mode runs sensored motors using sensored timing only.
CHEAT MODE, Castle’s High Energy Advanced Timing allows users to electronically advance their sensored motor’s timing to extreme settings. This can often yield just that extra bit of power needed to win the race. Be careful–extra power comes with extra motor heat!
Castle’s Sensorless controllers offer best in class start up and braking which are fine for most users. Sensored only motor operation cannot deliver maximum efficiency. Sensors are also terribly inaccurate for motor timing purposes because the motor’s magnetic fields change under load or at speed; that’s where Sensorless operation shines. Sensorless is also more dependable. There are fewer wires and connections that need to survive the incredibly rough treatment most RC cars and trucks endure.
Sensored operation is required by the racing world’s rules, but it also offers slightly better start up and braking performance. Because of this, the Mamba Max Pro has been designed to offer the ultimate in flexibility and can be used with sensored motors as well: use it with all your 1/10th motors, sensored or sensorless!
Castle worked with motor guru Steve Neu to change the CM36 series motor from a slotless design to one with a 1.4 inch diameter slotted stator. He then changed the single neodymium rotor magnet from a 2 pole donut to a 4 magnet, four pole rotor for more torque. Throw in better manufacturing, high quality bearings and a removable end bell and you have the new 1406 series of high performance motors from Castle. The end result is an all new motor that cranks out 30% more torque with all the efficiency and endurance that Castle is known for.
- 6S (25.2 volts) max input voltage
- Switching BEC powers your radio and servo all the way up to the 6S max input. Users may select the output for any voltage between 5V and 7V.
- Durable case and cooling fan to protect and cool the controller during hard off-road action
- Ready to Run: Mamba Max Pro is ready to run out of the box.
- Castle Link Compatible: Like all Castle controllers, the Mamba Max Pro may also be “tuned” for the drivers’ preferences in the throttle curve, brake strength, reversing modes and more. Access these features with the CASTLE LINK USB connector (sold separately) and a PC for even more versatility.
- Sensored/Sensorless ESC 10th scale; ROAR legal
- Switching BEC allows up to 6S lipo
- Built-in Cooling Fan
Cells: 6s LiPo
Brake: Proportional w/adjustable curve
Reversible: Yes w/lockout
Low Voltage Cutoff: Programmable
Size (LxWxH): 1.79x1.44x0.85” (45.5x36.5x21.5mm)
Weight w/wires: 81g (2.8 oz)
Connector: 4mm bullet
Input Voltage: 7 Cell NiCad/NiMh MAX - 2S LiPo MAX
Size: 1.4" dia. x 1.9"
Weight (w/wires): 5.9oz (169.5g)
Shaft Size: Standard 1/8" (3.2mm)
Bearings: Oversize ABEC-1 front and rear
Connector Type: 4mm gold connectors