This is a pair of two AKA Racing Pre-Mounted Wishbone Short Course Tires, in Clay rubber compound, and are intended for use with the Team Associated SC10 4x4 1/10 scale short course truck. The SC Wishbone is the first specific indoor or hard packed tire for Short Course racing. On its very first race debut it took a convincing win at the 2010 Cactus Classic in the Pro-2 event. They are an ideal choice for cold, hard pack, blue groove track surfaces with a clean, dust free racing line. The tire is made specific for the 2.2/3.0 inch wheels that are common on all Short Course trucks. The Wishbones center bars and smaller pins gives the tire a huge advantage on hard pack or indoor conditions giving the truck more forward and side bite. All of AKA SC tires feature a unique inner carcass ribbing that supports the outer sidewall to the wheel and also captures the foam. This gives the tire a consistent feel across the width of the tire.
The latest addition to AKA's proprietary compounds is the indoor or "clay" compound. After 2 years of research and development, the compound has been finely tuned to create maximum traction and performance on clay tracks.
- Includes: Two pre-mounted tires with AKA closed cell inserts
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it's a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.
- Assembly Quality: AKA Pre-Mounts are all hand assembled using AKA Premium tire glue and are double checked for adhesion quality. There is no doubt AKA has the best pre-mounts in the industry.
- Red Insert (Soft): The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.