Based on the Cobra platform, the Cobra GT is designed for high performance on asphalt surfaces and is destined to dominate the 1/8 GT class. The Cobra GT is a high end racing chassis and includes a 7075-T6 aluminum chassis, carbon fiber shock towers, race-clutch, 2-speed gearbox, durable spring-steel drive train, gear diffs, captured foam bumper and much, much more.
- Chassis plate: 3mm 7075 T6 aluminum with machined pockets to create flex and or make lighter. Kick-up angle on front as needed due to the race-rules. Slots to locate the front and rear suspension mounts precisely. Angled sides to increase stiffness. Open pockets to access flywheel and 2-speed gearbox. Laser engraved Cobra GT logo.
- Bumper: Captured foam bumper set, with wide foam bumper and strong upper and lower bumper-plate.
- Chassis stiffeners: Composite stiffener front and rear, to give extra stiffness, but still allow some flex as needed.
- Central disk brake system: Very low, centrally placed brake system for low center of gravity with ventilated glass fiber brake disks, combined with thick steel plates wont bend under pressure.
- Radio-box: Composite radio box provides space for the lay-down steering servo and the upright placed brake-throttle servo. Sufficient spacers are supplied for correct fitting of the servo’s. The receiver and battery can be placed safely under the large cap. The transponder can be mounted in the central part, between servo and receiver box. The whole assembly including linkages can be taken off easily and fast in one go, when cleaning the car, or doing maintenance.
- Servo arms and linkages: The servo arms have a splined insert to have the right fit per brand. The linkage assemblies run clean and tight and are easy to access to modify settings.
- Suspension brackets: Beautifully machined and anodized 7065 T6 suspension brackets, laser engraved. Precision fit for the nylon roll center inserts and pivot balls / pins.
- Steering block assembly: Composite steering blocks combined with 10° C-hubs for precise steering. Spring steel wheel-axles with 8x18x5mm and 15x21x4mm large size bearings with precision threaded aluminum +3 offset wheel-hubs. Flanged and serrated wheel nuts guarantee that you will not loose a wheel nut in a race.
- Front suspension: Durable over sized lower suspension arms in strong composite nylon. On the lower side the special down stop screws are mounted. The lower shock-mounting pins are secured with a small grub screw from the bottom.
- Front anti-roll bar: The ball raced front anti-roll bar system consists of a spring steel wire, which is guided through the diff-cases and run in ball raced steel adapters. The wire is linked to the lower suspension arm, with a captured adjustable threaded pivot ball, for very precise and low friction operation.
- Front shock tower and body mounts: 4.5mm thick carbon shock tower with 5 upper positioning holes for the shocks and 6 holes for roll-center positions. 1 centrally located adjustable body mount, and 2 forward mounted adjustable body mounts, all with flip-tops.
- Angled steering system / servo saver: The bell cranks are angled to reduce the angle of difference between the total caster and steering plane. Therefore you will have less bump steer and a precise steering Ackerman through the entire range of suspension.
- Ackerman plates: Due to the design of the steering bell cranks you will not need to adjust your steering tie rods when changing the Ackerman. You only need to adjust your end points on your radio.
- Rear suspension arms: Durable over sized lower suspension arms in strong composite nylon. On the lower side the down stops screws are mounted. The lower shock-mounting pins are secured with a small grub screw from the bottom.
- Rear upright assembly: Composite uprights with 3 upper roll-center positions. Strong steel track-rods with L/R threading and strong ball joints to pre-set camber. Spring steel wheel-axles with large size 8x16x5mm and 13x19x4mm bearings with precision threaded +3 offset aluminum wheel-hubs. Rubber dust covers in the rear protect the cvd system and keep the lubrication inside. Flanged and serrated wheel nuts to guarantee that you will not loose a wheel nut in a race.
- Rear anti-roll bar: The ball raced front anti-roll bar system consists of a spring steel wire, which is guided through the diff-cases and runs in ball raced steel adapters. The wire is linked to the lower suspension arm, with a captured adjustable threaded pivot ball, for precise and low friction operation.
- Shock tower rear: 4.5mm thick carbon shock tower for extra stiffness, with 5 upper positioning holes for the shocks and 6 holes for roll-center positions.
- Rear wing mount and body mounts: Composite rear wing, with strong nylon adjustable rear body mounts on wide body-support bridge located far enough to the rear, to support the body.
- Captured pivot pins and balls and bolted hinge pins: All spring-steel hinge pins are either captured or bolted in place and made in spring-steel quality. This insures your chances to finish an hour long main event, while battling for the lead. This relieves stress on the hinge pin when adjusting the kick up, or anti squat. Your pin is free to rotate to any angle without binding.
- Shock absorbers big-bore 16mm: Hard Teflon coated threaded shock bodies with 4mm shock-rods. Black anodized aluminum screw on shock-tops with Serpent laser engraving. Pre-load adjusters with o-rings inside. Shocks use large diameter membranes and large diameter o-rings and bushings to create a super smooth and leak-proof package. Large diameter pistons are held in place by a nut on the polished shock-rods tops. Open type spring retainer to let dirt out easy.
- RCM shock springs: Short type color coded shock springs are supplied for the 1st standard set-up. Springs are ground flat top and bottom, and checked individually for tension and length.
- Compact gear differentials: Very compact gear differentials with smooth metal sintered gears, and steel shaft. Perfect sealing case with special gasket and o-rings. Very light and durable outdrive cups in spring-steel. Hardened spring-steel 13 Tooth diff-coupler with connector running in 2 oversized 8x19x6mm and 13x19x4mm bearings.
- Front and rear CVD set: Both front and rear captured driveshafts are used with the CVD system. Durable yet light spring steel engraved driveshafts with hard steel pins.
- Spring steel transmission parts: The front and rear thin but strong spring steel cardan shafts connect the differentials to the gearbox section.
- Engine mount: Machined 7075 T6 aluminum engine mounts with side cooling fins.
- Coil exhaust wire and aluminum mount: The tuned pipe is securely fastened with a coil spring and aluminum holder. Helps aid in the front to back movement of the pipe when chassis flex occurs. Helps to prevent damage to your exhaust gaskets.
- SL8 2-speed gearbox: SL8 gearbox comes straight from the Serpent 966 1/8 scale on road car. Very light and compact design. Centrifugal spring loaded shoe system with large aluminum bell and flange with one-way bearing. Durable composite 2-speed gears.
- 2-speed clutch-housing with screw-on gears: Strong steel clutch-housing with precision machined threading, with hard coated aluminum screw on gears.
- 4-shoe clutch: Full carbon 4 shoe clutch-set with medium type springs. Easy to assemble with light and durable anodized aluminum flywheel.
- 125cc fuel tank: Composite nylon fuel-tank with spring loaded cap, bronze sintered clunk type filter and splash-side guard. Side features slots to mount the supplied tube-guiders. Tank mounts to chassis on longer composite posts with integrated rubber buffers to allow some movement and reduce fuel-foaming. The clunk system will allow the engine to continue running when the car is up-side-down.
- Sleek low profile air filter: Centralized air filter design to minimize cab width and height. Flexible rubber boot combined with strong nylon case to support the foam elements. Excellent dense foam air filter elements to keep your engines clean inside.
- Oils and grease: The shock-oil, diff oil and some grease is supplied to meet the standard set-up.
- Manual and set-up: Full color manual with easy to follow assembly steps, exploded views for easy spares ordering, a blank and standard set-up sheet for a good start set-up.
- Decals: Black and white promo body-decals ; Serpent generic and Cobra GT ones.
- Packing: Parts are packed according to the steps explained in the manual.
Class: 1/8 scale 4wd GT
Purpose: high end competition
Suspension: Fully independent
Clutch: 4 shoe
Gearbox: 2-speed SL8
Drivetrain: Cardan shafts, 2 gear diffs
Fuel tank: 125cc
Needed to Complete:
- Radio & receiver
- Receiver battery pack & charger
- Engine, pipe & starter system
- Wheels & tires
- Body & wing; Click here for a list of available 1/8 GT bodies.