This is a pack of four optional Avid RC 2x1.5mm Machined Shock Pistons. These pistons can be used with Team Associated, Losi and Kyosho 12mm shocks. These Avid 12mm piston have two 1.5mm holes and have been precision machined to provide a tight-fit in the shock body with little blow-by.
Avid recommends that these pistons are used in the front of a 1/10 stadium truck or short course truck, with 30 - 35wt oil. They will provide a little more pop off the jumps and a more direct feel of the track due to the extra weight of the larger vehicles.
For more information on Avid piston applications and tuning recommendations, click here.
- Use the 2 x 1.5 piston in truck or SC in front with 30 - 35wt.
- Use the 2 x 1.6 piston in truck or buggy with 30 - 32.5wt in front and 27.5 - 30wt in the rear
- Use the 2 x 1.7 piston in buggy with 35wt in front and 32.5wt in rear.
- Use 1.5+1.1 piston in replacement of the 2 x 1.6. In buggy, typically start with 30 wt oil front and 27.5 or 30wt rear.
- Use 1.6+1.1 piston in replacement of the 2 x 1.7. In buggy or truck, typically start with 30 or 32.5 wt oil in rear shocks.
- For a 4wd buggy, Avid recommends 1.5+1.1 front with 35 wt and 1.6+1.1 rear with 30 wt or 2 x 1.7 in the rear with 30wt.
- Fits 12mm shocks for Team Associated, TLR 22, and Kyosho (12mm bore, 3mm hole, 2.5mm thick).
- Machined round with a tighter fit to bore of the shock body for less blow-by.
- Each package includes 4 pistons inside of a Doodad container printed with AVID logo.