This is the O.S. Max 30VG (P) Rear Exhaust Non Pull Start Monster Truck Engine with Pilot Type Crankshaft. The power for climbing. The speed for racing. The engine for both!
Torque — or speed. Time was that an 1/8 scale engine was designed for one or the other. However, monster trucks and truggies need both — and that requires the O.S. 30VG. With its virtually perfect balance of bore-to-stroke, the 30VG offers unrivaled adaptability for 1/8 scale and the perfect power plant for almost any application. Put it in a monster truck or truggy and it excels. Put it up against .21s, .25s and .28s, and it blows them away in big-block performance — and drops into the spaces they occupied for easy, no-mod retro-fits. Engineered for 1/8 scale — designed and tested for O.S. dependability on-road or off!
This is the version of the engine that will work with the HPI Savage line of monster trucks that utilize a roto start starting system. The pre-installed E.S. Starter backplate is designed to use with the HPI Savage or the HPI Roto Starter System.
- Available in three SG-crank versions, including a recoil start model and an SR model purpose-designed for the HPI Savage.
- Rear-exhaust design.
- Machined aluminum piston.
- Double-bushed, tapered aluminum conrod for minimal wear and weight.
- 3-port liner.
- Oversized balanced crankshaft for added strength and smooth, vibration-free operation.
- Rubber-sealed front bearing reduces teardowns — enlarged rear bearing minimizes vibration and improves load-bearing capacity.
- Insulated carb sleeve prevents heat-related vaporization and predetonation.
- Rubber shaft boot preserves smooth, easy slide-valve operation.
- Same mounting dimensions as .21 size engines making upgrading easier
- Advanced Bi-Metallic Liner (ABL) cylinder liner construction. This process uses a double layer of plating material rather than one thick layer. This helps the metal bond to the cylinder and is more durable. Also, the plating process is more consistent, resulting in a more precise fit between piston and sleeve for better compression and longer life.
- Machined aluminum piston, 3-port cylinder liner and double bushed knife edge connecting rod
- 21E single needle Slide Valve Carburetor (OSMG2456) with insulated sleeve to prevent fuel vaporization
- SG (pilot) type oversized crankshaft with rubber-sealed front bearing and oversized rear bearing to handle high torque loads
- Two year limited warranty
- O.S. Max 30VG (P) Electric Start Rear Exhaust Monster Truck Engine with Illustrated Manual
- O.S. #8 Glow Plug
- O.S. #203 Air Filter
- Two Foam Filters
- Two air filter o-rings