This is an optional Avid RC RC8.2 Hard Anodized Rear Shock Tower. Avid RC shock towers provide you with the all the trick modifications that the pros and that guy that beat you last weekend are using. No more having to drill out inserts to get that camber link mod* and no more drilling your rear shock tower to get that ever popular 0 hole! The AVID towers were designed with these features included so you can get straight to pimping your ride. Avid has also removed the outer shock mount hole on the towers, making them more compact. In doing so, they added an inside hole for the you testers out there to find some new setups and slightly optimized the rear hole positions by shifting them.
These parts fit every RC8 version ever made however it is recommended to only use the front tower in conjunction with the new AE vertical spindle system. The stock molded caster blocks do not offer the support for the camber link mod.
*NOTE: Camber Link Mod will require you to supply your own rod ends.
- CNC machined 7075 hard-anodized aluminum with the appealing chamfered edge look.
- Designed for use with a front camber link modification (suggest using with the AE Vertical Spindle Set).
- Fine tuning of the rear roll center by offering a tighter set of camber link positions, including the popular 0 hole modification.
- Clearance for the larger HB/GHEA shock caps and Kyosho shocks.
- Shock tower set weighs 47.9g (Stock aluminum towers weight 54.6g, Carbon 40.6g)
- Start with #3 hole in front (similar to 1 insert), #3 hole in rear (exactly the same as 1 hole on stock tower). For your shock locations Avid suggests the outside hole which is most similar with the middle holes on the stock towers.
- You will need to dremel a little bit of material from the diff case where the tower ears are located so whichever rod end you choose to use doesn't hit there.