This is the Serpent S811B 2.1 "Cobra" 1/8 Scale Competition Buggy Kit. For the 2014 season Serpent introduces the 2.1 version of their famous S811 Cobra Buggy. The 2.1 retains all the key features of the previous buggy, but adds a plus 4 chassis, longer aluminum rear brace, hardcoated shock caps, and more. The changes may seem subtle, but were very important to make the car drive easier and faster than ever before.
Updated 2.1 Features:
- Plus 4 Chassis: The hard anodised chassis is 4mm longer in the rear, creating a more stable rear end, especially better on tracks with short bumps and rough surface.
- Longer Aluminum Rear Brace: The longer aluminum brace also helps to make the rear end more stable. The shorter nylon or aluminum version can also still be fitted.
- Longer Rear Central Shaft: To suit the longer chassis a longer rear central shaft is included.
- Hardcoated Shockcaps: The hardcoated aluminum shock caps can withstand the rigors of rolls and flips better.
- Aluminum 14° Caster Blocks: The Cobra buggy has a lot of steering which makes it very fast. The 14 degree caster blocks help to smoothen out the steering a bit; theres still lots of steering, but its now easier and less direct, creating a more stable front end. The 10 and 12 degree composite c-hubs are also included.
- Chassis: 4mm longer hard anodized chassis in 3mm 7075 T6 aluminum, with machined pockets to create flex and make it lighter. Kick-up angle on front for stable landings. Countersunk holes. Slots to locate the front and rear suspension mounts precisely. Angled sides to increase stiffness. Laser engraved Cobra logo.
- Bumper: Aligned with chassis kick-up for precise landings and to protect front suspension holder and anti-roll bar.
- Chassis Stiffeners: Aluminum longer rear stiffener with composite front stiffener to give extra stiffness, but still allow some flex.
- Central Radio/Servo Mount: Composite radio box which offers good space for the steering and throttle -servo, the receiver and receiver battery. The whole assembly including linkages can be taken off easily and fast in one go, when cleaning the car, or doing maintenance. One extra post is added close to the servo for stability.
- Servo Arms & Linkages: The servo arms have a splined insert to have the right fit per brand. The linkages run very clean and tight and are easy to access to modify settings.
- Suspension Brackets: Beautifully machined, anodized and laser engraved 7075 T6 aluminum suspension brackets. Precision fit for the nylon roll center inserts and pivot balls/pins.
- Steering Block: Composite steering blocks combined with 14° black aluminum C-hubs provide precise steering. Composite 10 and 12 degree c-hubs also included. Spring steel wheel-axles with large sized bearings and large inner bearing with precision threaded aluminum whee-hubs with offset. Flanged and serrated wheel nuts ensure you don't loose a wheel during a race.
- Front Suspension: Durable oversized lower suspension arms are molded from strong composite nylon. On the lower side the special shaped downstop screws are mounted. The lower shock-mounting pins are secured with a small grub screw from the bottom.
- Front Anti-Roll Bar: The ball raced front anti-roll bar system consist of a spring steel bend wire, which is guided through the diff-cases and runs in ball raced steel adapters. The wire is linked to the lower suspension arm, with a captured adjustable threaded pivotball, for very precise and low friction operation and easy tuning.
- Front Shock Tower & Body Mounts: 4.5mm thick carbon shock tower with 5 upper positioning holes for the shocks and and 6 holes for roll-center positions. 1 centrally located adjustable body mount, and 2 forward mounted adjustable body mounts, all with flip-tops.
- Angled Steering System/Servo Saver: The bell cranks are angled to reduce the angle difference between the total caster and steering plane, providing less bump steer and a truer steering Ackerman through the entire range of suspension.
- Ackerman Plates: With the design of the steering bell cranks, you will not need to adjust your steering tie rods when changing the Ackerman. You only need to adjust the end points on your radio.
- Rear Suspension Arms: Durable longer oversized lower suspension arms are molded from strong composite nylon. On the lower side the special downstop screws are mounted. The lower shock-mounting pins are secured with a small grub screw from the bottom.
- Mud-Guards: Super light polycarbonate mud guards mount to the lower rear suspension arms and will keep dirt away from your anti-roll bars, transmission and wheels.
- Rear Upright Assembly: Composite uprights with 3 upper roll-center positions. Strong steel track-rods with L/R threading and strong ball joints to pre-set camber. Spring steel wheel-axles with larger inner bearings and precision threaded aluminum wheel-hubs with offset. Rubber dust covers in the rear protect the cvd system and keep the lubrication inside. Flanged and serrated wheel nuts guarantee that you will not loose a wheel nut in a race.
- Mud Scrapers: Composite mud scrapers mount to the uprights, and will keep the inside of your wheel cleaner in muddy conditions.
- Rear Anti-Roll Bar: The ball raced rear anti-roll bar system, consist of a spring steel bend wire, which is guided through the diff-cases and runs in ball raced steel adapters. The wire is linked to the lower suspension arm, with a captured adjustable threaded pivotball, for very precise and low friction operation.
- Rear Shock Tower: 4.5mm thick carbon shock tower, integrated into the rear section for extra stiffness, with 5 upper positioning holes for the shocks and 6 holes for roll-center positions.
- Rear Wing Mount & Body Mounts: Composite rear wing, with strong nylon adjustable rear body mounts on wide body-support bridge located far enough to the rear to support the body.
- Captured Pivot Pins, Balls & Bolted Hinge Pins: All hinge pins are either captured or bolted in place and made from high quality spring-steel. This relieves stress on the hinge pin when adjusting the kick up, or anti squat and allows the pin to rotate to any angle without binding.
- Big-Bore 16mm Shock Absorbers: Hard Teflon coated threaded shock bodies with 4mm shock-rods. Hard anodized aluminum screw on shock-tops with Serpent laser engraving. Pre-load adjusters with o-rings inside. Shocks use large diameter membranes, with large diameter o-rings and bushings to create a super smooth and leak-proof package. Large diameter pistons are held in place with a nut on the polished shock-rods. Open type spring retainer to let dirt out easy. The shock-shafts are protected by rubber boots.
- RCM Shock Springs: Short type color coded shock springs are supplied for the standard set-up. Springs are ground flat top and bottom, and checked individually for tension and length.
- Compact Gear Differentials: Compact gear differentials with very smooth metal sintered gears, and steel shafts. Perfect sealed case with special gasket and o-rings. Very light and durable outdrive cups in spring-steel. Hardened spring-steel diff-coupler rotates in 2 oversized bearings. Drive ratio 4.3:1. This drive ratio will provide amazing acceleration combined with low vehicle weight. It is a sure win, and will help improve fuel mileage.
- Front & Rear CVD-Sets: Both front and rear captured driveshafts are being used with the CVD system. Durable yet light spring steel engraved driveshafts with hard steel pins.
- Spring Steel Transmission Parts: The front and rear thin but strong spring steel cardan shafts connect the differentials .
- Throttle & Brake Lever Ball Cups: Helps provide consistent leverage on the brake lever or carburetor if you do not have the linkage perfectly aligned.
- Piston Braking System: Provides more stopping power than you could have ever imagined, with less servo power. Also is fully adjustable with 3 types of pistons, solid, O ring type, spring type. In turn you can adjust your bias or braking feel to your liking in more ways than ever before.
- Fiber Glass Disc Brakes: Fiber Glass brake disks with oversized front disk.
- Brake Plate Springs: Will keep the plates spread open to ensure un-wanted brake disk drag.
- 4 Shoe clutch: Allows you to mix and match shoe materials evenly in pairs. Also provides more surface area for consistent engagement. 4 carbon shaped shoes are standard (aluminum optional).
- Coil Exhaust Wire & Aluminum Mount: Helps aid in the front to back movement of the pipe when chassis flex occurs and helps to prevent damage to the exhaust gaskets.
- Engine Mount: Machined 7075 T6 aluminum engine mount, with side cooling-fins.
- 125cc Fuel Tank: Splash basin on the top with a self centering fuel tank seal. The fuel tank seal is angled to self guide its way into the bore of the tank. At the same time will provide a seal on the chamfered and flat edges, providing consistent engine performance from one pit stop to the next. Built in tank splash guard helps prevent fuel from splashing onto your air filter.
- Fuel Line & Stoppers: Top quality soft silicone fuel line to connect to tank, car and pipe, and also includes small composite stoppers to close your fuel line when taking the tank, engine, or pipe out.
- Tank with Swiveling Nipple & Floating Clunk: With the swiveling nipple you are able to adjust the angle you want the fuel line to travel. At the same time the floating clunk helps when the car is upside down.
- Oversized Tank with Adjustable Volume: With the insertion of a simple screw and volume reducer you can have ROAR, IFMAR and any other organizations legal tank volume.
- Low Profile Air Filter: Centralized air filter design to minimize cab width and height. Flexible rubber boot combined with strong nylon case to support the foam elements. Excellent dense foam airfilter elements to keep your engines clean inside.
- Body: Serpent cab forward Avenger body is included in the kit with film and masking tape.
- Rear Wing: Low version strong rear white aero rear wing is included for great downforce and straight line stability.
- Oils & Grease: The shock-oil, diff oil and grease is supplied to meet the standard set-up.
- Manual & Set-Up: Full color manual with easy to follow assembly steps, exploded views to help find spare parts, as well as blank and standard set-up sheets for a good starting set-up.
- Decals: Includes black and white Serpent and Cobra promo body-decals.
- Packing: Parts are packed according to the steps explained in the manual.
- Service & Support: The Serpent distributor, dealer or agent is your source for more info, but also the Serpent website, member section and the Youtube channel provides lots of information.
Class: 1/8 scale 4wd buggy
Type: kit-version, high end competition
Weight: 3,300 grams (weight varies according to equipment used)
Clutch: 4-shoe centrifugal, carbon shoes
Differential: light weight, small gear diffs front/center/rear
Brake: Piston type with glass fiber disks
Shocks: 16mm big bore
Fuel tank: 125cc
Needed to Complete:
- Big Block Nitro Engine & Tuned Exhaust System
- 2 Channel Radio System
- High Torque Steering & Brake Servo's (2)
- Receiver Battery
- Glow Driver
- Starter Box & Batteries
- Nitro Fuel & Fuel Bottle
- Paint for Polycarbonate Body
- Tires, Wheels & Glue
- Charger for Receiver Pack & Starter Box Batteries