This is the Novarossi VIR-TUS.21 9-Port .21 Competition On Road Engine. Certified according to both European and World rules, the VIR-TUS.21 engine is guaranteed to shake things up in 1/8 on road. The most unique and original feature found on the VIR-TUS.21 is an internationally patented carburetor position that has been offset from the engines center line. This unique design helps to improve the fuel flow through the crankcase intake and crankshaft, delivering improved balance, efficiency and power delivery. Another unique feature found on the VIR-TUS is the 6-bolt "Evolution 3" cooling head, providing a better seal between the sleeve, head button and crankcase. When you combine these features with Novarossi's patented 9-port sleeve, and a slugged/ramped crankshaft, the VIR-TUS is guaranteed to set new standards in the world of 1/8 scale on-road engines.
Recommended Tuned Pipes: 51009, 51010, 51011
- Carburetor: The offset carburetor position provides improved flow through the crankase's intake, delivering improved fuel efficiency and a better power curve.
- Rear Ball Bearing: The design of the ball bearing features a narrow inner race, reducing the inertia of the rotating mass and increasing the engine's scavenging ability. The bearing, combined with the re-designed case provide increased throttle response and higher top speeds.
- Cooling Head: The 'Lighter & Lower Evolution 3' cooling head has been drilled and milled out to reduce the mass of the cooling head, lowering the Center of Gravity of the engine/car. The use of 6 screws instead of 4 provides a better seal between the sleeve, head button and the crankcase.
- Crankshaft: The slugged and ramped crankshaft reduces the vibration produced by the rotating and alternating masses.
- Sleeve: The patented 9-port sleeve features a special shape and positioning of the ports with a boost port exhaust system. This improves the internal fluid-dynamics to deliver maximum performance.
- Gasket: The inner shape of the gasket has been redesigned to allow the use of more material and when combined with an updated material is more resistant to high temperatures.
- Conrod: The R7 conrod is machined from a super light aluminum that has been checked ultrasonically. The unique shape of the R7 rod creates less turbulence inside the engine.
- Backplate: The shape of the rear cover helps to optimize the crankcase filling and reduces dead space. The steel plate helps to reduce friction and increases the life of the rod.
Recommended Manifold: 41015, 41016, 41017
Recommended Glow Plug:
- C7TGF: For ambient temperature - 32°F/50°F (0°C/10°C)
- C8TGH: For ambient temperature - 50°F/104°F (10°C/40°C)
Displacement: 3.49 cc
R.P.M. (max power): 41,000 RPM
Practical Range: 6,000-46,800 R.P.M.
Bore x Stroke: 15.88 x 17.60mm
Sleeve: 9 ports
Rear Ball Bearing: Ceramic
Front Ball Bearing: Steel
Crankshaft: 14.5mm - tuned - turbo
Carburetor: Aluminum - 9mm - slide
Glowplug: Turbo (C8TGH)
Exhaust Position: Rear
Fuel Type: 25% nitro