This is the Vaterra Slickrock 1/18 Mini Rock Buggy. From the forests of West Virginia to the deserts of California, wherever steep ravines and axle-busting boulders abound, rock crawlers are there. The 4x4 equivalent of a mountain goat, these amazing machines can assault brutally uneven terrain that would be impassable in any other type of off-road vehicle.
The 1/18-scale Vaterra™ Slickrock™ rock crawler is the most authentic RC rock crawler experience of its size. Its innovative combination of suspension, steering and drivetrain features set it apart from just about everything else in its class.
In Depth Features:
- Multi-Link Suspension and Full-Time 4WD: The amazing articulation of multi-link suspension makes it possible to tackle ridiculously uneven terrain while keeping all four tires firmly planted on the ground.
- Oversize Steering Servo: Unlike many 1/18-scale rock crawlers that use mini steering servos, this one comes with a waterproof servo big enough for 1/10-scale vehicles that delivers more torque for negotiating hostile terrain. The servo’s short-case design keeps it clear of the roll cage at any suspension angle. The bigger servo also puts extra weight on the front axle for better traction.
- Metal Front, Center and Rear Lockers: The metal lockers – an aftermarket option on most rock crawlers this size – won’t strip under heavy loads.
- Licensed 1.9 Interco Super Swamper® Tires: The realistic drivetrain and suspension are complemented by offi¬cially-licensed, 1.9-inch Interco TSL SX Super Swamper® tires. As with the full-scale versions, their tread pattern and compound provide excellent grip at almost any angle.
- Waterproof Electronics: The waterproof receiver, speed control and steering servo make it possible to brave environments and conditions that would put other mini rock crawlers out of commission.
- Optional LED Light Kit Available: The rigid light bar that comes on the vehicle can be outfitted with functional LEDs for running at night. All you need is the LED Light Bar Kit: SLK (VTR310000 – sold separately).
- Multi-link suspension with long-travel shocks
- Full-time 4WD
- Waterproof electronics
- Potent Dynamite power system
- Dynamite Tazer 380 motor
- Spektrum DX2E 2.4GHz radio system with batteries
- Oversize 1/10-scale servo for extra steering torque
- Licensed 1.9-inch Interco Super Swamper Tires
- Centrally-mounted transmission with metal locker
- Scale rock crawler cage
- Durable drive line with metal diff lockers
- Includes Dynamite 7.2V 1100mAh Ni-MH battery
- Includes Dynamite 2.0A Ni-MH AC peak charger
Type: Rock Crawler
Length: 12 in (30.5cm)
Width: 7 in (17.8cm)
Wheelbase: 8.5 in (21.6cm)
Chassis: Plastic Skid with Cage Frame
Tire Type: 1.9 Interco SS TSL
Motor or Engine: Brushed
Batteries: 1100 mAh Ni-Mh 7.2V w EC3
Charger: 200mA Wall Charger with EC3 Connector
Wheel Size: 1.9 in (hex is 12mm)
Shock Type: Oil Filled Plastic
Ball Bearings: Complete