This is the Team Losi Racing 8IGHT-T 3.0 4WD Competition Nitro Truggy Kit. The 8IGHT-T 3.0 truggy takes advantage of the same engineering and expertise that make the 8IGHT 3.0 buggy a ROAR National Champion. Everything from the suspension geometry to the body and wing design have been refined so it is easier for racers of all skill levels to drive faster and achieve lower lap times. Superb handling, combined with the ability to handle the most powerful engines and toughest tracks, make the 8IGHT-T 3.0 truggy a true contender for the world stage.
- Improved Suspension Geometry: The suspension geometry is refined to give racers of all skill levels a neutral handling truggy that is easy to drive fast. 15-degree, non-inclined caster blocks raise the spindle, allowing the vehicle to soak up bumps with less dog bone plunge. Redesigned front arms improve front wheel clearance and increase steering throw. Camber and shock locations on the shock towers are optimized for quick and easy tuning.
- Large-bore 16mm Shocks & Tapered Springs: The large bore shocks are easier to tune and include machined pistons and shock bushings for greater precision. The tapered shock springs provide more spring-to-arm clearance and a progressive rate that keeps the ride plush over rough sections of track while still providing plenty of bottoming resistance for landing large jumps. Larger volume bladders with improved durability are also included.
- 8IGHT-T 3.0 Body & Wing: The body is a refined version of the revolutionary 8IGHT-T 2.0 truggy's cab forward body. It's complemented by a redesigned rear wing with larger side plates that improves air flow and provides greater down force. An optional wickerbill system is included so you can fine tune stability for different track conditions.
- Center Dogbone Drive System: Front and rear-center dogbones eliminate the friction of a CV coupler and reduce the bind caused as the front center CV coupler wears.
- Option Parts Included: The kit includes an impressive collection of optional parts that includes lightweight outdrives, a lightweight spur gear, adjustable hinge pin braces, a hard-anodized flywheel, an aluminum servo saver top, aluminum rear bearing inserts and more.
- Gen III Radio Tray: The Gen III Radio tray provides better weight distribution and helps prolong servo life with molded index points that improve linkage alignment. A ball bearing-mounted throttle tri-horn keeps engine response smooth and precise. The switch location has been moved for easier access and the metal J-nut that secures the battery box reduces wear on the radio tray from chassis flex.
- Redesigned Ring & Pinon Gear: Redesigned 12T pinion and 47T ring gears for the front and rear greatly improve gear mesh and tooth engagement. The transmission cases are also made from a stiffer material for more consistent gear mesh under load, and paired with the gears, there are no issues with gear skipping or excess wear.
Type: 1/8th Nitro Truggy
Length: 18.75 in (476mm)
Width: 16.38 in (416.1mm)
Height: 7.30 in (185.5mm)
Wheelbase: 14.93-15.09 in (379-383mm)
Chassis: 4mm Plate, 7075-T6 Aluminum
Suspension: 4-wheel Independent
Engine: .21-.28 Nitro Engine
Gear Pitch: 1.0 MOD
Shock Type: 16mm bore with Bladders
Body: 8IGHT-T 3.0 Body
Ball Bearings: Full Precision Ball Bearings
Fuel Tank Capacity: 150cc
Experience Level: Intermediate
Assembly Time: 3-5 Hours
Needed to Complete:
- .21 or .28-Size Nitro Engine
- 1/8-Scale Exhaust System
- 2to 3-Channel Radio System
- Receiver Pack and Charger
- Starter Box
- Glow Igniter
- Nitro Fuel
- Fuel Bottle/Fuel Gun
- Polycarbonate-Compatible Paint
- Modeling Tools
- 1/8-Scale Off-Road Truggy Tires, Wheels, and Insert