This is an optional Competition Suspension Tekno Blue Squared V-Port Piston Set. These pistons share some of the same engineered features as the first generation Varying Port design. Through rigorous testing both on track and using CSI's state of the art Shock Dyno, CSI engineers have taken 1/8 scale off road shock performance to another level. CSI's Squared V-Port pistons provide two separate flow rates for compression and rebound damping. They have been engineered to provide superior performance on tracks that produce higher shaft velocities. The rebound side of CSI's Squared V-Port piston has been engineered and precision CNC machined to reduce the "packing effects" of the shock when higher velocities are achieved, allowing the tire to get back to the surface and absorb the next bump or series of bumps.
CSI Squared V-Port Pistons are offered in two flow rates, the base line piston (Blue) for average track surface conditions and the (Red) piston that should be used for rougher track surface conditions. Track conditions and vehicle set-up will determine final oil viscosity used.
Recommended Oil Viscosity Starting Ranges:
- (BLUE) 35wt Front/ 32.5wt Rear
- (RED) 40wt Front/37.5wt Rear
- (BLUE) 30wt Front/ 27.5wt Rear
- (RED) 35wt Front/ 32.5wt Rear
- (BLUE) 32.5wt Front/ 27.5wt Rear
- (RED) 37.5wt Front/ 32.5wt Rear
- (BLUE) 45wt Front/ 40wt Rear
- (RED) 50wt Front/ 45wt Rear
- (BLUE) 42.5wt Front/ 37.5wt Rear
- (RED) 45wt Front/ 40wt Rear