This is the Tekno RC ET48 1/8 Electric 4WD Off Road Truggy Kit. Tekno RC’s presence in the 1/8th electric class is nothing new. They were the first manufacturer to design a 1/8th chassis specifically for electric power. Now comes the next phase in the evolution of the 1/8 scale electric class – the ET48 Electric 1/8th 4WD Competition Truggy! Starting with the narrow chassis, perfect weight distribution, efficient straight driveline, and incredible durability that make the EB48 platform successful, Tekno added heavy duty truggy driveshafts, turnbuckles shocks and shock towers to create what Tekno believes to be the best 1/8 truggy on the market.
Most 1/8 trucks have flip-floppy arms and inadequate shock absorbers coupled to undersized shock towers. Tekno set out to change all that with a set of truggy arms that are stiffer and beefier, making the suspension more efficient and delivering a higher corner speed with a noticeable increase in overall steering and response. Another obvious benefit is the ultimate durability of the arms. They are nearly indestructible.
A set of rear shocks were needed to handle the rigors of truggy racing. Measuring in at 137mm long, they provide excellent bump handling and jump landing. Tekno 122mm shocks (EB48/NB48/SCT410 rear), are used on the front. CNC machined 8 x 1.3mm pistons are standard, delivering the perfect blend of low speed and high speed damping. Truggy specific shock springs and sway bars have been developed to finish off the damping package.
The last piece of the puzzle was the shock towers. Truggies need more suspension travel than buggies, both up and down. To ensure that any racer could tune in their suspension to any track condition, Tekno designed the ET48 with more droop than any other truggy. At the same time, there is an abundance of up-travel to make sure the shocks don’t bottom out before the chassis does on hard landings or super rough conditions. The front tower stands tall and is a whopping 6mm thick full CNC machined 7075 aluminum gun metal anodized masterpiece. The rear is 5mm thick and equally impressive. Let’s face it, truggies drive hard, crash harder and need to be able to handle the abuse. The ET48 rolls with the punches and keeps coming back for more.
An electric specific truggy body was designed to hug the mud guards and cut through the wind like a razor. Put it this way, the body is narrower than a 1/10 touring car and contributes to the incredibly agile and nimble handling characteristics of the ET48.
The ET48 shares all of the factory hop-ups and improvements we made to the EB48.2 buggy. A +1.5 degree rear toe plate (TKR5013B) along with a 0.5 degree offset insert are included, along with the 1.0 and 0.0 offset inserts (TKR5021). The shock cartridges and shock bushings (TKR6008) have been redesigned to improve handling consistency and reduce shaft deflection. The differentials carry over from the EB48/NB48/SCT410 with the updated cross-pins and internal gears included (TKR5149, TKR5150). Truggy specific straight cut CNC diff ring and pinion gears ensure smooth, efficient, and quiet operation. Lightened differential outdrives (TKR5112X, TKR5114X) are used throughout. The lightened aluminum center driveshaft (TKR5077) is standard. A lighter drivetrain results in faster acceleration, higher top speed, and reduced wear. The angled rear gearbox (TKR5016B) and larger bearings (TKRBB05134) round out the driveline. The angled gearbox reduces wear and increases efficiency by minimizing drive angles.
Up front the ET48 features the HD servo saver spring (TKR5101X) to help keep you pointing in the right direction. Lightened aluminum steering posts (TKR5102A) as well as lightened aluminum suspension sleeves (TKR5054A, TKR5055A) help reduce weight without any sacrifice in durability. Aluminum hard anodized pivot balls are used throughout (TKR5049A, TKR5052A, TKR5053A, TKR5058A, TKR5079A) to reduce weight. Combine all of this with a winning out-of-the-box setup and you have the ET48. Tekno RC – Dominating RC One Class at a Time!
- +1.5 degree rear outer toe plate for more adjustability (TKR5013B)
- CNC straight cut differential ring and pinion gears for smoother and quieter operation (TKR5403, TKR5405).
- Internal differential gears with low wear cross-pin design (TKR5149, TKR5150)
- Low-friction shock cartridge internals that minimize shaft deflection (TKR6008)
- Angled rear inner bulkhead with larg bearings to reduce wear and increase efficiency (TKR5016B, TKRBB05134)
- Hard anodized aluminum pivot balls throughout – reduces weight (TKR5049A, TKR5052A, TKR5053A, TKR5058A, TKR5079A)
- Hard anodized aluminum front spindle and suspension bushings – reduces weight (TKR5054A, TKR5055A)
- Aluminum steering posts – reduces weight (TKR5102A)
- Aluminum front center driveshaft – reduces rotating mass (TKR5077)
- Lightened differential outdrives throughout – reduces rotating mass (TKR5112X, TKR5114X)
- HD servo saver spring for more precise steering feel (TKR5101X)
- 1.0, 0.5, and 0.0mm offset hinge pin inserts for more adjustability (TKR5021)
- 100% Tekno RC Designed and Tested in Southern California.
- Designed to be electric from the ground up – no nitro conversions here!
- 4mm CNC 7075 aluminum hard anodized lightened chassis.
- Super narrow chassis – widest point is only 125mm (less than 5”) mudguard-to-mudguard.
- Class leading front and rear clearance (short chassis overhang) provides better bump handling and jump landing.
- Integrated battery tray/mud guard, battery is sunken into chassis for a super low COG.
- Integrated electronics tray/mud guard for easy removal of electronics.
- Spacious, enclosed, easy access radio box with integrated transponder mount.
- Single pack configuration is better balanced, lighter weight, and makes battery changes easier. Battery tray accommodate 2x2s packs.
- Differentials and Drivetrain:
- Straight cut CNC ring and pinion gears.
- 3 fluid filled adjustable super lightweight diffs.
- Less rotating mass = better acceleration.
- Straight center driveline for maximum efficiency and minimal wear.
- CV driveshafts with captured pins on all 4 wheels.
- Super smooth 16mm big bore shocks.
- 6mm front, 5mm rear CNC 7075 aluminum shock towers are standard.
- CNC pistons are standard.
- Innovative cone piston design (not just tapered) provides varied compression and rebound rates.
- Fully adjustable long travel suspension geometry maximizes stability and traction while providing superior cornering and on-power steering.
- CNC threaded shock bodies, caps, cartridge caps, and adjustment nuts.
- 4mm hardened steel polished shafts.
- Triple guide design for true consistent shaft action.
- Options for vented cap, emulsion, or standard shock configurations.
- Optional spring rates and spring kits are available.
- Suspension and Steering:
- Adjustable length rear arms to suit any track condition.
- Adjustable front arm sweep and angle to make the car more aggressive (swept back), or easier to drive (swept forward).
- Front and rear arms can be used on either side, rear hubs can be used on either side – less parts in your toolbox.
- ‘Narrow pivot’ steering posts provide ‘0 bump’ geometry with almost ’0 steering slop’.
- Adjustable CNC 7075 hinge pin braces are standard.
- 4mm inner, 3.5mm outer hinge pins, polished for smooth action.
- Adjustable Ackerman and bump-steer (bump in, 0 bump, bump out).
- CNC aluminum Ackerman plate rides on 4 precision bearings.
- LCG rod ends and lightweight turnbuckles are lowered by 5mm.
- Adjustable steering stops for precise steering travel settings.
- Motor Mount:
- 2-piece CNC aluminum motor mount with precise dual clamping gear mesh adjustment.
- Lightweight direct-to-diff mount design.
- Use standard MOD 1 pinion, Tekno RC Traktion Drive or Elektri-Clutch.
- Use motor brakes or mechanical brakes, the choice is yours.
- Easily accommodates ‘Truggy’ or ‘Long’ can motors up to 78mm long.
- Other Features:
- Lightweight easily adjustable wing mount system.
- High downforce wing included.
- Easily adjust anti-squat, rear toe, front arm angle, front arm sweep, roll center, toe, camber, wheelbase, rear arm length, Ackerman, bump steer, suspension geometry out of the box.
- Full set of option parts available.
- Extremely easy to work on with minimal screw count.
- All metric hex hardware.
Width: 416-420*mm (*optional hubs required)
Weight: 4000g (9.0lb) (weight varies with equipment and battery used)
Diff Ratio: F/R – 9/40t, Center – 44t
Battery Tray Dimensions: 50x148mm (2x2s or 1x4s config)
Needed to Complete:
- 2/3 channel radio/transmitter
- 1/8 Scale ESC and motor
- High torque steering servo, optional brake servo
- Pinion or Traktion Drive / Elektri-Clutch system
- 4-6s LiPo battery
- 1/8th scale truggy tires, wheels & CA glue
- Paint for body
- Hex tools (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm), pliers, other tools