This is a set of two JConcepts Carvers Front Short Course Tires, in Green
Compound. JConcepts is assisting in making Short Course Trucks easier
to drive. The only option for tuning front tires on 2wd SCT trucks has
been to use a rear tire, but as the Short Course class has developed and
became a true racing class, it is clear that a ribbed tire is something
that could be an asset to your bag of tricks. JConcepts is the first to
introduce a directional ribbed front tire to Short Course Racing, the
The advantage of the Carvers tire is the ability to tune steering
response by utilizing a radial rib to present the tire compounds to the
racing surface. Typically, ribbed tires net a less aggressive and more
predictable front end response which can ultimately deliver faster and
more consistent races. With the 2.2” x 3.0” design, the large sidewall
retains the realism of the class while providing an additional tuning
The Carvers front tire is perfect for a variety of track surfaces. The
sharp angular and directional ribs provide the ultimate in control and
direction on the most common dry and wet condition surfaces. The compact
tire body combined with the JConcepts firm profiled inserts allow for
precise steering input and response for the most consistent laps times
Carvers in new condition excel on low traction surfaces as well as high
“loamy” traction and wet surfaces where no rubber has been taken into
the racing surface. Worn Carvers excel on indoor or outdoor clay tracks
where a light blue groove has formed.
- Available in Soft (Blue), Super Soft (Green), and Indoor Soft (Gold) compounds.
- Compact tire body
- Sharp angular and directional ribs with precise separation
- Includes firm profiled “closed cell” inserts
JConcepts Tire Compound Applications:
- Blue (Soft): All purpose compound. Excels in dusty, low bite conditions.
- Gold (Indoor Soft): Developed for indoor Clay surfaces.
- Green (Super Soft): For conditions with minimum traction. Works well on slippery, wet tracks.