This is a set of optional XRAY Aluminum Rear Uprights with 1° of Outboard Toe-In, with four included 5x9x3mm bearings, and are intended for use with the T2 and T3 family of vehicles. These CNC-machined rear uprights are made from premium lightweight T6 aluminum. The ultra-strong rear uprights provide very long life and durability in even the most extreme racing conditions, and features an integrated 1° outboard toe-in. Use of outboard toe-in will increase the corner speed.
Composite bushings are used to secure the ball-bearings in both sides of these rear uprights. This allows the ball-bearings to fit perfectly and turn freely, giving a much longer lifespan compared to bearings installed directly into aluminum uprights.
The latest production changes for the aluminum rear uprights are two additional roll center positions, giving a total of 4 different roll center positions. The super-fine tuning roll center positions allow for very small set-up adjustments to tailor your car to different track conditions, and also depending on tire choice (rubber or foam). Roll center positions may be additionally adjusted by using shims of different thickness to alter the height of the roll center link.
NOTE: These aluminum uprights use 5x9x3mm Ball-Bearings
Effects of Rear Roll Center Changes
| Rear Roll Center
| Higher Roll Center
- Increased On Power Traction
- Use in Low Traction Conditions
- Use to avoid corner entry traction roll.
| Lower Roll Center
- Decreased Rear Traction into Corner
- Increases Corner Entry Steering
- Use to avoid mid corner and corner exit traction roll.
Effects of Rear Camber Link Length Changes
| Rear Upper Camber Link Length
| Shorter Link
- Increases steering and decreases stability at corner entry.
- Slight increase in on power traction
| Longer Link
- Increases Stability
- Decreased Rear Camber Gain
- Slows Down Responsiveness