This is the Kyosho Inferno ST-RR EVO Competition 1/8 Scale Truck Kit. Not content with the impressive record of racing victories, Kyosho has taken the Inferno ST-RR and charged ahead with further enhancements in the form of the Inferno ST-RR EVO. The dynamic off-road speed of a racing buggy has been combined with the strength of a stadium truck to produce a machine that continues to set new benchmarks for speed and durability in the exciting “Truggy” class.
With a wide scope of setup options available, you can easily fine tune the truck to give you a winning edge. To utilize this potential, the RR EVO has combined the small diameter flywheel adopted from the 1/8 Buggy World Champion Inferno MP9 with strengthened straight cut bevel gears, as well as threaded big bore shocks for precise spring pre-load settings. The included body combines low profile form and a cab forward design with the MP9’s rear wing to produce sure footed rear grip and superior maneuverability. The dynamic performance of the Inferno ST-RR EVO will blow the truggy racing competition away and puts the Inferno’s legendary off-road power in your hands.
- Long Chassis: Instead of just guessing and producing a random long chassis, the designers and team drivers tested different configurations of varying lengths and weight distribution to establish which provides the best performance. The front-weighted chassis that was chosen features extra length for rock-solid stability in the bumps, while concentrating weight as far forward as possible to give the ST-RR EVO exceptional steering response. It's the best of both worlds; ultra crisp steering response and unrivaled stability.
- Big Bore Shocks: New threaded body Big Bore Shocks allow precise adjustment of the front and rear suspension.
- Improved Shock Boots: New accordion-style shock boots keep the big 3.5mm shock shafts clean.
- Strengthened Ring & Pinion Gears: The internal ring and pinion gears of the drivetrain are now formed from the strongest material available, which means the ring and pinion gears will be better able to withstand the punishment of long races and the biggest, most powerful engines.
- Lightweight Universal Driveshafts: The driveshafts feature a lightweight design and are made from ultra-durable hardened steel, the strongest and most durable material ever used, with a distinctive black/silver finish.
- Low Profile, High Down-force Cab Forward Body: Looks are almost as important as performance, and the new ST-RR includes a modern, low-profile extended body to fit the long chassis of the truck resulting in more steering.
- Extended Wing Mount: A new rear wing mount raises the rear wing 18mm and moves it 8mm to the rear, creating more down force for better jumping performance and improved high-speed handling and traction.
- Wide Offset Wheel Hubs: Previously optional wide offset hubs are now standard equipment for the ST-RR. They increase the width of the truck by 18mm for more stability through uneven bumps and high-speed corners, which gives you the confidence to keep the throttle pinned through the rough sections for even faster lap times. Standard and medium offset hubs are still available for extra tuning options.
- High-Grade (HG) Air Filter: Introduced in the MP9 buggy, the HG air filter features a new high-density, high-flow foam that is more resistant to various types of filter oil. The high-density structure of the foam means this filter captures more dirt particles to keep your racing engine running stronger for longer. The high flow rate allows the engine to breathe exceptionally well and maintain maximum power even through a grueling 1-hour main event. The faceted texture of the outer filter provides more surface area, which means it breathes better for longer than a standard round filter.
- Mud Guards: Thin, light weight mud guards cover a larger area from the leading face of the rear suspension arm to protect the rear suspension components from dirt and mud as well as hard hits from rocks.
- MP9 Parts: The ST-RR EVO is equipped with race proven team driver tested MP9 parts, like vented brake disks, HG air filter, high down force wing and low profile engine mounts, providing you with the tools you need to win at the track.
- Flanged Hinge Pin: New flanged hinge pins and nylon nuts are used to secure the outer lower suspension components, allowing easy installation/removal and simplified maintenance.
- Legendary Kyosho Quality: In addition to all the exciting new features, the ST-RR EVO is produced using unique manufacturing methods and premium quality materials that make Kyosho vehicles legendary for their quality, precision and durability. Most of the details are not obvious because plastic parts look just like other plastic parts, but only the experience of seven 1/8 off-road World Championships (more than all other manufacturers COMBINED) provides the unique knowledge of exactly what materials and designs work best. Whether it's precision grinding for exact parts fit, high-grade race-tested composites, high-tech aluminum and steel alloys, space age coatings or premium-quality bearings, there are plenty of reasons why educated and experienced racers prefer Kyosho.
Wheelbase: 373mm: 378mm
Tread (F/R): 353mm / 353mm
Gear Ratio: 16.54:1
Weight: 3,750g Approx.
Needed to Complete:
- 2-channel, 2-servo R/C system for cars
- 21 - 28 class engine
- Manifold and tuned muffler
- Tires, Wheels, Foams and Glue
- Fuel & engine starting tools
- Paint for body
- Batteries & Charger for R/C system
- HG Air Cleaner Oil (KYO96176)