This is a set of two JConcepts Carvers Front Short Course Tires, in Gold Compound. JConcepts is assisting in making Short Course Trucks easier to drive. The only option for tuning front tires on 2wd SCT trucks has been to use a rear tire, but as the Short Course class has developed and became a true racing class, it is clear that a ribbed tire is something that could be an asset to your bag of tricks. JConcepts is the first to introduce a directional ribbed front tire to Short Course Racing, the Carvers.
The advantage of the Carvers tire is the ability to tune steering response by utilizing a radial rib to present the tire compounds to the racing surface. Typically, ribbed tires net a less aggressive and more predictable front end response which can ultimately deliver faster and more consistent races. With the 2.2” x 3.0” design, the large sidewall retains the realism of the class while providing an additional tuning option.
The Carvers front tire is perfect for a variety of track surfaces. The sharp angular and directional ribs provide the ultimate in control and direction on the most common dry and wet condition surfaces. The compact tire body combined with the JConcepts firm profiled inserts allow for precise steering input and response for the most consistent laps times available.
Carvers in new condition excel on low traction surfaces as well as high “loamy” traction and wet surfaces where no rubber has been taken into the racing surface. Worn Carvers excel on indoor or outdoor clay tracks where a light blue groove has formed.
- Available in Soft (Blue), Super Soft (Green), and Indoor Soft (Gold) compounds.
- Compact tire body
- Sharp angular and directional ribs with precise separation
- Includes firm profiled “closed cell” inserts
JConcepts Tire Compound Applications:
- Blue (Soft): All purpose compound. Excels in dusty, low bite conditions.
- Gold (Indoor Soft): Developed for indoor Clay surfaces.
- Green (Super Soft): For conditions with minimum traction. Works well on slippery, wet tracks.